Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

The Pop Culture Walking Tour of Fremont Street
"On this small-group tour you will discover one of the most famous streets in Las Vegas - Fremont Street. Before there was the Strip Las Vegas centered around this infamous street which in 1905 became the first paved road in Las Vegas. How times have changed!Your tour guide will take you through 10 historic blocks and 12 iconic stops including the famous Neon Cowboy and several historic casinos. You can count on seeing a lively streetsc"""The Pop Culture Walking Tour of Fremont Street celebrates Las Vegas as America’s outdoor museum of popular culture. This small-group tour is the city's most original 90-minute walking tour of downtown filled with history and architecture. Your local savvy guide will share their entertaining stories about historic Glitter Gulch
From $30.00

Downtown and Fremont Street History Walking Tour
"Your 2-hour walking tour begins when you meet your guide on the famed Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. Located in the heart of downtown’s Casino Corridor Fremont Street can be spotted in famous Las Vegas photos and film scenes.On this 1.5-mile (2.5-km) tour you’re also bound to learn things you didn’t even imagine existed off the Strip let alone Las Vegas. Discover the joys of randomness found in this part of town: a piece of the Berlin Wall in a men’s bathroom a 19th-century chandelier from the San Francisco Opera House and 1870s street lamps from Brussels.Check out where Old Blue Eyes and the rest of the Rat Pack used to hang out and walk under the Fremont Street Experience’s canopy of lights in a ped the Golden Gate and Binion's and snap a photo of the quirkiest wedding chapel in town. You might even spot Pawn Stars’ toy appraiser Johnny Jimenez
From $35.00

Las Vegas Segway Tour: South Fremont Street
"Your 2-hour Fremont Street Segway tour begins with pickup at your Las Vegas hotel. After you check at the starting location your guide will give you a brief orientation so that you can use your Segway safely and easily. Get acquainted with your fun ride and then hit Fremont Street with your guide. You have two options for areas to explore.Coast through South Fremont S seen on Pawn Starsand Rick’s Restorations seen on American Restoration. Hit up some of the same locations included in the North Fremont Street tour — because they’re just too popular to miss — such as the Downtown Container Park and the Charleston Art District.""""There are many ways to see Las Vegas
From $129.00

Vegas Vibes Tips (39)

General tips

Favorite thing Value is what Las Vegas offers. From low hotels rates, to fine dining (top chefs work in Vegas restaurants), to cheap and filling breakfast. Plus, walk from hotel to hotel. Not only they are very interesting to see, all so differently themed, but you can often find a great music show which you can watch for free, while sipping a beer or a daiquiri.
Get information before you go and you will save some money and have a great vacation. There are plenty of free shows, plenty of huge breakfasts below $ 5, and remember if you are gambling to ask the cashier for the Player's Card. That card will give you comps (short for complimentaries) based on how much you play. Comps can be reedemed toward meals, shows, and hotel rooms discounts.

Fondest memory Honestly the best memory is when the last night I hit the roulette table at the Venetian big time.
Seriously, there are plenty of things to do, and to see in Vegas. It would be a long list.

Refosco
Jun 24, 2004

Everthing is huge and nothing is subtle!

Favorite thing The tacky, glitzy enormity of it all! It is absolutely amazing to see the human characters as well -- from the red leather mini-skirted "business-girl", to the elegant folks wearing designer clothes, to the folks wearing t-shirts that say things your mother would blush at [sometimes even you!]

Fondest memory People-watching

shrimp56's Profile Photo
shrimp56
May 31, 2004

Children and Las Vegas DO mix

Favorite thing There are lots of things for kids to do, and as with most things in Las Vegas, many of them are for free. In particular, pools can be super fun (but remember to Slop! Slap! Slop! to avoid the sun burn)

Fondest memory My daughter's favorite thing about Las Vegas is the BUFFETS. She loves seeing the food before selecting it, being about to choose her own portions and going back for more when she finds something she likes. Brunch is her particular favourite!

Emmjai's Profile Photo
Emmjai
Jun 04, 2003

A Town of Suspended Reality!

Favorite thing Each year bigger and more spectacular hotels and casinos pop up, drawing the crowds on The Strip but I still like spending time "Downtown."

Don't miss the $1,000,000.00 on display at Binion's Horseshoe .

Located downtown.

Fondest memory My first trip to Las Vegas and my first view of one million dollars!!

That was so long ago. :-)

lmkluque's Profile Photo
lmkluque
Dec 21, 2012

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Las Vegas

651 East Ogden Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
129 N. 8th St., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
Hotels
200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
12 Ogden Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

Gambling isn't the only thing in Vegas.

Favorite thing I'm not a big gambler but I always find my way back to Vegas once to twice a year. I don't know what it is about this city but it's addicting! If you can pull yourself away from the tables and slot machines be sure to see what else Vegas has to offer.

