Bozeman Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Dymphna1
    View from the street
    by flynboxes
    Sorry no room for desert
    by flynboxes

Most Recent Restaurants in Bozeman

Copper Whiskey: Cool Underground Whiskey Bar

by jmpncsu Written Feb 8, 2016

I had dinner at Copper Whiskey with colleagues from work one evening in Bozeman. The bar is right in downtown, located underneath the Asian Bistro and so has a cool, "speakeasy" atmosphere. Service was very good - our waitress was very attentive to our group, kept our drinks filled, and brought everything out to our table quickly. I'm not a big fan of whiskey, so I didn't try any, but they sure had a huge selection of various whiskeys, scotches, bourbons, etc. In addition to all the whiskey, they also have beer, wine, and liquor - I had some local craft beer. The food is what you would expect - steaks, burgers, bison, ribs, etc. I had a rodeo burger and it was very good. I also liked the garlic fries. Overall, a good dining experience and I would eat here again next time I'm in Bozeman. I might even try out some of their whiskeys!

Address: 101 E. Main, Bozeman, MT59715

Phone: (406) 404-1700

Website: http://coppermontana.com/

Plonk: Cool Wine Bar in Downtown Bozeman

by jmpncsu Written Feb 4, 2016

I had dinner one evening at Plonk with colleagues while traveling in Bozeman for work. Overall, it was a very good dining experience. The service was great. Our waitress did a phenomenal job of taking care of us. The restaurant was pretty busy, but she still did a great job of waiting on us, refilling water, pouring wine, offering suggestions, and answering any questions we had. I had bison tenderloin for dinner and it was very good. I like bison, but it's hard to find on the east coast so I was glad to be able to have it while in Montana. For an appetizer, we got a cheese plate and for dessert we had a sampler plate and everything was good. They had a jazz band playing while we there, which made for a nice atmosphere. The prices are a little on the expensive side, but the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere makes it worth it. It's also a good location right on the Main Street in downtown Bozeman.

Address: 29 East Main Street Bozeman, MT 59715

Phone: 406.587.2170

Website: http://plonkwine.com/

• Wine Tasting

Bridger Brewing: Good Pizza & Beer

by jmpncsu Updated Feb 3, 2016

Bridger Brewing is a brewpub in downtown Bozeman, right by the Montana State University campus. I visited here with colleagues while traveling in Bozeman for business. Parking can be tricky so close to campus and the place was packed when we visited. They have a number of beers brewed on site as well as pizza and a few other food menu items. There was quite a selection of pizzas with some unique toppings (fig jam). I wasn't feeling brave and just had a Margherita and it was very good - thin crust pizza with a lot of garlic. If you don't like garlic, you probably won't like the pizza here. The beer was pretty good, I had an IPA. Not the best craft beer I've had, but not Miller either. Our waitress was great. She came by frequently to check on us and bring more drinks and the service was pretty quick, despite the restaurant being packed. She also suggested that the 14-inch pizzas are big and more than what one person can eat. She was right - I could barely finish the 10-inch. Overall, it was a good dining experience and I'd eat here again when in Bozeman.

Address: 1609 S. 11th Avenue Bozeman, MT 59715

Directions: In the Town & Country complex, across from Brick Breeden Fieldhouse

Phone: 1609 S. 11th Avenue Bozeman, MT

Website: http://www.bridgerbrewing.com/

• Beer Tasting

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Fie Guys Burgers and Fries: It has character

by Dymphna1 Written Jan 6, 2016

As you walk in there are peanut shells everywhere. There are sacks of potatoes for sale, Idaho Potatoes. There are large containers of peanut oil for sale. They use peanut oil in the deep fat fryer as it is much better for you than vegetable oil. I had the cheese dog and a milk shake. Both were very good. I asked them if they could mix the flavors for the milkshake and they were able to do that, so I was able to have a chocolate coffee milkshake.

Address: 2855 N 19th Ave

Phone: 406-586-9395

Website: http://www.fiveguys.com

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

I bit of Italy in America: Blackbird Kitchen

by flynboxes Written Mar 29, 2014

Here's a tip...want a good meal? Ask a chef. The Chefs we were working with on this trip recommended this place. They were spot on...this place has a brick oven that fires the pies at night and the bread in the morning. The staff is great and you can sit at the bar around the open kitchen or at a table in front by the windows/front door. This is not a big place but it is comfortable. Thirsty for a beer or a glass of vino....just ask and they will set you up

Favorite Dish: Anything on menu. I had some olives and a pizza which reminded me of......

