Dempsey's, New York City

61 2ND Ave (212) 388-0662
    An interesting bunch of patrons
    Liz and I enjoying Dempsey's
    by cjg1
    Laura and I enjoying our drinks
    by cjg1

Know about this? Rate It!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Dempsey's: East Village Pub

by cjg1 Updated Sep 20, 2010

This place is a nice mellow pub that I have never seen packed. It still had people in it, but never packed to the gills. I come here a lot. I'd say about eight times a year. I have used it as a VT meeting place. I also use it for just a place to go have a drink before or after dinner in the east village. It is just a good feeling pub with good service and a decent variety of beers and drinks.

Our most recent excursion to Dempsey's was on a Pub crawl with our friend Laura. The bar was a bit crowded with football fan but we still managed to find seats and enjoy some drinks.

Dress Code: Casual. Anything goes.

Address: 61 2ND Ave

Directions: It is between 3rd and 4th streets and its on the west side of the avenue.

Phone: (212) 388-0662

Website: http://www.dempseyspub.com

Liz and I enjoying Dempsey's An interesting bunch of patrons Laura and I enjoying our drinks Yeah Jack & Coke!!! Stella, Miller Lite & a Jack & Coke
    • Beer Tasting

• Dimi1's Profile Photo

Dempsey's Pub: Dempsey's Pub

by Dimi1 Written Mar 31, 2005

Dempsey's Pub

61 2nd Ave. (btw. 3rd & 4th Sts.) (212) 388-0662

This East Village Irish Pub has live Traditional Irish music every Tuesday and Bluegrass every Wednesday.

Hours: 11:30am - 3:30am, Mon - Sat; noon - 3:30am on Sunday. No cover. Ages 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Dempsey's Pub: Hang out with some locals

by acemj Written Sep 1, 2003

The VT gang has been known to throw back a few cold ones, and this night was no exception. Chris, Natalie, Jen, Gail, David, me, my friend Elizabeth and her sister Jennifer hung out here for awhile after eating a great dinner in the Village.

Dress Code: Come as you are. A laid back pub with plenty of seating and a pool table in the back.

Address: 61 2nd Ave, between 3rd and 4th Streets

Phone: 212-388-0662

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

Forbidden Broadway: Take in a show!

by Radiomom Written Aug 21, 2003

This show is great...it changes a bit each year because it lampoons what-ever is currently "hot" on Broadway. There is a four-person cast that is fabulous -- wonderful voices, great comedic timing -- accompanied by a terrific piano man. You'll get spangles and feathers and neck-braces (oh, my) and some slightly dirty jokes, but nothing that you couldn't let a middle schooler skate past. We went with my grown daughter and her roommate and had a blast. Discount seats are available from www.playbill.com and other discount web sites. This is the musical for people who love musicals...and also for people who hate musicals! You'll all laugh and thoroughly enjoy yourselves.

Dress Code: Casual. Oh, they probably require shirts.
    :-)

Address: Douglas Fairbanks Theater

Directions: 42nd Street (but this is considered "Off Broadway")

2nd Row Center for $32/each!
    • Theater Travel