Map &

Vegas Strip and Hoover Dam Twilight Helicopter Tour
From $200.00
Deluxe Las Vegas Helicopter Night Flight with VIP Transportation
From $75.00

Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower Tips (81)

Stratosphere Tower observation deck & rides!

Security is tight and they inspect and have everyone go thru metal detector. They also have a huge list of rules before you can go up in the tower. Make sure you read them before you either purchase your tickets or before you head for the entrance incase you have to leave something at the car or bell desk.

Since opening in 1996, this 1,141-foot-tall Stratosphere Tower has captured the attention of everyone alike. It is 869 feet high with a 360-view of the city, the Stratosphere's outdoor observation deck is the tallest of its kind in the country. Yet, I hate heights, but I enjoy this. What a spectacular view. I keep telling myself I am going to do this at night and some day, I will.

A TIP: If you hate heights and get some vertigo, go outside on the deck, do not stay inside it makes it worse. I noticed the observation glass is set at an angle, so it kinds of distorts the senses. I know, I know, but it helped me and the fresh air helps too. What a view!!!

Hours of operation: Sunday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 1 a.m. Fridays, Saturdays and holidays, 10 a.m. - 2 a.m.
Cost: Please either check the website of call the attraction for current cost.

Yaqui's Profile Photo
Jul 11, 2008

The Best Deal in Town

After a visit to the Las Vegas Visitor's Centre we were directed to the Stratosphere for a great deal on an evening's entertainment.

For only $44, we rode 900 feet to the top of the tower (which alone is a $9 value), we enjoyed a sumptuous seafood buffet, AND we saw an excellent impersonators show with two free drinks! Considering almost all of the other shows in town start at $50 and up, and that's just for the show....we thought this was a great deal!

We planned our visit to the Observation Deck to coincide with sunset. That way, we could see the city by day, and by night and possibly catch a great sunset in between. Apart from admiring the view, it was fun to watch the new thrill ride located on top of the Stratosphere. It is called X-SCream and it plunges its riders literally over the edge of the platform and dangles them 900 feet above the Strip.

The impersonator's show was called American Superstars and featured the obligatory Elvis, along with Ricky Martin, Britanny Spears, Charlie Daniels and my favourite, Michael Jackson. He was a fabulous dancer and entertainer....and not as creepy as the real Michael! The couple sitting next to us had been to the show 3 times, they liked it so much! I recommend that you see it at least once while in Vegas.

windsorgirl's Profile Photo
Nov 04, 2004

Stratosphere tower

I've been told that this one's a must see, although I didn't go to the top of the tower. I hate heights. And I wasn't crazy about the Stratosphere hotel either. But its the world's tallest hotel tower, or something like that, and its supposed to be an incredible view. So I recommend taking the trip up to the top. And let me know how it was.

goingsolo's Profile Photo
Jun 29, 2004

Stratosphere - 1

Now my husband is a bit of an adrenaline junkie so the thought of four rides in one place and 1,149 feet into the air was just too exciting to resist! Although not a confirmed thrill addict myself (motion sickness- the effects of being swung round, turned upside down, jolted to a stop etc.. would not be pleasant for all concerned!) I do enjoy a good view so was quite happy to accompany Steve up to the top of the Stratosphere Tower. While he hurled himself around its top my very tasty caramel frappuchino and I were happy to casually saunter round the indoor and outdoor observation decks.
If you are not afraid of heights it is worth going to the tower for the view. You get a fantastic panorama of not only The Strip (where you can play spot your hotel) but also the surrounding neighbourhoods (count how many swimming pools you can see) and the mountains in the distance and, if the weather is good and it generally is, the wonderful blue of the sky. It really is quite breathtaking. The are two circular observation decks, inside and out. Inside gives, in some ways, the better – and slightly scarier – views. The glass windows are angled out so if you lean forward to look through them it almost feels like you might overbalance! It does give you the chance to look down and see exactly how high up you are. Inside also includes a gift shop, Starbucks Café and restrooms. You also have the advantage of being able to walk round the whole 360 degrees and thus see the views from all angles. Outside half of the observation platform is given over to two of the thrill rides. However if, like me, you enjoy the wind on your face and don’t think you’ve really experienced a view if you’ve only seen it through glass then make your way to the external observation deck and get your camera clicking!