Be sure to check out my other pages for Vegas. There's so much to do and see!!!

Fondest memory All of the INTERESTING people you see and meet in Vegas. WHAT A TOWN!

crzymallard's Profile Photo
crzymallard
Nov 11, 2002

Just a city

Favorite thing Las Vegas is a city of lights, music, gambling and more. It is my home.

It takes many many people to keep Vegas running and to keep the tourist happy and coming back for more.

There is more to Vegas than just the strip, we have parks, movie theaters and grocery stores just like any other major city in America.

Take a day or even a few hours off from the casinos and take a look around our fine city.

TinKan's Profile Photo
TinKan
Jan 13, 2003

Roller Coasters

Favorite thing We rode the roller coaster at New York New York and the ones at the Stratoshpere.
The New York New York Coaster was really great! It's very fast and jerky so if this is a problem for you it might not be a good idea, but other wise its a great coaster.
The Statoshpere has 3 rides on the top. We went on 2 of them - The Big Shot and the X Scream. The Big shot was the better of the 2 but both were good. The anticipation for the X Scream is worse than the actual ride :). There is information about prices and descriptions of the rides on their web site - http://www.stratospherehotel.com

Hedgehogs
Feb 11, 2004

Historical Photography

Favorite thing Inside Fry's Electronics way up along the top of the store walls in the front and back of the store are these huge fantastic historical photo's of the history of Las Vegas. These caught my immediate attention and I thought they are awesome. Even if you don't come in here to shop, at least make the time to check them out.

6845 Las Vegas Blvd S Las Vegas, NV 89115
(702) 932-1400

Yaqui's Profile Photo
Yaqui
Jan 11, 2014

Top 5 Las Vegas Writers

Yaqui's Profile Photo

Yaqui

"Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

joiwatani

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
goingsolo's Profile Photo

goingsolo

"A tourists view of Las Vegas"
kris-t's Profile Photo

kris-t

"Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
doug48's Profile Photo

doug48

"las vegas"
View Member

what happens in vegas...stays in vegas

Favorite thing Las vegas is fake. Pretend. A weird amusement park for adults. I suppose this gives people a freedom to do whatever they want, be whatever they want ect.. I mean they rent Lamborghini's on the strip, you could be a rock star for a day! Something to be aware of, take adventage of.....or not.

Fondest memory my fondest memory of vegas..was really just being there with my boyfriend...sappy I know, but true

kazander's Profile Photo

7. Bellagio
8. Venetian
9. Luxor
10. Palms

Most of the pools are for hotel/resort guests only. However, check with the hotel/resort to see if they allow non-guests in for a fee.

virtualpatrick's Profile Photo
virtualpatrick
Sep 02, 2003

Wander and Gawk

Favorite thing Of all the places I've been, this is the one place where I was totally comfortable being a wide-eyed tourist. So go ahead -- look, stare, GAWK! Point. Laugh. Take a picture. Take another one. Turn around and gawk some more.

Fondest memory My best memory is spending my wedding anniversary sampling the tastes, sounds, and sights of Vegas.

soccergrrl's Profile Photo
soccergrrl
May 29, 2003

The inhabitants of Las Vegas...

Favorite thing The inhabitants of Las Vegas are all very friendly and make jokes. I liked that. We stayed almost the whole night, because when you are on the strip, even if you do not gamble you enjoy this fairy tale!

Fondest memory Everything that is so glittery, that is does not like real. For one night (or more) you think life on earth is just fun, music, dancing and drinking.
But the next morning you remember the naked truth. For me specially it was a great coming back to earth, because I was partying on the 10th september and we all know what happened the next day. So you see, go there and forget your sorrow in Las Vegas.

uffmann's Profile Photo
uffmann
Sep 12, 2002

Things to Do Near Las Vegas

The Neon Sign Museum

The Neon Musuem doesn't just consist of historical neon signs, but there is something else that is very special. The visitor center once was the La Concha Motel lobby, Mid-Century modern design...

Las Vegas Natural History Museum

Also in Las Vegas you can see some very interestings Museums.This is a picture taken at Natural History Museum. Others good museums are: Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Houdini's Museum. The Tomb and...

Fremont Street Experience

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band...

The Golden Gate Hotel

I love to head to The Golden Gate for their $.99 shrimp cocktail, which they have been serving since 1959. By 1991 they served a whopping total of 25 million! -OR- You could really splurge and...

Weddings

After 20 years of marriage we decided to get our vows renewed on our holiday to Vegas in July. We chose the Elvis - Burning Love package at the Wee Kirk and we chose well! It was such a lovely...

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

We went during late June in 2014, myself and my family. I will say that overall I was pleased with the experience and the view from up above will make you forget about the costs and the inconvenience...

Getting to Las Vegas

Address

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!

Map