Map &

Las Vegas Segway Tour: South Fremont Street
From $129.00
The Pop Culture Walking Tour of Fremont Street
From $30.00

Hard Rock Hotel - Casino Tips (10)

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino

The new "in" casino this is a few blocks off the strip on Paradise Road. Update: no longer the in spot this casino was mostly empty last time I was here. Not sure how much longer it will last at this rate.

Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
May 10, 2016

Hard Rock Hotel/Casino

In the afternoon of one of the last days we spent in Las Vegas, I talked my friend Mickey into walking from our resort to Hard Rock Cafe Hotel and Casino. It was a lengthy walk, and it was the warmest day we spent there. I feel that one of its drawbacks is its location, unless you wish to be quite a distance from the "Strip".

I must say that the hotel is unique in that it really is dedicated to the history of Rock and Roll. It possesses important objects that remind us of our teen-age and young adult years. The hallways, walls, ceilings and almost every spot is filled with memorabilia from every popular rock legend from the 1950s until today. You are able to browse at your own speed to view clothing, instruments, and song lyrics in rock n' roll history. There is a gift shop where you are able to purchase some replicas of this memorabilia.

My photographs include:

a. Giant guitar atop the roof.

b. Brass guitars used as handles to the front doors.

c. A chandelier made of horns.

We made use of their Casino; however, it was difficult to find slots that were inexpensive enough for our pockets!

We drank coffee in the Starbucks inside the Hotel/Casino.

deecat's Profile Photo
Feb 01, 2011

Hard Rock Cafe Memorabilia - Free

As unique this hotel/casino is, it has some pretty significant pieces that will take you back in time, as far as the baby boomers are concerned. It has a beautiful 100 ft neon electric guitar sign, a restaurant / gift shop / bar. The walls are filled with memorabilia from every pop and rock legend of the 50's through the 90's. Do not miss the Madonna bustier or the hand written Jim Morrison song lyrics. You can just walk around and browse all the wonderful memorabilia or you have a choice of dining among all this rock 'n roll history too. Be sure to browse their gift shop and take home a piece of Hard Rock Las Vegas for yourself and friends. Also recently added, right next door is the all new Hard Rock Hotel / Casino with even more memorabilia scattered amongst the gambling devices and along the walls.

Yaqui's Profile Photo
Mar 22, 2009

In the immortal words of Joan Jett...

The Hard Rock is just off the Strip but worth a side trip I think. The casino is fun, lively and a good size. I like that I don't get lost in there. The staff is friendly, the music is rock and/or roll and I get a kick out of the piano roulette wheels!

I spent some time here on Christmas Day and though it was much quieter than usual it was still a blast. In hindsight it may have been the three fairly strong drinks I was served by friendly ladies on the casino floor... who of course were dressed as Santa elves!

** please tip your servers**

The Hard Rock is currently doing renovations. The valet told me they are expanding the casino and building two new towers for rooms and of course condos.

lohki's Profile Photo
Feb 17, 2008
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Las Vegas

651 East Ogden Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
129 N. 8th St., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 North Main Street, Between Fremont Street and I-95, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
301 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
12 Ogden Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States
200 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, United States

Rehab Pool Party

Rehab takes place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino pool every Sunday through the end of September. It's in full effect 11am - 7pm. It is a club atmosphere, only people are wearing a lot fewer clothes. People start lining up as early as 9 am to guarantee entry. You don't have to be a hotel guest, but guest and those with reserved cabanas are guaranteed to get in. It definitely pays to be a girl. Not only is the admission lower than the guys' ($20 ladies, $30 men), but it's almost for sure that you'll get pulled out of the line and be able to walk right in. I've been there both times for bachelorette parties, and both times, we pretty much walked right in. But, you still have to be there as it opens, I wouldn't even want to know what the line is like in the middle of the day.
Rehab is definitely my favorite place to be in Vegas on Sundays.

HELEN's Profile Photo
Sep 12, 2007

Rehab at Hard Rock Pool

REHABx at the Hard Rock Hotel Pool is a seasonal event that kicks off every Sunday at about 11AM. This has become one of THE most difficult event to gain entry to over the weeks, as tons of gorgeous women have been known to frequent these Sunday parties. If you stay at Hard Rock, yourself and 3 guests are IN. If not, good luck.. if you get to pay cover, it'll be $30 for gents, $20 for out-of town ladies and $15 for in-town ladies. When you get in, its a none stop pool party with bottles and models galore. I got exhausted, I'm not much of a daytime drinker, and while it does last until 9PM, you have to get there pretty early if you don't have a Cabana reserved, so Rehab tends to last the entire day. Because its a pool, I didn't bring mny digi cam, but Napkin Nights local party photogs are always there, so if you go be sure to check out their site for your pics!

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo
Aug 12, 2007

Try your luck?

While here in '96, my best firend and I tried our luck at the roulette tables inside the Hard Rock Hotel's casino. Unfortunately it didn't take her long to lose all of it! :) I, on the other hand broke even.
Best of luck to all who give it a whirl!!!

HotRodEtte's Profile Photo
Aug 26, 2005

Hardrock is the place to be

I spent 8 days in Vegas and ended up at the Hardrock latenight every night. The place is awesome! Its a party, lots of beautiful girls. Very friendly dealers and waitresses. This place is rock and roll. Nothing like when you have a hot shoe at blackjack and Tool is being played on volume 10. Babys is the afterhours nightclub and one of the hottest clubs in all of Vegas(which says alot). The Hardrock is also very generous with comp points and they have several fantastic restauraunts. The Pink Taco is the best mexican restauraunt I have ever been. They make great margaritas too. Nobu is a worldclass restauraunt owned by an Iron Chef.

CTnightowl's Profile Photo
Dec 29, 2004

Top 5 Las Vegas Writers

Yaqui's Profile Photo

"Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
goingsolo's Profile Photo

"A tourists view of Las Vegas"
kris-t's Profile Photo

"Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
doug48's Profile Photo

"las vegas"
View Member

Do you collect HRC pins? I do!

So, no matter the destination, I will always scout out a HRC where ever I go. This one is off the beaten path as it is not located on LV Blvd. Not a spectacular HRC, I've seen better.

GracesTrips's Profile Photo
Mar 06, 2007

Live Music Rocks!

Check out the schedule of bands playing at 'The Joint' in the Hard Rock Hotel. This is a great, small venue to see live music. This photo is from when I saw Matthew Sweet perform.

Sunshine64's Profile Photo
Sep 30, 2005

Things To Do Near Las Vegas

The Neon Sign Museum

The Neon Musuem doesn't just consist of historical neon signs, but there is something else that is very special. The visitor center once was the La Concha Motel lobby, Mid-Century modern design...

Las Vegas Natural History Museum

Also in Las Vegas you can see some very interestings Museums.This is a picture taken at Natural History Museum. Others good museums are: Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Houdini's Museum. The Tomb and...

Fremont Street Experience

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band...

The Golden Gate Hotel

I love to head to The Golden Gate for their $.99 shrimp cocktail, which they have been serving since 1959. By 1991 they served a whopping total of 25 million! -OR- You could really splurge and...
Things to Do

After 20 years of marriage we decided to get our vows renewed on our holiday to Vegas in July. We chose the Elvis - Burning Love package at the Wee Kirk and we chose well! It was such a lovely...

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

We went during late June in 2014, myself and my family. I will say that overall I was pleased with the experience and the view from up above will make you forget about the costs and the inconvenience...

Getting to Las Vegas

4455 Paradise Road

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!