Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Philadelphia Segway Tour
"Start your Segway tour of Philadelphia with an instructional orientation and safety briefing. Once you're comfortable follow your guide on a five-mile or 10-mile route. Along the way your guide will take fun photos of you and regale you with fascinating facts about Philadelphia's history.1-hr Segway TourSee more than 15 Philadelphia attractions on this loop! This introduction to major city sights takes you through the His and admire the lively mosaics of Magic Gardens on South Street. Along your journey witness several important historical sights including the First Bank of the United States and several old churches where William Penn developed his 'freedom of worship' philosophy.2-hr Segway TourExtend your Segway adventure passing by Elfreth's Alley and the Betsy Ross House. Admire Independence Hall en route to Society Hill where you can marvel at the stately homes. Continue over Avenue of the Arts to Rittenhouse Square before winding through the Fitler Square neighborhood. From there
From $44.00

Philadelphia Happy Hour Pub Crawl
"Meet across from Philadelphia's City Hall in the evening and soak up the buzzing atmosphere as people conclude their work day. Like many of them you’ll head to your first happy hour destination. With your guide choose three bars to fit the group’s interests preferences and vibe. For instance you can head to an Irish pub with a local flare or visit the oldest continuously operating bar in the city dating back to 1860 where the beer is crafted just steps away from your table. Some of the places you may visit include Philadelphia Brewing Company
From $49.00

Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard Rental
"Explore Paddleboarding in Phoenix and Beyond!As the sport of Stand Up Paddleboarding and SUP yoga continue to grow worldwide Arizona is becoming a go-to destination for paddle sports of all kinds! Our beautiful year-round weather and gorgeous lakes rivers and reservoirs make Arizona an ideal setting for this amazing activity.Arizona offers a unique place to paddle. Within a short drive you can be exploring our beautiful desert lakes in the tail trees of our mountain lakes or on the Golf of California in Rocky Point Mexico. Our Stand Up Paddleboard rentals includes a paddleboard
From $27.00

Fudge Kitchen Tips (3)

The Fudge Kitchen: For sweet teeth

If you have even the slightest of sweet teeth, or have friends or family to buy for who do, I can guarantee that sooner or later during your visit to Cape May you will find yourself in the Fudge Kitchen! For one thing, there seems to be someone stationed outside at all hours of the day and evening with a tray of free samples to tempt you and lure you in. And once inside you’ll be as amazed as we were at the range of different flavours of fudge. As well as the usual vanilla, chocolate, coffee etc. varieties you’ll find:
~ peanut butter
~ chocolate marshmallow
~ rocky road
~ snickers
~ cookies-n-cream
~ pumpkin (in season)
and many more – twenty flavours in all. There is also saltwater taffy and lots of other sweets available, though it seemed to be only the fudge that was made on the premises.

What to buy We bought a couple of boxes to bring home as gifts. The ½ lb boxes cost $5.99 and contain four large slabs of your choice, while the 1 lb boxes cost $9.99 and have eight slabs of fudge. You can get larger boxes than this but we didn’t check the cost of these. You can also buy online, though prices are considerably higher, even within the US.

toonsarah's Profile Photo
toonsarah
Nov 30, 2008

Fudge Kitchen: Fudge Kitchen: Take Home Treats

Fudge Kitchen is your typical shore destination candy shop. They have all the standard candy favorites for bulk sale, as well as a huge selection of prepackaged items.
Whenever you enter a Fudge Kitchen, they immediately offer you a sample of fudge. I always take a sample, but then I'm reminded that I've had better, along with the fact that I'm usually not a big fan of fudge anyway. Aside from this, they have many delicious offerings in the bulk and pre-packaged items.
I have rarely encountered something from here that was not fresh and tasty, but the one time I did, it was truly aweful. I don't think they're even carrying it anymore, but avoid the "Peanut Butter" Taffy at all costs. This is my favorite flavor of taffy, but I opened it up when I got home and it was God-aweful. Turns out that peanut butter was not even listed as an ingredient. I threw it out.

What to buy Their taffy is a great item to take home and share with co-workers (*see note above about the "peanut butter"). Unlike the boxes of taffy that I have purchased from other beach towns, there isn't one flavor in the assortment that isn't palatable. I especially like the "kisses" style.
If you like coconut, don't leave without some toasted coconut covered marshmallows, and if you're there before Easter, be sure to pick up some of their homemade Peeps.

What to pay If you're in town for more than a day, and you want to purchase a few things to take home, make a small purchase first. When you make a purchase, say for a few of those delicious marshmallows, or a couple coconut macaroons, they will give you a coupon for a future purchase, which is often good on fudge or taffy, but also 10% off everything else.
Another good idea is to check out Morrow's Nut House (also on the mall & Promenade) before making your candy purchases, because they carry many of the same items and I found their prices to be better.

FatesWarn's Profile Photo
FatesWarn
Jun 14, 2007

The Fudge Kitchen: THE BEST FUDGE IN THE WORLD!

The Fudge Kitchen has the best fudge anywhere--that's my opinion, of course! Outside the store, a member of the sales staff gives out free samples of the fudge. Once inside there are many, many choices to make.

When my mother visited one summer, we brought her to Cape May. Ever since then, whenever my hubby and I come to this lovely Victorian town, I send my mother selections of rocky road, chocolate chip, marshmallow, peanut butter and walnut fudge. It's a reminder of the wonderful time we had together! They mail it right from the store anywhere in the United States and its made fresh daily.

The shop also has ice cream and other assorted candies. This is a popular stop for visitors to Cape May...and it's no wonder! Fudge Kitchen is open daily.

What to buy Fudge, fudge and more fudge!

VeronicaG's Profile Photo