Map &

Las Vegas Segway Tour: South Fremont Street
From $129.00
The Pop Culture Walking Tour of Fremont Street
From $30.00

Comfortable Shoes Tips (25)

Comfortable shoes & Your Memory catcher -Camera

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Make sure you always bring comfortable clothes according to the weather. Shorts and a short sleeve tops are in order when its hot. You don't want sunburn. Also, bring some comfortable shoes, unless your willing to drive to each of your destinations. We always walk because it is easier and safer. So bring tennis shoes, comfortable pair of sandlas, or whatever you prefer. Just make sure they fit properly and are not new.

Photo Equipment You gotta bring a camera. If you don't have one, buy a disposable. They work great and are well worth the money.

Yaqui's Profile Photo
Jun 24, 2008

Comfy shoes meet happy feet

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear You may notice a theme with advice to bring comfy shoes - well, we're all onto something. Las Vegas is not the place to break in your cute Jimmy Choo sandals ... if you plan to do *any* walking, please bring already broken in shoes you know are comfortable.

I spent a good portion of my time in sneakers (which says a lot because I'm not really a sneaker sort of gal) and my broken-in sandals.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies It may be wise to bring some Bandaids in the event you get some blisters from all the walking you do.

Photo Equipment Bring lots of film or if you have a digital camera, make sure you have a large enough memory card for all the pictures you're going to take!

ErinInMD's Profile Photo
Apr 11, 2004

Comfort is a must

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Yes this is a glitzy place but that doesnt mean you have to dress that way. Even at night in the casinos people wear whatever, shorts, jeans, dress up, the choice is yours, you will not feel out of place whatever you wear.
Most importantly though is your feet. I thought its just a road called the Strip. Well yes in theory it is, but walking through one hotel can be like a marathon in itself. You will walk and walk and walk, so comfy shoes is a definite must.

bugalugs's Profile Photo
Jul 24, 2005

Be prepared to Walk,Walk,Walk!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear You have no idea how much walking you will be doing in Las Vegas. Everytime I go I surprise myself how far I can walk before I get overly tired.
Bring a pair of tennis shoes or any type of comfortable shoe that will allow you to walk for hours because that's exactly what you are going to do!

Court94403's Profile Photo
Jan 05, 2010
Sponsored Listings

Hotels in Las Vegas

651 East Ogden Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
129 N. 8th St., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
12 Ogden Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

Comfy shoes

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear It's obvious that you need your mostly comfortable shoes in Vegas, but because the elevation is around 2,030 ft (620 m) above sea level and feet could swell I'll recomend to have a pair which 0.5 - 1 size bigger than you really need. My mostly comfy and soft shoes did not work for me, my feet started to kill me after 4-5 hrs of walking...

kris-t's Profile Photo
Dec 09, 2012

Like spirits?

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear My biggest call out is to bring a comfortable...and I mean COMFORTABLE pair of shoes if you're planning on walking around. The strip is deceptive. You always think you are closer to your destination than you really are. Your feet will be swollen by the end of your day if you attempt the walk in any sort of heel/wedge/sandals.

Also, be sure to monitor the weather a few weeks prior to your trip. Las Vegas is notorious for random weather changes. I have gotten caught in flash floods, snow storms, wind storms, and 105 degree temperatures!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Most of the hotels provide you with a blow dryer and bathroom toiletries. (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bar soap, and body lotion) I usually bring my makeup, tweezers, fragrance, band-aids, and aspirin. Cotton rounds and Q-tips are sometimes provided as well.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear HAT!

Miscellaneous If you don't care for the diluted drinks your cocktail waitress is serving then I highly suggest buying your own bottle of liquor outside of Las Vegas. Any store/gift shop that serves alcohol marks their prices up 1000%!!

Weaslebeee's Profile Photo
Jun 02, 2011

Packing List

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Bring good walking shoes as Vegas is huge. And to see the glitz and lights, you'll need to walk (even if you are in the casino itself)!

You may also like to include a suit or gown for the more formal outings like the night entertainment shows. Of course, you can also buy them all in Vegas, shopping is great here!

Photo Equipment Zoom and wide-angle lens for all kinds of sceneries. Fast speed films also advisable for night scenes.

