Map &

Boston Freedom Trail to Copley Square Walking Tour
From $25.00
Downtown Freedom Trail Walking Tour in Boston
From $15.00

Dealing with locals Tips (8)

Sex, drugs and rock and roll...all in one place

There's a pub in Brockton near the Mall that has everything...prostitution, drugs dealers, strippers and some of the seediest people in the Boston area...even with the Police at the door (it's Brockton). As long as the manager doesn't see it, anything goes.

I'd avoid it for safety sake. I accidently visited it on the way to the Cape.

Mar 27, 2016

boston towns

people have made up all kinds of names for towns in boston. theres murderpan/mattapan which not a lot of people call it. dot/dorchester. westie/west roxbury. southie/south boston. eastie/east boston there is no nothend or west end or est end. Dorchester ave is called dot ave. massachusetts ave is called Mass. Ave and there is also Comm. Ave.

Apr 04, 2011

Being Accosted on Boylston

Our first night in Boston we took a walk from the Prudential Center up Boylston to Copley Square. Almost as soon as we hit the street, I was accosted by a tall man with literature, so to speak. I didn't even get a chance to get the obligatory "no thanks" out than he started in on me - apparently for the social injustices of "my people" against "his people". Usually in NYC if you confront the crazy people they back down but this guy wouldn't let up and yelled at me for half a block. Meanwhile my husband was pushing our baby daughter in the stroller and this man walked in front of us - if he'd even started toward her I would honestly have risked my life to attack this guy. Dude, I didn't want your crappy pamphlet and I don't feel for your cause. Get over it!

cruisingbug's Profile Photo
Mar 31, 2006

Bizah - odd
Flahwiz - roses, etc.
Hahpahst - minutes after the hour
Hahwahya? - how are you?
Khakis - what we staht the cah with
Pissah - superb

60 School Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
90 Tremont St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
15 Beacon St, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
1 Court Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
161 Devonshire Street, Between Milk & Franklin Streets, Boston, Massachusetts, 02110, United States
26 North Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109-1509, United States

Avoid Fruit Market on Freedom Trail

My 7 year old and I were walking on the Freedom Trail and stopped at the fruit market stand on the RIGHT side between Fanuel Hall and Paul Revere's house. I asked the fruit stand guy if I could sample a grape before I bought the bag and he said yes. Then this other middle aged man that worked there started screaming curses that I shouldn't have tried them. I tried to explain that I had permission but he kept ranting and raving. I'm writing this so that I hope if you visit, you'll avoid spending your money here like I did.

Aug 30, 2004

Don't be a wiseass

A girl from Boston and a girl from the West coast were seated side by side on an airplane. The girl from Boston, being friendly as usual, politely inquired, "So, where ya from?"

The West coast girl said, "From a place where they know better than to use a preposition at the end of a sentence."

The girl from Boston sat quietly for a moment and then replied: "So, where ya from, b*tch?"

Bostongrrl's Profile Photo
Jan 29, 2004

VT Meeting

Wherever you go, check the VT meetings page. You may be there without knowing that VT meeting is taking place just a few blocks away from where you are. As you can see on the picture I did check the meetings page. For more info check Boston meeting page, July 13,2002

Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
Dec 20, 2002

Going Ape in Boston?

Careful! These wild gorillas were spotted right outside a main shopping center! They look menacing, don't they?

sophiebeans's Profile Photo
Jan 06, 2008
Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

moiraistyx's Profile Photo

garridogal's Profile Photo

"Boston in a Nutshell"
cjg1's Profile Photo

"The Perfect Weekend Away City"
BruceDunning's Profile Photo

"Boston Features the Old and New"

Things To Do Near Boston

King's Chapel

The King's Chapel is one of the many protestant Unitarian Denominational Churches in New England and is part of the Freedom Trail, you can check this area and Chapel too as it lies just in Tremont...

City Hall

The New Boston City hall is just a stone's throw away from the old City Hall Building that was built in 1968 and on the famous brutalist style which was popular during those times (brutalist design...

Granary Burying Ground

I enjoy visiting cemeteries. I think they are beautiful and hold spiritual tranquility. I look at the crypts and headstones and wonder if the deceased have families that live on. I enjoy the beauty of...

Black Heritage Trail

This is a shorter trail than the freedom trail and takes you mainly around the Beacon Hill area which is lovely in itself. There are beautiful mansion houses and millionaire's squares. Excellent and...

Old State House

What a great idea! To use a landmark as also a metro station is genius! The Old State House is one of the oldest public buildings in the United States, built in 1712-1713. It's one of the landmarks...

Old South Meeting House

A den of traitors. Or at least that's how the British would have seen it. This was the dry tinder box for the American Revolution. The locals would meet here for heated debates about the future of the...

Getting to Boston

We don't yet have an address for this Warnings and Dangers. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Warnings and Dangers. Help us improve our info!