Address: 140 East Main St.

Directions: On Main St along with all the other bars and eateries in town

Phone: 406 586-0010

Website: http://www.blackbirdkitchen.com/

Pizza like they make it in Italy.... View from the street Sorry no room for desert Where my pizza came from.....
    • Photography
    • Skiing and Boarding

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Burger Bob's: Burger and a beer

by Dymphna1 Updated Dec 13, 2013

There is a game on as you eat a great burger. The young people gather here and is a favorite place in Bozeman.

They are attached to the bar next door, so you can have a family atmosphere, but still get a beer for parents. The beer on tap is a local brewery called Bozone - excellent beer.

Favorite Dish: I had the steak sandwich, it was really good and the cooked it right.

Address: 39 W Main St

Directions: Near the Baxter Hotel

Phone: (406) 585-0080

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Montana Ale Works: Large brew house feel

by RickinDutch Written Aug 24, 2011

A friend had recommended the Montana Ale Works and we enjoyed a pleasant dinner there. A very popular spot judging by how long we waited for a table. A large menu and a vast array of both locally brewed beers and domestic and imports.
    We were pretty tired by the time we sat down after driving to/around and from yellowstone in a day so we ate lightly. Bison Burger and a glass of red wine for me. Both quite good.

Address: 611 E Main St

Phone: 460 587-7700

Montana Ale Works Grandson loves to take close ups with my IPhone

• EllenH's Profile Photo

The Pickle barrel: Voted best sandwich in Bozeman 6 years straight

by EllenH Updated Aug 30, 2010

Two locations in Bozeman, one on college ave right across from the university, the other in the Rocking R bar downtown Bozeman. The college ave. one is the one we went to, it is built into an old house and has outdoor seating. It is extremely busy. The 1/2 of cheese steak sub that me and my husband split was still too much food, I mean the portions are HUGE. My son works here too so that makes it special to me.
    UPDATE the rocking r bar blew up in the explosion so that location is no longer available, and if you go to the university location say hi to Kyle Or Robyn. Tell them Ellen from vt sent you.

Favorite Dish: We had a BBQ cheese steak sub and it was delicious. The cold subs looked great too, full of vegetables.

Address: 809 West College, Bozeman

Directions: across from MSU

Phone: 406- 587-2411

Website: http://www.picklebarrelmt.com/aboutus.html

• chellibean's Profile Photo

Pickle Barrel: My "Must Have"when in town

by chellibean Written Sep 19, 2009

The "whole in the wall place that has amazing food" of Bozeman. This is a must have for me and my family. I was not allowed in the house when home visiting from school unless I had a Cheese Steak for my family.

They server some of the biggest sandwiches I've ever eaten, and they taste good too. Pickle Barrel has had the same menu since they opened in the 70's, with maybe one or two changes - price!

Located across the street from the University, it's a favorite among the students and faculty.

Favorite Dish: The best thing they serve there is the Cheese Steak sandwiches. While I really like their cold sandwiches, the hot ones are the top sellers and my personal favorites.

Address: 809 W College St

Directions: Right across the street from the Johnstone Mullan dorms on Campus.

Phone: 406.587.2411

Website: http://picklebarrelmt.com

• chellibean's Profile Photo

Cateye Cafe: Best Breakfast in Town

by chellibean Written Sep 19, 2009

I believe they serve lunch and maybe dinner here as well, but I've only ever been here for breakfast. I don't normally enjoy breakfast foods, but I will gladly eat everything on my plate from Cateye. Their Croissant french toast is to die for. Yes, croissant french toast. Yumm. They have a wide variety of omlettes to choose from and all that I've had were delicious.

Favorite Dish: If I am here, croissant french toast is going to be asked for.

Address: 23 N Tracy Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715

Directions: On Tracy, just off Main St.

Phone: 406.587.8844

Website: http://cateyecafe.com

Ted's Montana Grill: Something New

by cpiers47 Written Jun 24, 2009

This restaurant opened in 2008...and is definitely worth a stop. The steak and bison burgers have earned it a solid reputation and the dark wood and slughtly posh interior make it a bit unique for Bozeman. I would say that the Downtown has been needing a steakhouse and this seems to fit the bill. Yes, it's owned by Ted Turner, yes the prices are a little higher than some other places. But, it's not outrageous, nor is it a shrine to the TV mogul. So, enjoy.

