Map &

New York City Luxury Bus Tour and Harbor Cruise
From $109.00
Viator VIP: NYC Night Helicopter Flight and Statue of Liberty Cruise
From $249.00

Asia de Cuba - CLOSED Tips (10)

Asia de Cuba (Closed): Great place for a VT Meeting (Closed)

The "communal table" at Asia de Cuba is where to be seated at. There is a party scene vibe to enjoying your meal with a bunch of other diners. G_G was coming to NYC and wanted to host a small vt meeting and I suggested this place. WE had such a great time, eating, drinking and just getting to know eachother.

Favorite Dish We decided to order quite a few dishes to share with the group. Everything we did order was fantastic. We had calamari salad, a very "rare" steak salad, an exotic Cuban crispy fish dish, and of course DESSERT!

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Mar 27, 2015

Asia de Cuba: Don't miss this Latin and Asian infusion!

Once you get a load of the decor at this place and the ambience, you realize it is one of New York's most perennially hip restaurants, Guests are doubly impressed at how good the food is. The theme is Asia meets Cuba (or at least Latin cuisine generally), but nothing feels forced. Dishes are served family style -- great for large groups. Everything is excellent! I went with a group at work so we got to sample many things.

Favorite Dish The honey rum pork and the steak dish are amazing!

seamandrew's Profile Photo
Mar 20, 2004

Asia de Cuba: Don't Believe the Hype of this Restaurant

When Asia de Cuba first opened a few years back, my friends and I would frequent the bar and the lounge areas often. We sat for dinner a few times as well.

The decor is exotic and very beautiful. The realistic waterfall is calming and somehow it works perfectly with the hustle and bustle of this place.

I have to tell you the last time I went I was disappointed; the ambience was totally off and the staff and menu lacked luster.

I could think of at least ten more places with the same mixed fusion cuisine and style that is much better!

AliasGirl's Profile Photo
Aug 26, 2004

Asia de Cuba: New York City *SWANK* Bar and Restaurant

It's a definite "party scene" when you're seated at the "communal table" at Asia de Cuba.

Everything we ordered from the menu was superb. The key to ordering is to do it "family style" and share your dishes. We had calamari salad, a very "rare" steak salad, an exotic Cuban crispy fish dish, and we couldn't resist DESSERT!

Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
May 27, 2003
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near New York City

130 Duane Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States
85 West Broadway, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
52-54 W 36th Street, 10018
55 Church Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
2 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Asia de Cuba: Geisha serves DESSERT!

The dishes were huge.....and this includes the dessert!

We ordered a delicious coconut cream cake and a scoop of coconut ice cream on the side. Amongst all five of us at dinner, we couldn't even finish the dish!

The dessert was as decadent as the "Geisha" holding the dish!

Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
May 27, 2003

Asia de Cuba - CLOSED: When Size Matters....

This restaurant is located on Madison right next to the Morgans hotel. I once read this place is packed with those on the A list, the it list, and those wanting to be on a list. And let me tell you. That remark is dead on. Except when we VTers are around.
It is a family style setting in that the portions are huge and meant to be shared.

Favorite Dish I was very impressed with the food. I know I need to stop saying that about the food when I go to VT meetings but it really is true. Whenever we have a VT dinner we find the best places to eat.
That said my favorite part of the meal was the Calamari Salad. I have never liked calamari before but this salad just said it all to me. I have since searched it out elsewhere but this is where it all started for me. Also the chicken dish on the entree menu was very good.
Also be sure to check out the desserts here. See Geisha_Girl's page for a pic of the cake we had.

cjg1's Profile Photo
Apr 09, 2012

Asia de Cuba: Dont miss the calamari salad

Must have a reservation! You can come here for drinks at the bar, but to eat here any night of the week, you must have a reservation! THe atmosphere is really brilliant, this ian shrager restaurant has amazing food.

Favorite Dish The tuna tartare is delicious, as are all of the drinks and desserts. My favorite is the calamari salad, this huge salad, with everything you can imagine. BAnanas, it has it all.

meaganelizabeth's Profile Photo
Aug 24, 2005

Asia de Cuba: A great New York restaurant

This restaurant is what you think a restaurant in NYC should be like, really trendy ambiance and decor, plus interesting, different food. If you want to experience at least one night of NYC dining, this one is a great pick!

Favorite Dish Grilled Ahi tuna and Thai pepper salad!!

monicarc's Profile Photo
Nov 27, 2005

Top 5 New York City Writers

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

cjg1's Profile Photo

"NYC: Everyday, Something new."
shutterlust's Profile Photo

"I Heart New York."
toonsarah's Profile Photo

""I want to be a part of it ...""
Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo

". : New York City : ."

Asia de Cuba: Nice experience

This is a very interesting experience, we didnt have a reservation but they had a space in a livig room for us, the place was magnific, decoration very stylish, a lot to see, mixture of furniture and colors, as always ( Philippe Starck ) the designer, did it right, doing something different, with he´s signature.

Favorite Dish We did not eat dinner, we have appetizers, we love a fusion of spicy crab,

jpizquierdo's Profile Photo
May 09, 2006

Asia de Cuba: Fusion Done Right

Asia De Cuba is a great place to go with a few people, as the portions are really big and the more people that go, the more you can taste! This is a fusion restaurant, specializing in a combination of Cuban and Asian food (as the name suggests). A few years ago it was a really hot spot to go and it was really difficult to get a table- now, it is probably a little easier, but a reservation is probably still a good idea. The atmosphere is really trendy and hip. There is an upstairs and a downstairs, lots of hip neon lighting and a great rum bar. There is also a communal dinning table in the middle of the restaurant, though there are also private tables. You cannot go wrong ordering a rum drink from this place. I have spent several happy birthdays here and I will always recommend it to people visiting New York as I think it is really tasty and has great atmosphere. I have never heard of anyone being dissatisfied with their experience. It is a bit pricey, but certainly not as bad as some New York restaurants. Dress is casual, but cleaned up- in other words, I would try to look kind of nice, but we're not talking suit and tie here.

Favorite Dish The Bay of Pigs Dessert
The Lobster Mash Potatoes

kidkilowatt's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Things To Do Near New York City

City Tours - CityPass

We purchased a 7day pass online through the Qantas site which offered a discounted price. The pass allows you to go to the front of the line and save money along the way. There are a number of tourist...

African Burial Ground National Monument

During excavation for a new office building, in lower Manhattan, a burial ground of about 400 slaves was unearthed, and digging quickly stopped. Some 200 bodies still remain buried here, and in its...

Manhattan Municipal Building

Located near the Brooklyn Bridge as a gateway to the financial district, The Muni, as it is often called by New Yorkers, was one of the first skyscrapers built in Manhattan and the first to...
Things to Do

The Tribeca Open Artist Studio Tour was founded as a non-profit, artist-run organization with the mission to empower the working artists of Tribeca while providing an educational opportunity for the...

Ground Zero - World Trade Center

We walked over here and sat for a while after walking around the 9/11 Memorial. It was a gorgeous and warm afternoon and the breeze off the water was welcoming and refreshing. Directly across from us...

National September 11 Memorial

I tell most people what the volunteers at the museum told me - if you visit New York frequently, consider getting the membership. I wanted to see everything while I was there, but for myself and many...

Getting to New York City

237 Madison Ave. New York City

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!