Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Boston Scavenger Hunt Adventure
"The adventure begins in Boston Common and will take you on a journey among historic landmarks and along key sections of the Freedom Trail. Experience the history of old cemeteries and famous meeting halls with the sights and smells of the Italian North E' you choose your own pace. You can start when you want and take breaks to discover the city; perhaps stop for lunch along the Freedom Trail or grab an Italian pastry in the North End.The tour requires approximately 2 miles of walking with several stops along the route to complete challenges and decipher clues. The game software tracks team points and posts the final score to a city leaderboard!Please note: Pricing is per individual but your team must book together. One vouche"""Turn Boston into a giant game board with this fun scavenger hunt adventure! This challenge combines the excitement of the Amazing Race with a 3-hour city walking tour. Using your smart phone to guide you make your way through Boston among well-known and overlooked gems of the city solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. Great for families
From $15.00

Boston Freedom Trail to Copley Square Walking Tour
"Pick the perfect day to explore the streets of Boston. At 10am meet your professional guide outside of 28 State Street located across from the Old State House. Follow your guide and begin your 2-hour walking tour of Boston.Start your tour on the Freedom Trail visiting Faneuil Hall the Old and New State Houses and the Boston Massacre Site. See both the Old and New City Halls along with Old Corner Bookstore and King's Chapel. Stroll through downtown on your way to Boston Common and the Public Garden. Admire the stunning swan boats as they sail under the world's smallest suspension bridge. Continue on to the John Hanco
From $25.00

Downtown Freedom Trail Walking Tour in Boston
"Choose when to explore Boston at either 10am or 6pm. Arrive at 28 State Street across from the Old State House. Meet your professional guide and then begin your 70-minute walking tour of the Freedom Trail. Start your tour at the Old State House and then compare it with the New State House. See Faneuil Hall a marketplace and meeting hall since 1743. Walk through the city to the Boston Massacre Site and learn the history behind the memorial. Admire the architecture of Park Street Church and King's Chapel. Then make your way to the Old South Meeting House. Walk through the Old Granary Cemetery and visit Old City Hall. Pass the First Schoolhouse Site and The Old Corner Bookstore which was a meeting place for famous authors including Ralph Waldo Emerson and Charles Dickens. Stroll through the beautiful Boston Common to end your Freedom Trail walking tour. Explore the quirky streets and charming atmosphere of Boston on this 70-minute walking tour."
From $15.00

Dealing with locals Tips (8)

Sex, drugs and rock and roll...all in one place

There's a pub in Brockton near the Mall that has everything...prostitution, drugs dealers, strippers and some of the seediest people in the Boston area...even with the Police at the door (it's Brockton). As long as the manager doesn't see it, anything goes.

I'd avoid it for safety sake. I accidently visited it on the way to the Cape.

Distressed
Mar 27, 2016

boston towns

people have made up all kinds of names for towns in boston. theres murderpan/mattapan which not a lot of people call it. dot/dorchester. westie/west roxbury. southie/south boston. eastie/east boston there is no nothend or west end or est end. Dorchester ave is called dot ave. massachusetts ave is called Mass. Ave and there is also Comm. Ave.

bstngrl
Apr 04, 2011

Being Accosted on Boylston

Our first night in Boston we took a walk from the Prudential Center up Boylston to Copley Square. Almost as soon as we hit the street, I was accosted by a tall man with literature, so to speak. I didn't even get a chance to get the obligatory "no thanks" out than he started in on me - apparently for the social injustices of "my people" against "his people". Usually in NYC if you confront the crazy people they back down but this guy wouldn't let up and yelled at me for half a block. Meanwhile my husband was pushing our baby daughter in the stroller and this man walked in front of us - if he'd even started toward her I would honestly have risked my life to attack this guy. Dude, I didn't want your crappy pamphlet and I don't feel for your cause. Get over it!

cruisingbug's Profile Photo
cruisingbug
Mar 31, 2006

Bostonspeak

Bizah - odd
Flahwiz - roses, etc.
Hahpahst - minutes after the hour
Hahwahya? - how are you?
Khakis - what we staht the cah with
Pissah - superb

90 Tremont St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
15 Beacon St, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
1 Court Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
Hotels
161 Devonshire Street, Between Milk & Franklin Streets, Boston, Massachusetts, 02110, United States
Hotels
26 North Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109-1509, United States

Avoid Fruit Market on Freedom Trail

My 7 year old and I were walking on the Freedom Trail and stopped at the fruit market stand on the RIGHT side between Fanuel Hall and Paul Revere's house. I asked the fruit stand guy if I could sample a grape before I bought the bag and he said yes. Then this other middle aged man that worked there started screaming curses that I shouldn't have tried them. I tried to explain that I had permission but he kept ranting and raving. I'm writing this so that I hope if you visit, you'll avoid spending your money here like I did.

kaprel
Aug 30, 2004

Don't be a wiseass

A girl from Boston and a girl from the West coast were seated side by side on an airplane. The girl from Boston, being friendly as usual, politely inquired, "So, where ya from?"

The West coast girl said, "From a place where they know better than to use a preposition at the end of a sentence."

The girl from Boston sat quietly for a moment and then replied: "So, where ya from, b*tch?"

Bostongrrl's Profile Photo
Bostongrrl
Jan 29, 2004

VT Meeting

Wherever you go, check the VT meetings page. You may be there without knowing that VT meeting is taking place just a few blocks away from where you are. As you can see on the picture I did check the meetings page. For more info check Boston meeting page, July 13,2002

Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
Nathalie_B
Dec 20, 2002

Going Ape in Boston?

Careful! These wild gorillas were spotted right outside a main shopping center! They look menacing, don't they?

sophiebeans's Profile Photo
sophiebeans
Jan 06, 2008
Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Gypsystravels

"BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
moiraistyx's Profile Photo

moiraistyx

"IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
garridogal's Profile Photo

garridogal

"Boston in a Nutshell"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"The Perfect Weekend Away City"
BruceDunning's Profile Photo

BruceDunning

"Boston Features the Old and New"

Things to Do Near Boston

King's Chapel

The King's Chapel is one of the many protestant Unitarian Denominational Churches in New England and is part of the Freedom Trail, you can check this area and Chapel too as it lies just in Tremont...

City Hall

The New Boston City hall is just a stone's throw away from the old City Hall Building that was built in 1968 and on the famous brutalist style which was popular during those times (brutalist design...

Granary Burying Ground

I enjoy visiting cemeteries. I think they are beautiful and hold spiritual tranquility. I look at the crypts and headstones and wonder if the deceased have families that live on. I enjoy the beauty of...

Black Heritage Trail

This is a shorter trail than the freedom trail and takes you mainly around the Beacon Hill area which is lovely in itself. There are beautiful mansion houses and millionaire's squares. Excellent and...

Old State House

What a great idea! To use a landmark as also a metro station is genius! The Old State House is one of the oldest public buildings in the United States, built in 1712-1713. It's one of the landmarks...

Old South Meeting House

A den of traitors. Or at least that's how the British would have seen it. This was the dry tinder box for the American Revolution. The locals would meet here for heated debates about the future of the...

Getting to Boston

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Warnings and Dangers. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Warnings and Dangers. Help us improve our info!

Map