Map &

The Pop Culture Walking Tour of Fremont Street
From $30.00

Golfing Tips (7)

Play the Cascata Golf Course

They have a par-72 course that is surrounded by stunning vistas including a 3,600-foot peak at Red Mountain.

The firways are lush, and there are lakes, and streams. The men’s and ladies’ lounges are equipped sink-side, flat-screen TVs, as well as many other amenities.

Their Tuscan like clubhouse is very luxurious, yet unpretentious. The staff is very attentitve, and eager to meet your every need. The dining room has wonderful food, and they also have an excellent collection of rare, fine tobaccos and cigars in the lounge’s custom-designed humidor.

Equipment Directions

• Take I-15 South
• Take the 215 Beltway Exit
• From Center Strip, CASCATA is 30 Miles
• Stay on 215 to 515/95 South
• Take the 515/95 South Exit
• Stay on 515/95 South toward Boulder City
• Before entering Boulder City, the Railroad Pass Casino will be on your left
• Take the next exit (Laughlin, Bullhead City, Searchlight)
• Upon exiting, go to the stop sign and turn left
• Drive under the highway and railroad overpasses. Proceed straight up the hill (past the Road Closed sign)
• You will arrive at the CASCATA gate. Call to gain access.

tetonski1's Profile Photo
May 02, 2004

Geronimo and the US Cavalry in pursuit!

Personally, its golfing in Vegas at its best! Pauite Golf resort has 3 courses: Sun Mountain, Snow Mountain, and Wolf. All of them have fantastic views of mountains, complete with water holes from desert springs. But more importantly, there are no homes along any of the fairways or anywhere near the resort for that matter. Why? It's out in the desert inside Pauite Indian reservation land.

If you have a a 15-18 or lower handicap, play the Wolf course and you'll be challenged, I promise. Otherwise, be smart and play either the Sun Mountain or Snow Mountain to enjoy "your game"

Equipment Bring a sweater and a light jacket during the winter months or you'll feel the cold desert wind in your bones! In fact, call the golf shop first during windy days to make sure it's allright to play. I've backed off after seeing "white caps" on the water holes on a couple of occasions.

Apr 04, 2011

A TPC course; need I say more?

For mid to high rollers, it's the course to play; it has georgeous mountain range views, true greens, nice fairways and the price to go with it, lol. In 2005, it cost me $140 USD to play there as a local resident and $ 240 USD for my golfing buddy from Osaka, Japan. I haven't been back there since; I can't afford it! They did have a special rate during the week (Mar 2006) recently: $ 100. USD for Nevada residents only; I still couldn't afford it!

Equipment Be sure to bring your "high loft" clubs as you will have a few chasms (looked like "canyons" to me) and water holes to cross on this challenging course!

Apr 06, 2007

A scenic course!

Measuring 6,843 yards from the gold tees and 5,639 from the forward tees, there not many flat wide fairways at this course! Also, watch out for homes lining its nice fairways!

Equipment Use your high lofted irons at Siena and forget about hitting a lot of "bump and run" shots at this semi-hilly beautiful course.

Apr 09, 2007
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Las Vegas

651 East Ogden Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
129 N. 8th St., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
12 Ogden Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

Tiger Wood's first championship

It's supposed to be where Tiger won his first championship. The Las Vegas National Golf Club. I heard it USED to be nice.

Well, we paid US$49 on a weekday for 18 holes, witha buggy/cart. We did not expect must, as this rate is considered the cheapest in Vegas.

The course was above average, nicely placed bunkers, neat fairways and well maintained greens. I must say that the price we paid for was pretty reasonalble. Although I believe that when Tiger played there years ago, it was even better.

Equipment I did not bring my set of clubs, so I rented a set from Las Vegas Golf and Tennis Centre, (Just next to Hard Rock Hotel, Paradise Road)....paid US$40 for a set of callaway x-18 irons and Big Bertha Woods.

Sep 21, 2006

Must Play Golf Courses

When golfing in Vegas, out of towners are going to spend a lot at any course......make sure if you go through a company to set up a vacation that you check out which course they are sending you to. A must play on everyones list are the three courses out at Paiute. They are always in perfect condition and the desert golf is fantastic. Another great course that doesn't necessarily get its props is Siena in Summerlin.......somewhat difficult with a great panoramic view of the city and mountains.....

Equipment Bring sunscreen whenever playing in Vegas-----a hat is a must too.....

Jul 30, 2003

Golf in Las Vegas

There are so many golf courses out here in Las Vegas. I am just going to give you a few web sites about them.

BreezyJones's Profile Photo
Jan 15, 2004

Top 5 Las Vegas Writers

Yaqui's Profile Photo

"Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
goingsolo's Profile Photo

"A tourists view of Las Vegas"
kris-t's Profile Photo

"Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
doug48's Profile Photo

"las vegas"

Things To Do Near Las Vegas

The Neon Sign Museum

The Neon Musuem doesn't just consist of historical neon signs, but there is something else that is very special. The visitor center once was the La Concha Motel lobby, Mid-Century modern design...

Las Vegas Natural History Museum

Also in Las Vegas you can see some very interestings Museums.This is a picture taken at Natural History Museum. Others good museums are: Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Houdini's Museum. The Tomb and...

Fremont Street Experience

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band...

The Golden Gate Hotel

I love to head to The Golden Gate for their $.99 shrimp cocktail, which they have been serving since 1959. By 1991 they served a whopping total of 25 million! -OR- You could really splurge and...
Things to Do

After 20 years of marriage we decided to get our vows renewed on our holiday to Vegas in July. We chose the Elvis - Burning Love package at the Wee Kirk and we chose well! It was such a lovely...

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

We went during late June in 2014, myself and my family. I will say that overall I was pleased with the experience and the view from up above will make you forget about the costs and the inconvenience...

Getting to Las Vegas

We don't yet have an address for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!