Entrance for just the Tower is 9.99 dollars. The lift whisk syou to the top so fast your ears will pop!

To get an idea of the views go to the Stratosphere website and look at their Tower Webcams

mightywease's Profile Photo
May 16, 2005
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

2000 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89104, United States
2200 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada, 89104, United States
1401 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89104, United States
455 Karen Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109, United States
(Now Super 8) 1213 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89104, United States
1213 S. Las Vegas Blvd, 89104

Go To The Stratosphere!

For those who want to walk on the really wild side of Las Vegas, take a ride downtown to the Stratosphere. The Tower is almost 1,150 feet tall! The Stratosphere offers three of the highest scariest thrill rides in the world. Insanity, Big Shot and X-Scream.

Big Shot is a free-fall ride that uses the Observation Desk as it's base.

Insanity hangs you out away from the deck where there is nothing below you but air and turns you around in circles.

The X-Scream plunges you downwards, up and backwards, and all this is done with nothing, I mean NOTHING under your feet! X-Scream is EXTREME!

Hours: 10 am-1 am Sun-Thurs and 10 am-2 am Fri-Sat
Price $19.95-35.95 +10.00 for an Express Pass

For those who like the thrill without the chills, The observation desk at the Stratosphere offers a magnificient view 360 degree of all of Las Vegas. The viewing deck has access to the outside as well as the inside. The hours are the same for the observation deck as the rides.

Admission to the observation deck without the rides is $13.95

Court94403's Profile Photo
Jan 06, 2010

The Stratosphere is 1,149 feet high, and taller than the Eiffel Tower ( we're talking Paris, France, not Paris Las Vegas). The ride up goes amazingly fast, less than a minute.

The views are actually quite breathtaking, and they do recommend you go twice; once during the day, and the other at night. However, we didn't have time to return at night, so we'll have to make it a priority the next time.

If you want to send someone over the edge, or love thrill rides, make sure you go on The Big Shot. This ride is located on the tower's top needle, and shoots riders up with the force of four G's, then drops them at zero G's -- avoid this if you have a pacemaker! My husband rated this the best ride in Vegas, bar none.

The other thrill ride that is worth taking is X-Scream. Basically, this is a giant teeter-totter that is on the edge of the Stratosphere tower, and you are dangled over the edge of the tower, back and forth. If you do have someone riding on the X-Scream, have them sit in the front, and you can actually take their picture from the enclosed observation area of the tower with a backdrop of Vegas.

The High Roller roller coaster was closed when we were there, but I have heard that it's a very slow, short roller coaster and not really worth it.

For a full day pass, it's about $26.00 US, which includes all rides and tower admission. This is worth it if you are a big fan of rides, and go on them a couple of times each. For the tower admission alone, it's $10.00, and and extra $4.00 if you return the anytime the same day.

madamx's Profile Photo
Aug 23, 2007

Stratosphere Tower

This is by far the tallest building in a City of immense structures. Wherever you go in Las Vegas, the Tower is visible like a long thin needle with a wide cap.

I decided to combine my visit with a trip to the wonderful revolving restaurant at the top, but that's the subject of another tip. If you don't want to go to the expense of dining here, you can buy all sorts of day passes at very reasonable prices. From the top of the tower you can see all over the City, and this is especially spectacular at night. The place is crowded, though, and you will get a far more private view by going for dinner.

It also houses the highest of the many Wedding Chapels in the City.

There's an enormous, busy, and rather scruffy casino downstairs and I got the impression that perhaps it's not in the best area of the City, but it's a magnificent structure and a real "must do" on your Vegas trip.

SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
Jun 08, 2006

Go to the top of the Stratosphere

We decided to go all the way to the end of the famous Strip- which was the Stratosphere Hotel. We took a shuttle going there and my children wanted to ride on the Death rides!

At the top of the Stratosphere is a view deck where you can see the whole of Las Vegas. There are coin-operated telescopes which you have to pay for 50 cents. Also, before you get to the top, there are several stores selling different kinds of products.

There is also a painter over there who paints black and white portraits.

There is also a rodeo ride over there where you can ride a electric-operated bull!

