Map &

New York City Luxury Bus Tour and Harbor Cruise
From $109.00

Free Services Tips (8)

Public Rest Room

Favorite thing Until New York City makes good on its long-held promise to install public rest rooms along the city’s sidewalks tourists and locals will have to make do with those already established.

One such public lavatory can be found in Bryant Park. It is on the 42nd Street side of the park, close to the library.

There are 16 public restrooms located throughout Central Park. They are as follows.
• Merchants’ Gate, 61st Street and Central Park West (closed winter)
• Heckscher Playground, Mid-park at 62nd Street
• The Arsenal, 64th Street and 5th Avenue
• Sheep Meadow Cafe at Mineral Springs, Mid-Park at 69th Street (closed winter)
• Bethesda Terrace, Mid-park at 72nd Street (closed winter)
• Model Boathouse Cafe, at Conservatory Water at 74th Street
• Loeb Boathouse, 74th Street at the East Drive
• Ramble Shed, Mid-park at 79th Street
• Delacorte Theatre, at the Turtle Pond at 81st Street
• Ancient Playground, 85th Street and 5th Avenue
• Tennis House, Mid-park at 94th Street
• North Meadow Recreation Center, Mid-park at 97th Street
• Robert Bendheim Playground, 100th Street and 5th Avenue
• Conservatory Garden (this area of the Park really deserves to be visited), 105th Street and 5th Avenue
• Great Hill, West 106th Street (closed winter)
• Dana Discovery Center, 110th Street at Lenox Avenue

von.otter's Profile Photo
Feb 14, 2011

The Best Public Bathroom in Midtown

Favorite thing The Disney Store on Fifth Avenue has a clean, excellent, easily accessible restroom on their basement level. It's easy to get to, no-one has to unlock it for you, and their lower level is quiet and peaceful, since it seems to be occupied only by the restrooms and their guest services. The only drawback may be trying to get young children to leave the store afterwards.

Sep 13, 2007

Offer to Help

Favorite thing I recommend walking the Brooklyn Bridge, either from Manhattan to Brooklyn or vice versa. It is absolutely wonderful. I would like to provide anyone with information on planning a trip to NYC/5 boroughs. I will be eager to make recommendations on sights, restaurants, things to do and things not to do.

Fondest memory I want my Towers back. I'm born and raised in Brooklyn. I love NY. There is so much to do and see. The people are wonderful. There is no other city like it!

Feb 20, 2007

Useful Website For New York Restaurant Info

Favorite thing Check out the webpage,, if you know a kind of food you want but not a restaurant- this website lets you look at the menus of a ton of restaurants in Manhattan but not in the other burroughs. This is a really useful website

kidkilowatt's Profile Photo
Apr 05, 2005
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near New York City

130 Duane Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States
85 West Broadway, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
52-54 W 36th Street, 10018
55 Church Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
2 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Big Apple Greeters

Favorite thing I saw this service advertised in one of the budget travel magazines, I sent off a note to see if I could get one for my recent trip but they didn't have a greeter available. Try to send a request off as soon as you know you will be visiting, they request 4-6 weeks advance notice.

It's a free service where a volunteer local person takes visitors for a 2-4 hour tour of New York City, you can request a specific area or you can leave it up to the Greeter to plan a visit for you.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Jan 30, 2005

Public Restrooms

Favorite thing I love that there are public restrooms everywhere, and that they are free. In my country you have to pay for almost every public toilet you go to. Sometimes up to $1, which I think is rediculous.

If you are in Lower Manhattan on the West side, go to The World Financial Center for some clean toilets. If you are shopping in Midtown you can go to Macy's or Bloomingdales. In chinatown it is a little bit difficult to find a good restroom, but if you walk up a little on Broadway, you can use the restroom at Pearl River (477 Broadway - SoHo area)

As soon as I think of more restrooms to go to, I will add them to the list.

aukjejetty's Profile Photo
Jan 22, 2004

Big Apple Greeter Service - FREE

Favorite thing Big Apple Greeter: a free service to welcome visitors to NYC. A NYC local volunteer shows you around the various parts of the city. Advanced reservations recommended.

virtualpatrick's Profile Photo
Jan 29, 2003

Go on Jerry's tour starting at...

Favorite thing Go on Jerry's tour starting at the international youth hostel on 103rd street on Saturdays at 8am. He takes you on a FREE 18 mile walk around new york. You haven't seen new york till you go with Jerry, all you pay for is a meal at a restaurant in China Town (about $8) and it's a great way to meet fellow travellers.

Fondest memory Had to be the evening when we first got to NYC, and me and my mate went to the top of the Empire State building and looked over New York at dusk. It was brillient.

Drazzig's Profile Photo
Aug 24, 2002

Top 5 New York City Writers

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

cjg1's Profile Photo

"NYC: Everyday, Something new."
shutterlust's Profile Photo

"I Heart New York."
toonsarah's Profile Photo

""I want to be a part of it ...""
Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo

". : New York City : ."

Things To Do Near New York City

City Tours - CityPass

We purchased a 7day pass online through the Qantas site which offered a discounted price. The pass allows you to go to the front of the line and save money along the way. There are a number of tourist...

African Burial Ground National Monument

During excavation for a new office building, in lower Manhattan, a burial ground of about 400 slaves was unearthed, and digging quickly stopped. Some 200 bodies still remain buried here, and in its...

Manhattan Municipal Building

Located near the Brooklyn Bridge as a gateway to the financial district, The Muni, as it is often called by New Yorkers, was one of the first skyscrapers built in Manhattan and the first to...
Things to Do

The Tribeca Open Artist Studio Tour was founded as a non-profit, artist-run organization with the mission to empower the working artists of Tribeca while providing an educational opportunity for the...

Ground Zero - World Trade Center

We walked over here and sat for a while after walking around the 9/11 Memorial. It was a gorgeous and warm afternoon and the breeze off the water was welcoming and refreshing. Directly across from us...

National September 11 Memorial

I tell most people what the volunteers at the museum told me - if you visit New York frequently, consider getting the membership. I wanted to see everything while I was there, but for myself and many...

Getting to New York City

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!