Map &

Downtown and Fremont Street History Walking Tour
From $35.00
Las Vegas Segway Tour: South Fremont Street
From $129.00

New York-New York Hotel & Casino Tips (22)

Chin Chin: Chin up

The Chin Chin restaurant at New York New York hotel is on the ground floor between check in and the lifts. This was our only buffet venture at breakfast, not cheap at $14.99.

Service not at all great, we were greeted on arrival, and seated, then our server got us tea and coffee, and asked us to go ahead. He never came back to see if we wanted a refill .

A relatively small area for a buffet was quite busy and did not have the usual cooked breakfast type of options. My first pass was to take a large bowl of nothing but mixed fresh fruit. Thereafter I assembled the (pictured) French toast awith fried potatoes & red pepper, a couple of link sausages and some pretty bad (!) scrambled egg I thought was done with flaked mushroom but was in fact small pieces of char siu pork

Favorite Dish fresh frut was good, French toast OK.

But not cheap, not good service, and not really to our taste, Generous 2 stars from 5 here! Just thinking we shouldn't have gone here for breakfast, lunch and dinner I normally love Chinese

Paisleypaul's Profile Photo
Apr 17, 2011

Il Fornaio: Little Italy New York Style

It was busy on the Sunday evening after the Labour Day September holiday when we dined at il Fornaio, we were staying at New York, New York and it is just past the check in- reception (if you come from the car parking lots). We had starters water and wine and I had an Italian beer, we had mains of swordfish - served as rolls in breadcrumbs resembling croquettes - and butterfly chicken breast with potato roasted in oil.

Good restaurant but the service was just OK not great, the food a bit better, slightly pricey for what we paid but wortha visit. Think there is a discount voucher in the welcome pack you get handed if you are staying at New York New York

Was surprised that Il Fornaio is a chain, about 20 restaurants almost all in California

Favorite Dish The sword fish stood out because it was such an original way to serve this dish

Paisleypaul's Profile Photo
Apr 17, 2011

Nine: Trendy doesn't always mean the best

This loud trendy restaurant was fun to be in, filled with young beautiful people out for an expensive bite or drink before partying the night away in the casinos or at a club. But, it was a bit too loud for any real conversation. And while the food was good, I wouldn't say it was excellent. The most redeeming quality was when we sat in the lounge after dinner and the chef brought us free petite fours of their desserts to try because he liked the way we smiled.

Favorite Dish Hmmm, wouldn't say anything was too die for here. My lobster bisque had a funny taste. My salad I exchanged it for was a salad, nothing special. The bread on the table was good, but not worth noting really. And my steak meal was adequate. Not great, not bad, just an adequately expensive meal. My favorite part of this meal was the Silver Oak Cabernet I drank, and honestly the restaurant had nothing to do with that.

JJBlondie's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Greenberg's Deli: Sandwiches in the NYNY Food Court

Part of the nifty food court in NYNY, this places serves standard deli food - sandwiches with chips and pickles. It's not the biggest or best corned beef I've had, but it was decent for a quick meal. Service was fairly fast, I got my food and back to a table faster than my friends who visited some of the other places in the food court. The prices are a little on the steep side for what you get $7-8 for just the sandwich. While not worth going out of your way for, if you decide to take in quick meal at this end of the strip, this deli should be a consideration. Be sure to try to find a table in the "courtyard" - lots of good people watching while you eat.

Update (2010) - still here. I had another corned beef sandwich. This time, the line was longer than other places in the food court area. No matter - still worth a stop!

Favorite Dish I had the corned beef sanwich. An adequate amount of meat served on ordinary rye. Nothing out of the ordinary, but nothing to complain about either.

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo
Dec 22, 2010
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Las Vegas

651 East Ogden Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
129 N. 8th St., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
12 Ogden Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

Mezzanine level of NY NY: I scream for Ice Cream

At the entrance to the New York Hotel there are stalls and small snack bars selling pretzels, toffee apples and soft drinks. We decided to stop here for ice cream. Plenty of flavours to choose from. There's also a couple of tables in there for if you wanted to eat your ice cream there rather than outside in the hot sunshine.

clueless83's Profile Photo
Mar 12, 2009

Gonzales Gonzales: Noisy Mexican in NY NY

Gonzales Gonzales is located inside the New York New York hotel. It has a Mexican theme and menu. There were seating areas inside the restaurant and "outside". We were placed outside.. It was very noisy due to the casino and the rollercoaster above us. I think the waiter was Mexican because he had an accent. There was some trouble with my ID (because I'm not American and I wanted a beer) and he wouldn't even let me explain to him.. It did work out in the end though, but I'm surprised a tourist spot such as a restaurant inside a Las Vegas Casino are so unfamiliar with ID that's not a American driver's license. I ordered a salad, Portobello Salad I think. It contained salad, not fresh or crispy, just soft and tasteless.. Portobello (apparently a mushroom) .. soggy and not good, and I don't remember anything else cause it was so tasteless.. I think this restaurant was the biggest dissapoinment during our trip to Vegas.

