Map &

From $129.00
The Pop Culture Walking Tour of Fremont Street
From $30.00

Extreme Sports Tips (20)

lot's of sporting activities in vegas!

vegas has alot of sporting activities to cater to anyone..bungee jumping, sky diving, rock climbing, etc....
if you wanna catch a baseball game we have a triple a minor league team affiliated with the los angeles dodgers our las vegas 51's... take a bike ride through red rock canyon navagating the scenic loop.. but my favorite sporting past time has to be fishing, and we have plenty to offer in that department.. 45 minutes north of las vegas is tulee springs, they have 3 lakes offering trout fishing and bass. lake mead offers a few charter fishing trips, but do it on your own it's more adventurous that way!

excitableone's Profile Photo
Sep 24, 2002

Indoor Rock Climbing

The Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian has an indoor rock climbing wall, which is a great place for beginners to give climbing a try. The rock wall is about 40 feet high and has a couple of routes, all of which are pretty basic. But I'd recommend it to anyone who always wanted to try rock climbing.

You are required to sign up for a lesson with an instructor to do this activity and there is, of course, a charge for that. But with the price of admission, you get access to the fitness center facilities for a day.

Equipment All equipment is provided with the lesson. You need to wear comfortable clothing.

goingsolo's Profile Photo
Dec 28, 2004

Hiking Las Vegas

Las Vegas is the best town for urban hiking. You can walk from New York to Paris, to Egypt, to Sahara desert, and to Monte Carlo within a few miles. If you get tired from hiking, there are all kinds of restaurants and roadside cafes to choose from.

mht_in_la's Profile Photo
Aug 27, 2006

Kayaking Near Las Vegas

One of the best things I did near Las Vegas was kayaking at Black Canyon. We did this excursion with the guys at Kayak Lake Mead.

Our take off point was Willow Beach which is a bit further down from Hoover Dam. When we arrived our tour guide had our kayaks ready to go. We were given good instructions and were given some practice before we headed towards our destination of Emerald Cove. The kayak towards Emerald Cove wasn't too bad since the wind was at our back and there wasn't much boat traffic on the river. We were allowed to go at our own pace and the tour guide pointed out some interesting information about our surroundings. The views were amazing and we had a chance to explore all the nooks and crannies of the canyon.

This was definitely a great trip and a good workout which we felt the next day. I am looking forward to doing another trip with Kayak Lake Mead the next time I am near Las Vegas.

Equipment Kayaks and safety gear is provided. It may be a good idea to bring some food for when you stop at the cove.

Alfine5's Profile Photo
Oct 01, 2011
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Las Vegas

651 East Ogden Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
129 N. 8th St., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
12 Ogden Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

Mini Baja racing

So another mother and myself booked a weekend girl trip to Vegas! We wanted to steer away from the total cliche of Vegas, while still enjoying its natural setting, so we had the Ultimate dessert experience. My friend found this great attraction on a local cite called not only did they offer the activity at a great rate, it included our hotel at a discounted rate...SWEET! Anyway, Tammy and I has such a blast! we even made our husbands envious! Warning the Minni Baja chase is highly dusty yet addicting! Remeber your Sunscreen! I totally got raccoon eyes LOL :)

Equipment shorts, closed shoes,sun block, camera water

Apr 25, 2012

Cycling in the Cactus and Heat

The most fun (albiet blooodiest) thing I did in Las Vegas was the Red Rock Canyon Bike Tour. The bike rental outfit met us out at the trailhead with all of the equipment we needed; dual suspension bikes, helmets and water bottles. We navigated first the very rocky fire road, then a long single track. Up, up, up, up..... then the fun ride down the curvy single track, being VERY careful to avoid the cactus jutting out into the path.

I made the mistake of standing on my pedals at the very end of the ride to rest my poor "sit place". I hit a rock and dramatically and unceremoniously dismounted with an over the handlebars flight, returning to our hotel bloody and dirty. Ahhh... but it did feel good to lie there on the ground for just a bit!

Equipment Water! Bring LOTS of water. It's very hot and very easy to get dehyrdrated, particularly on the long climb (push) up the hill.

Callavetta's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Indoor Skydiving

This is so much fun. You feel like you are floating. This is a picture of my brother on his turn in the tunnel.

Equipment Remove all jewlery, watches, and anything in your pockets or it becomes a flying weapon.

aussie79's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Red Canyon climbing

Red Canyon is close to Old Nevada little open zoo area.. Layers of red, yellow and grey rock are not only great to admire from a side, but also climb... (well, maybe just a bit : ))) )

Larissa76's Profile Photo
Apr 02, 2005

Top 5 Las Vegas Writers

Yaqui's Profile Photo

"Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
goingsolo's Profile Photo

"A tourists view of Las Vegas"
kris-t's Profile Photo

"Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
doug48's Profile Photo

"las vegas"

Things To Do Near Las Vegas

The Neon Sign Museum

The Neon Musuem doesn't just consist of historical neon signs, but there is something else that is very special. The visitor center once was the La Concha Motel lobby, Mid-Century modern design...

Las Vegas Natural History Museum

Also in Las Vegas you can see some very interestings Museums.This is a picture taken at Natural History Museum. Others good museums are: Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Houdini's Museum. The Tomb and...

Fremont Street Experience

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band...

The Golden Gate Hotel

I love to head to The Golden Gate for their $.99 shrimp cocktail, which they have been serving since 1959. By 1991 they served a whopping total of 25 million! -OR- You could really splurge and...
Things to Do

After 20 years of marriage we decided to get our vows renewed on our holiday to Vegas in July. We chose the Elvis - Burning Love package at the Wee Kirk and we chose well! It was such a lovely...

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

We went during late June in 2014, myself and my family. I will say that overall I was pleased with the experience and the view from up above will make you forget about the costs and the inconvenience...

Getting to Las Vegas

We don't yet have an address for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!