Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Nob Hill Tips (3)

Nob Hill: Imbibe

It's hard to pick a theme for this place. Yes it's a nightclub. Yes it's a cigar bar. Yes it's for people watching. And yes, there's live music at select times. It's Imbibe! One of my new favorite places to chill with a friend or two. I never showed much Nob Hill until this year. Since it's near the University of New Mexico, Nob Hill tends to collect the college crowd, young socialities, trendy bohemians or the freaks. Imbibe attracts all these and more. It's a great spot. It's got a cosmopolitan feel to it. From the color-changing neon lights in bar area to the Skybar located in the fresh air at the top of Imbibe. There's a little cigar store where you can buy all the greatest cigars. I suggest coming on a weeknight when you won't get the clubber crowd. A Wednesday for example. You might make a friend or two. I dig this place and I'll take friends from out of town when they visit.

Dress Code I've seen people come in everything from jeans and sneakers to a vest and a dress shirt with tie. It's it's own style, but please come in something dress casual.

HispanicYob's Profile Photo
HispanicYob
Nov 18, 2009

Nob Hill area: Entertainment for an evening in Albuquerque

The area known as Nob Hill is actually quite a few city blocks on Central Ave. in Albuquerque that feature all types of restaurants, bars, shops and specialty establishments.

I spent an evening in Albuquerque walking up and down Central Ave. in this district and it didn't disappoint. There are plenty of places to eat dinner and drink. I even heard live music drifting out of a bar or two, even though I didn't go in.

If getting a tattoo or a piercing is on your agenda, you won't have trouble here. I saw at least 4 or 5 places that I can remember which offer these services!

Thrown into the mix are some art galleries and retail stores.

I was able to park on the street on a Friday night, so I'm guessing it is safe to say that parking shouldn't be a problem for you on the weekends.

In a nutshell, if you are looking for an area where you can eat dinner, have drinks at a few places, hear some live music and people watch - this is a good bet.

Dress Code I suppose it depends on where you are going, but I was dressed casually in jeans and sandals and blended in well at several bars and restaurants.

moirholj's Profile Photo
moirholj
Aug 01, 2005

The Guild Movie Theater: Alternative Cinema

If you are a film buff and are longing for a great documentary, foreign film, Japanese horror/action, cult, gay/lesbian, film noir or midnight movie check the Weekly Alibi or Crosswinds Weekly to see what's showing at the Guild Cinema.

This intimate theater is an Albuquerque staple of alternative cinema featuring lectures and discussions by visiting film makers, premiers of films made locally and film festivals.

danmike's Profile Photo