Favorite Dish None.. unfortunately.

glamourprincess's Profile Photo
Jul 16, 2007

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez: Good Mexican Cuisine

This restaurant is in New York New York Hotel & Casino. Great ambience, friendly staff, quick service.

Favorite Dish Great Food, I had a taco salad, more than enough to eat. Bo had ENCHILADAS A LA CASA with chicken, it was very good. For desert we had the Sopapias. Alot of food for the money...Highly recommend!

KaisaL's Profile Photo
Nov 26, 2006

Chin Chin: Asian with an American twist

Chin Chin is an Asian restaurant located inside New York New York. Although I hadn’t gotten the pleasure of trying them for dinner, their daily breakfast buffet is excellent, and it’s only $11.95. I’d like to thank the security guard at the hotel for recommending this, otherwise I’d not have known you could get breakfast here!

Favorite Dish The barbecued pork bits were wonderful, even at breakfast time. Also among my favorites were the hash browns, which were tossed with an Asian vegetable to give it some “spice.” My sister enjoyed the French Toast (which was called 5 spice toast). Unfortunately I was too full to try it!

Top 5 Las Vegas Writers

Yaqui's Profile Photo

"Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
goingsolo's Profile Photo

"A tourists view of Las Vegas"
kris-t's Profile Photo

"Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
doug48's Profile Photo

"las vegas"

Sirrico's Pizza: New York style pizza joint

Sirrico’s Pizza is a small fast pizza joint inside New York New York. You will pay the same for either regular pizza or Sicilian style and the flavor is fabulous. They have tables set up outside the restaurant to give you that “outdoor café” feel, and you can watch the people go by as you enjoy your lunch.

Favorite Dish Why, pizza, of course!!!

Il Fornaio: Dining New York's Little Italy Style

Il Fornaio is located inside New York New York just in front of the white bridge that goes to the guest elevators. This was a wonderful Italian restaurant with a great menu, a good sized wine list and reasonable prices. I did pay $10 for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc but it was wonderful and the meal was worth it. All in all, I’d say the 2 of us got our total bill for under $50.

Favorite Dish The linguine with seafood was amazing. Linguine is in marinara sauce and the plate was garnished with 3 shrimp, 3 mussels and 3 clams with scallops tossed into the pasta. I would definitely have this again. This was our server’s recommendation when I was stuck with a choice between 2 menu items. Definitely a good decision!

Oct 17, 2006

America: Casual dining all night long

America is located inside NY NY and if I’m not mistaken, they are a 24 hour joint. You can also eat outside at the pool. There is a special section on the pool deck for those ordering food. Beware though, if ordering from the pool, service may be a bit slow as there was only one waitress taking orders. The food was good but also a little pricey.

Favorite Dish I had the quesadillas, which were outstanding. You get 4 large pieces and they give you a side of salsa and sour cream on your plate.

NY, NY Food Court: Most Affordable in Vegas

The food court in NY NY is where you want to go at the end of your stay if you're not winning at the table.... great food at affordable prices, and alot of selection , too, with at least a splash of NY flavor in some of the entrees..

Favorite Dish NY Pizza by the slice!

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo
Nov 04, 2005

Things To Do Near Las Vegas

The Neon Sign Museum

The Neon Musuem doesn't just consist of historical neon signs, but there is something else that is very special. The visitor center once was the La Concha Motel lobby, Mid-Century modern design...

Las Vegas Natural History Museum

Also in Las Vegas you can see some very interestings Museums.This is a picture taken at Natural History Museum. Others good museums are: Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Houdini's Museum. The Tomb and...

Fremont Street Experience

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band...

The Golden Gate Hotel

I love to head to The Golden Gate for their $.99 shrimp cocktail, which they have been serving since 1959. By 1991 they served a whopping total of 25 million! -OR- You could really splurge and...
Things to Do

After 20 years of marriage we decided to get our vows renewed on our holiday to Vegas in July. We chose the Elvis - Burning Love package at the Wee Kirk and we chose well! It was such a lovely...

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

We went during late June in 2014, myself and my family. I will say that overall I was pleased with the experience and the view from up above will make you forget about the costs and the inconvenience...

Getting to Las Vegas

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!