Pig 'n' Whistle, New York City

Our girl Nathalie

• illtryanythingonce's Profile Photo

Pig N Whistle: Try this for a quick bite

by illtryanythingonce Written Jan 1, 2011

The usual Irish Pub - has a small downstairs with large bar, but can go upstairs if the lower level is too busy. Watch some football, have a few Guiness's and some pub food. Fun place - location is just right if you are in Times Square.

Favorite Dish: The beer. Food is good but maybe a bit pricey - save your dinner dollars for another place, but stop in for some "suds". There are lots of Irish pubs in NYC - this one has a great location.

Address: 165 W 47th

Directions: Times Square - 47th St between 6th & 7th Ave

Website: http://pignwhistlets.com

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Pig N Whistle: Mini VT Meet with Nathalie B

by cjg1 Written Nov 13, 2008

One of my favorite people, Nathalie B was in ew York for a short visit. Liz, David (newyorkerman) and I met up with Nathalie at the Pig n Whistle for some food and drinks. The place is crowded without being overbearing. The food and service were both good.

We had fun after our meal listening to the awful band and having fun. Liz and Nat were busy requesting songs for them to "butcher", I mean play.

Favorite Dish: Liz and I were hunger but not starving so we decidd to split an order of sliders and some spinach dip. Both were very good especially the sliders. David had a steak salad which looked incredible. I'm not sure what Nat and her two friends had but one of them had mussels which looked and smelled great.

Liz of course wantd dessert so she had the warm apple pie a la mode. I had the cheesecake which was good but not the best I have had. David had the pecan pie.

Address: 165 West 47th Street

Phone: 212 302-0112

Website: http://www.pignwhistlets.com

Liz & I enjoying a night of fun Apple Pie & Ice cream Cheesecake Pecan Pie Our girl Nathalie

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Pig 'n' Whistle: A place were VTers meet

by Nathalie_B Updated Mar 11, 2006

I suddenly realized that Pig 'n' Whistle is not among my restaurant tips. How come?? We had plenty of VT meetings here, and people liked the place.

It is a very nice Irish bar-restaurant which I highly recommend for meeting friends for a lovely evening.
    Before you go there click HERE

Address: 922 Third Ave

Directions: Between 55 and 56 Streets

With Andy, Ade, and Andrea

• W1AB's Profile Photo

Pig 'n' Whistle: Even Santa stops at the Pig 'n' Whistle

by W1AB Updated Dec 23, 2006

A good Irish pub.

Favorite Dish: We go to the P&W to enjoy the cider! The appetizer sampler is a meal unto itself, and very good.

Address: 922 Third Ave