Dec 20, 2008

Top 5 Las Vegas Writers

Yaqui's Profile Photo

"Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
joiwatani's Profile Photo

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
goingsolo's Profile Photo

"A tourists view of Las Vegas"
kris-t's Profile Photo

"Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
doug48's Profile Photo

"las vegas"

Go to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay

It's not really a bay. It's a hotel. The Mandalay Bay Hotel has a Shark Reef - kind of like an aquarium where you can see sharks and other smaller aquarium with different fish to see. There is also a place where the children can actually touch the rays and the sea urchins. The aquarium is vey nice but not really an outstanding aquarium. If I were you, I would save the money and go watch other shows than going to this aquarium.

I have been to bigger aquarium in the world like the Monterrey Aquarium in Monterrey, California, Seattle Aquarium in Washington or the Aquaworld Aquarium in Oarai, Japan. I think this is just one of the attractions of Mandalay Bay to attract visitors.

Instead, spend that entrance fee of $16.00 and go to the Circus Circus for many more exciting and fun rides for your children!

Dec 13, 2008

Are you Brave Enough?

A trip to the top of the 1,149ft Stratosphere Tower is a must do for the wonderful views. There are both inside and outside viewing galleries that go 360 degrees right around the tower so you can get views of the strip on one side and Downtown on the other. They also have the rotating Top of the World restaurant and lounge. Entrance tickets are about $10 (the rides are extra) and I think they last all day so if you go up during the day you can also go back in the evening when everything is lit up. A good time to go is during dusk when all the hotels start lighting up for the night. Be prepared for a long queue though, it can be very busy. If you are brave enough, try the roller coaster, if you are stupid enough try one of the other thrill rides.

St_Vincent's Profile Photo
Dec 17, 2005

Stratosphere Tower

The Stratosphere Tower is located at the northern end of the main Strip area. At 350m high it is the tallest observation tower in the USA and hence a major Las Vegas landmark. From the top you can enjoy excellent views of the Strip and the surrounding landscape from the outdoor observation deck.

But this isn't just the place to come and enjoy the views from the safety of an observation deck. The tower is also home to the world's highest thrill rides, which hang off the top of the tower, 110 stories above the Strip! There are three different rides to choose from, and there is no way you would get me on any of them!

You can buy a ticket to just access the observation deck, and then pay for any ride tickets as you go, or buy combination tickets too.

After a visit to the tower, you can always recover with a meal or a drink or a gamble at the Stratosphere Hotel & Casino, which sits below the tower.

sue_stone's Profile Photo
Oct 18, 2008

Stratosphere Tower- Hotel & Casino

This is another place not to be missed during your days in Las Vegas.With 1,149 feet,the Stratosphere Tower,it is the tallest tower in all US.Is located just next to Stardust Hotel.The views of the city from 109th floor it is just amazing.

At 107th floor you will find a nice place to be relaxed and quiet, it is called Floor Lounge.On top of the tower you'll find some very exciting rides if you are brave enough:The Big Shot (Roller Coaster) and also a new ride just for the "very brave people" called X Scream!.Are you ready to try them??? :-)

Just next to the tower,you'll see the Stratosphere Hotel.

Hosell's Profile Photo
Jul 12, 2004

Things To Do Near Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

Things to do

After 20 years of marriage we decided to get our vows renewed on our holiday to Vegas in July. We chose the Elvis - Burning Love package at the Wee Kirk and we chose well! It was such a lovely...

Fremont Street Experience

I went here twice when I was staying in Vegas, I found it so much better then the main vegas strip. The drinks are cheaper, the pubs had more "alternative" music playing. Two pubs had a cover band...

Wynn Las Vegas

While staying at the Encore, I wanted to explore the amenities the hotel had to offer. So I ventured to where the Spa is located. Decorated in an Oriental and Moroccan theme, the spa is opulent and...

The Golden Gate Hotel

I love to head to The Golden Gate for their $.99 shrimp cocktail, which they have been serving since 1959. By 1991 they served a whopping total of 25 million! -OR- You could really splurge and...

Gondola Rides at the Venetian

I’ve been in Venice and in the Venetian, and I didn’t take a gondola in any of them. As a matter of fact, it is beautiful in the movies and pictures, but it is expensive, and it’s far to be a good...

The Blue Man Group

This show is at The Venetian. It is, in my opinion, a fantasic music show. The Blue Man Group are blue men (dressed in black; blue faces and blue hands) who are very talented. They play the most...

Getting to Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower

2000 S Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89104

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!