Sharrie's Profile Photo
Jan 22, 2003

Luggage and bags If you're going to do any hiking at all, even short walks in any of the surrounding desert, be sure to bring a backpack or other easy-to-carry sack. You'll want to bring along water, sunblock, and possible snacks -- cuz there ain't nuthin' around the desert but more desert.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Comfort is the key word in Vegas. We saw few people really "dressed up" except for the ones getting married. If you'll be walking or hiking in the deserts, bring sturdy shoes with grippy soles (for scrambling over rocks). Even if you'll just be strolling the strip or walking from slot machine to blackjack table, you'll want comfortable shoes.

Photo Equipment Bring lots of film and/or digital media -- there is a lot of freaky $h!t to photograph. :-) Keep in mind that you'll need special film or a camera with special settings in order to really capture the night lights of the Strip.

Miscellaneous Sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses are necessities. Also, the desert breeze can kick up and really cool things down, especially at night, so bring a jacket or sweatshirt.

soccergrrl's Profile Photo
May 30, 2003

Top 5 Las Vegas Writers

Yaqui's Profile Photo

"Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
goingsolo's Profile Photo

"A tourists view of Las Vegas"
kris-t's Profile Photo

"Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
doug48's Profile Photo

"las vegas"

Don't forget......

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Comfortable shoes - cabbing it everywhere can get expensive, so if you want to walk from one casino to the next, wear some decent shoes. The hotels LOOK a lot closer to each other than they are

Also, because they often crank the A/C inside, a lightweight sweater or wrap that you can carry with you will be very good to have. Its no fun to gamble while your teeth are chattering!

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear Most of these places have great pools and the pool is a cheap way to pass the time, so bring your suit along.
Besides, the people watching at the pools in Vegas is PRICELESS

jenn5179's Profile Photo
Jan 18, 2008

Walk the Soles Off Your Shoes

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Don't forget to pack a pair of comfortable sneakers. You'll be doing a lot of walking! Whether it's in and out of the many casinos or shopping at the Premium Outlet stores - you'll want comfortable shoes.

RavensWing's Profile Photo
Jun 11, 2015

Packing List

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear Comfortable shoes for pounding up and down the Strip

Toiletries and Medical Supplies You can buy everything here so don't worry if you forget something. Make sure you bring any prescribed medcine.

Photo Equipment You need some kind of fancy camera to capture the magic of Vegas at night. Mine certainly hasn't been good enough.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear Sun cream and hat as usual

buzzz's Profile Photo
Aug 24, 2002

Packing List

Luggage and bags Luggage with wheels makes life easier. Try to find some way to make your bag distinguishable. Seems that everyone who goes to Vegas has the same kind of luggage. I have tied a bright pink ribbon on my bags so I can spot them quickly at baggage claim.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear A good sturdy pair of sneakers is a must. You will do A LOT of walking. I always bring a sweater because sometimes the air conditioning in some hotels is too strong.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies Definitely bring Alka Seltzer. After stuffing yourself at the buffets and then partaking of free drinks all night in the casino, an antacid is a must. Also, call ahead to your hotel and ask if they have hair dryers in their rooms. Some do and some don't, so it's best to be sure.

Aug 24, 2002

Things To Do in Las Vegas

The Neon Sign Museum

The Neon Musuem doesn't just consist of historical neon signs, but there is something else that is very special. The visitor center once was the La Concha Motel lobby, Mid-Century modern design...

Las Vegas Natural History Museum

Also in Las Vegas you can see some very interestings Museums.This is a picture taken at Natural History Museum. Others good museums are: Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Houdini's Museum. The Tomb and...

Fremont Street Experience

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band...

The Golden Gate Hotel

I love to head to The Golden Gate for their $.99 shrimp cocktail, which they have been serving since 1959. By 1991 they served a whopping total of 25 million! -OR- You could really splurge and...
Things to do

After 20 years of marriage we decided to get our vows renewed on our holiday to Vegas in July. We chose the Elvis - Burning Love package at the Wee Kirk and we chose well! It was such a lovely...

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

We went during late June in 2014, myself and my family. I will say that overall I was pleased with the experience and the view from up above will make you forget about the costs and the inconvenience...

Getting to Las Vegas

We don't yet have an address for this What to Pack. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this What to Pack. Help us improve our info!