Springfield Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Springfield

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Storrowton Tavern: An Excellent Lunch

by cjg1 Updated Jun 4, 2012

My wife and I chose to have a late lunch here at the Storrowton Tavern after visiting the Yankee Candle Factory in Deerfield. We had heard good things of the restaurant and were eager to satisfy our hunger.

The Tavern is located on the property of the Storrowton Village Museum. The Tavern itself is a historic building, The Atkinson Tavern and was built in the late 1700's. We arrived in the rain and we glad to enter the warm interior of the restaurant. The host sat us at a nice table for two in the dining room and handed us menus. Our waiter came to the table shortly thereafter for our drink order.

The menu consisted of a assortment of soups, salad, appetizers, chicken, burgers, fish, beef and vegetarian options. My eyes automatically went to the Chicken Pot Pie; my decision was made right there. Apparently the pie was rather popular as our waiter told me he alone had sold eight of them that day. My wife chose the Cheeseburger Special with fries. As we sat at the table we were able to take in the beautiful antiques in the room; the hard wood floors and walls as well and the tiled fireplace. The warmth from the fireplace was a welcome relief to the damp, cold misery that was outside.

Our food arrived about fifteen minutes later, steaming hot. My pot pie looked excellent in a large bowl with a flaky pastry top. I immediately dug into it and loved it upon first bite. My wife enjoyed her burger and remarked it is the best one she has had in months. Needless to say I cleaned my plate of the pot pie and was feeling very full. Dessert sadly was not an option since we were both feeling very full.

We were both very happy we chose to come here. The food was excellent and we loved the atmosphere. I can not wait to return here again for another meal; hopefully in better weather.

Address: 1305 Memorial Avenue

Phone: 413.732.4188

Chicken Pot Pie Enjoying Lunch 6/2/12 Cheeseburger & Fries

• cjg1's Profile Photo

L'Uva (Closed): Good food and Idine

by cjg1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

L’Uva is one of those special finds. Billed as “Creative American” they have a wide range of options with each being better than the last.

Favorite Dish: I had what I must say is the best lamb dish of my life. Appearing on the menu as Honey and Maple Basted Lamb it came with grilled zucchini and mashed potatoes that seemed to be made from small red potatoes. The lamb itself, which I ordered cooked “chef’s choice”, was cut in slices about a centimeter thick that were all stood on end around the mountain of mashed and greens in the center of the plate. Each and every bite was amazing.

For starters we had the fresh mozzarella and dough. Turned out this was a small thin crust pizza that was fantastic. I added to this a scoop of the red roasted pepper sauce from the bread plate for an added kick.

Finally, to wrap up our meal we ordered two desserts. They were the crème brulee which has been described as an “orgasm on a spoon” and also the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. The apple crisp is the only thing I found that was merely great and not mind blowingly great.

Address: 1676-1680 Main Street

Phone: 413 734 1010

• Rusket's Profile Photo

Mandarin Wok: Great chinese food!

by Rusket Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nice little mandarin restaurant with good service. Eat in or take away.

Opening hours:
    Monday - thursday: 11:00 am - 10:30 pm
    Friday - saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
    Sunday: 12:00 - 10:00 pm

The picture shows a taco place in the same area, which we did not try.

Favorite Dish: A very good and cheap lunch buffet. 10$ for the two of us, including softdrinks and dessert! I hate sweet-sour, and this was not :-)

Address: 874 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield

Directions: Across Connecticut river and a couple of kilometers along Memorial Avenue.

Phone: (413) 746-8500

Memorial Avenue, West Springfield

• hangzhoulover's Profile Photo

Rice: "Fine Chinese Cuisine & Sushi Bar"

by hangzhoulover Written Jan 6, 2005

Eat in, take out, or delivery. Chinese or Japanese. There are plenty of options here at Rice.
    This is a new Chinese/Japanese restaurant that opened in the same location as several previous Chinese and, more recently, another Chinese/Japanese combo restaurant. I think the frequent changes in ownership are due to this location having a lot of competition from other restaurants, including other Chinese restaurants. But hopefully Rice will last, because its reasonable prices and good food will keep me coming back for more. They also serve wine and beer.

Favorite Dish: Prices are typical for Chinese and Japanese food. You can get a California roll for under $4, Terriyaki (with rice, soup, salad) from $10-15, soup for under $2, and most Chinese dishes for under $10. There are also family combination dinners that make this a nice place to go with a crowd. There are both Chinese and Japanese lunch combos for under $10 (the Chinese ones are under $6).

Overall, I think the trend of combining Chinese and Japanese food under one roof is great. "Purists" might scoff at the idea of their sushi being prepared by a Chinese person, but that is pretty racist.
    For me, I love being able to order a maki roll with my wonton soup! And it is a great place when you are with friends who like different things, because there is a better variety of food than at a Chinese or Japanese restaurant alone.

As for dishes, the beef teriyaki was a nice choice and quite filling. Their gyoza were very tasty, and their california roll quite good.

Address: 1168 Boston Road, Springfield MA 01119

Directions: On Boston Road, in between Circuit City (Parker St.) and Walmart, close to Auto parts store

Phone: 413-782-3133/3134

• Business Travel

• hangzhoulover's Profile Photo

Foody Goody Super Buffet: Called Super Buffet 4 a Reason-Great Chinese Food

by hangzhoulover Updated Dec 17, 2004

A Great place to escape the cold.

You can warm yourself up here with some hot and sour soup if you've been brave enough to trod through the snow to shop on Boston Road. Kitchy, cute atmosphere and tons of food to choose from, Foody Goody Super Buffet on Boston Road is a must-stop sight for hungry travellers. It is also very affordable, so I spent a lot of time here when I was working in Springfield.

Favorite Dish: Crab legs!!! They serve them at dinner time. This is the reason I first started coming here, and one reason I kept going back. I also like the dumplings. With so many dishes to choose from, you're bound to find one you love too. Price is cheaper at lunch time, and more expensive at dinner and weekends. There is also more seafood at dinner and weekends.

Address: 1714 Boston Road, Springfield, MA 01129

Directions: Across from Eastfield Mall, in shopping plaza near Toys R Us and Circuit City. Close to Wilbraham Road. Can't miss it.

Phone: (413) 543-3333

Disco? Nope, Super Chinese Buffet.

Instant Answers: Springfield

Springfield Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Springfield restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Springfield sightseeing.