Favorite Dish: Oh, the margeritas. Buy one. Enjoy. Repeat.

I'm a big fan of sitting outside on a nice day and watching the eclectic population of Bozeman parade by.

Also, check out the Baxter Wine Bar and the Bacchus Pub - they share a common entry and lobby. La Chatelaine Chocolaterie has a stand there during the day. That's also worth a stop - but the store has (ahem, will have) its own tip here.

Address: 105 West Main Street

Directions: Next to the Bacchus Pub in the old Baxter Hotel

Phone: 406-587-6000

Website: http://tedsmontanagrill.com

3rd Floor: Amazing Pizza

by cpiers47 Written Jun 15, 2009

* As of June 2009, the owner - Jon - was serving pizza out of Wild Joe's Coffee House on Main Street. To my knowledge, his storefront is still open. But, call ahead to make sure this is true in the future.

This little storefront produces arguably the best pizza in Bozeman. Jon's a New Yorker who ran the pizzeria out of his apartment until he was ... (ahem)...told not to by certain officials. The pizzas are even better than the history!

Favorite Dish: Try everything. Even the basics are unique thanks to the sourdough crust. My favorite has sausage and onions...and the Greek is amazing as well.

Address: 1104 E Main

Directions: Past the 360 Pet Hospital.

Phone: 406-595-1005

John Bozeman's Bistro: Almost Everyday Treat

by cpiers47 Written Jun 15, 2009

The Bistro has a reputation for being upscale and expensive. It is definitely quality - but it's not as expensive as its reputation suggests. The staff are friendly and very helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed.

I would highly recommend this for a night out. Perhaps it's a small stretch the budget, but a quick glance at the menu shows that you can enjoy a nice dinner here for well under $100.

Favorite Dish: The fried calamari was fantastic - absolutely wonderful for a basic appetizer that can be only average. We loved the seared ahi salad and the Thai noodle bowl. The wine selection is also fantastic with a number of very reasonable choices.

Address: 125 West Main

Directions: Next to Schnee's Shoes

Phone: 406-587-4100

Website: http://www.johnbozemansbistro.com

the Naked Noodle: A Funky Hangout

by cpiers47 Written May 2, 2009

There are plenty of options listed on the crowded blackboards in this Bozeman staple. You order, pay, and wait for your food, which can be made to-go as well. The tables are purple, with a vintage feel. At the end, you bus your own table, and can make use of the stacks of to-go boxes.

It's definitely a college hangout and feels like a cafe. But, in a good way. The food is fun, with lots of options. The prices are fine, but not dirt cheap.

Favorite Dish: I wish I could say that I've tried everything on the menu, but I haven't even come close. The Zorba the Geek (no, not a typo) is my favorite: penne with kalamata olives, spinach, artichoke hearts and a white wine sauce.

One of the treats of the Naked Noodle is that you can add toppings to any order. I add feta and swoon over the fried spinach.

Address: 27 S Willson Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715

Directions: Downtown Bozeman, south of Main Street

Phone: (406) 585-4501

Zorba the Geek!

I-Ho's Korean Grill: Out of the Way Treat

by cpiers47 Written Jan 18, 2009

This little restaurant is a no-frills place but neatly kept. The draw is the food, well-priced to be a study break for your average Montana State University student. In a town where there are few genuinely ethnic options, this is a very nice break from the steakhouses and chains.

Favorite Dish: I absolutely love the yaki soba noodles (noodles with vegetables if you're getting a combo). Definitely put the sauce over them. They're so popular that they're even sold at the Co-op downtown labeled as "I Ho's Noodles."

The Bul Go Gi Bob (tender beef) is very good as well. The combos give you a chance to try a few different things and are under $10. A meal is slightly more, but know that a combo is going to be plenty of food! I also like the Kim Chi here - it's spicy but not overly so.

I've had the sushi ... but much prefer Dave's.

Address: 1216 W Lincoln

Directions: I-Ho's is on the campus of MSU, which puts it out of easy walking distance of the downtown. It's near the Campus Square Movie Theatre and the Fieldhouse.

Phone: 406 522 0949

Instant Answers: Bozeman

Comments

Bozeman Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bozeman restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bozeman sightseeing.