Bronxville Travel Guide

Liz's Mussels

Bronxville Restaurants

Lange's Deli: Good Sandwiches and Hot Food

by cjg1 Written May 4, 2009

We often find ourselves in Lange's deli expecially when Liz's Dad is in Lawrence Hospital. No one likes hospital food so we sneak out for a sandwich for us and one to bring back for Bob. Liz worked in Bronxville eons ago so she is very familiar with this town and Lange's in particular. The deli is a nice size with plenty of sandwiches, soups, salads and hot food to choose from. They have daily specials posted and it is always something delicious. The place gest packed so be prepared for a bit of a wait during peak times such as breakfast and lunch.

I haven't had a bad meal here yet. So f your in Bronxville stop by and try them.

Favorite Dish: The roast beef on rye with horseradish is quite tasty. I've also had the meatball sandwich and their stuffed shells. Liz likes their caesar salad and their roast beef with mustard on a club roll.

Haagen Dazs: Time for Dessert

by cjg1 Written May 4, 2009

Haagen Dazs seems to be our stop after a meal at Fogarty's. The shop is just half a block from Fogarty's, so it's a nice stroll. Liz normally gets her chocolate ice cream on a waffle cone and depending on my mood I'll either have strawberry or chocolate. The shop has tables so you can sit inside and enjoy your ice cream instead of walking around trying to manage your dessert.

Favorite Dish: Ice cream of course......

J.C. Fogarty's: Typical Bar/Restaurant

by cjg1 Updated May 4, 2009

This is the local bar/restaurant to hang out, watch some sports or grab a meal. It's a nice bar/restaurant with one side dedicated to the bar with some booths and the other side for the restaurant and catering. The food is the basic pub grub and pretty good. The service is spotty depending on how jammed they are and if there is a party.

Our last visit to Fogarty's was during the Knetucky Derby. Liz and I were hungry and I wanted a place to catch the derby on TV. The bar was a bit crowded with guys getting ready for race time and collecting race wagers. We had a seat at a booth in the bar area within view of several TV's. We placed our drink orders and reviewed the menu. Liz and I decided to split an order of fried calamari to start. I decided on the sliced steak salad for my entree while Liz ordered the steamed mussels in white wine. The service was a little slow but it was crowded and a Saturday so we were forgiving. The food was good and we had a nice spot to watch the race.

Favorite Dish: The New York Club is pretty good. It's a sliced steak sandwich on a club roll with melted mozzarella and onions. They have good appetizers such as :fried calamari, baked clams, steamed mussels and mozarella sticks. The fries here are really good as well. If I'm in the mood I'll have a beer but I mostly stick to iced tea or a pepsi. Liz normally gets the steak wrap and a club soda with lime. If she's in the mood for mussels she'll get the appetizer as her meal.

Sliced Steak Salad Waiting for my meal Calamari and marinara sauce Liz's Mussels

Bronxville Warnings and Dangers

Feed The Meter/Watch Where You Park

by cjg1 Written May 4, 2009

Bronxville is full of parking but many spaces or metered or for resident permit holders only. Make sure to feed the meter and watch the time if you happen to park at a metered space. The Meter Enforcement is out and about and does not hesitate to give a ticket.

Instant Answers: Bronxville

Comments

Bronxville Travel Guide

Map of Bronxville