map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Brooklyn Bridge Guided Bike Tour
"This 2-hour tour takes you up in the air above New York City! The entire New York Harbor will be visible including the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Staten Island the port of Brooklyn and several miles of the New Jersey coastline. Descend into Brooklyn seeing NYC’s Financial District from across the river followed by historic houses of Brooklyn Heights. You will return over the bridge
From $49.00

New York City Luxury Bus Tour and Harbor Cruise
"Your experience will begin by boarding a state-of-the-art luxury vehicle. You will be greeted by a licensed professional NYC tour guide and start your adventure to get to know the city of New York.During the tour you will find out information abo the Metropolitan Museum of Art Grand Central Terminal Madison Square Park Wall Street the 9/11 Memorial and more. Continue your experience on a 1-hour guided sightseeing cruise of New York Harbor. Take in the city's most amazing views as you admire the famous Manhattan skyline passing iconic New York attractions including the Statue of Liberty
From $109.00

New York Harbor Hop-on Hop-off Cruise including One World Observatory Ticket
"After departing from Pier 79 in Midtown the cruise will stop at Battery Park a short walk from One World Observatory where you have timed admission. Your hop-on hop-off ticket is valid for one day allowing you to design your own sightseeing itinerary for your trip to the Big Apple. Hop on and off as often as you want and enjoy informative and amusing commentary as you go! The boats will give you up-close views of the Statue of Liberty Ellis Island
From $58.00

SERENDIPITY 3, Tips (32)

SERENDIPITY 3,: Love this place!!

I love this place even though the wait is ridiculous. We took our Cali peeps who are visiting nyc for the first time- Yes, it's popular because of the movie and most people come here for the dessert.The food is actually decent and the servings are huge. Plan on sharing and definitely save room for dessert!!

NancyA31's Profile Photo
NancyA31
Jul 03, 2015

Serendipty 3, New York: Dont forget your wallet

The food is very over rated especially considering the prices. However the surroundings are really nice and that is what makes the experience.

There booking system is shocking, they don't seem to be aware of modern technology your choices are either ring them or stand outstand the restuarant an 1-2hours before hand and hope you can get in. God help you if try and email a booking the only response you get is you have to ring a bit hard if live in another country.

Favorite Dish Food wise nothing really stood out.

They are famous for their ice cream sundae but it is not my thing.

shargale
Dec 11, 2011

Serendipity: Dont miss the chicken casserole

I love this place. The chicken casserole is amazing and so is the service. Im not a chocolate lover but the frozen hot chocolate looks relly good. My little sister loves it!!!! The manager is a very nice woman and one of my good friends. If you are coming to get desert get the cheese cake sunday.

Debbie if you read this we hope to see you sooon

Love,
Jack and the rest of the Daileys

Favorite Dish Chicken Casserole

jackadagabz
Aug 16, 2011

Serendipity 3: Are you kidding me?! This place is filthy

This place is so over-hyped it is ridiculous. If you want a sweet, stop by Dylan's (also over-hyped and overpriced, but at least it is clean). This place gets a lot of press with its gold flaked desserts, but what people don't remember was that this place was shut down due to rat and bug infestation. I know Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate is very tempting, but dine here at your own risk.

The Serendipity up in Boston is much better managed and clean.

krismsong's Profile Photo
krismsong
Apr 12, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near New York City

130 Duane Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States
85 West Broadway, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
Hotels
95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
52-54 W 36th Street, 10018
55 Church Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
2 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Serendipity 3: very rude lady at the front

I'm afraid I do not have an opinion on the supposedly-lovely dessert of this place since we were not given the chance to enjoy it. I know that people should book a table in this restaurant because it is small and very popular. However, in case you don't happen to book a table in advance, that doesn't mean that you will be shouted at and be treated rudely, right? It was Tuesday at noon and we were in the neightbourhood, so my husband and I decided to try their delicious ice-cream. Sadly, there was a very RUDE old lady who not only shouted at us for not booking, she also said "give me your names, sit there and wait". Never before had we been treated in a more rude and bad way. Of course we left. We were very polite to her, we were tourists and we did nothing wrong. We just kindly asked if there was a table available. We are regulars in NY but we will never set foot there again.

mariahc1's Profile Photo
mariahc1
Mar 21, 2011

Serendipity 3: Not too friendly

Take care, the prices are high for what the food is. Some of the staff, especially the guy who arranges the seating arrangements on the day is very rude and unhelpful. Have been there several times but this time walked away after waiting outside for over half an hour because of this guy's rudeness. Wasn't going to pay high prices after being spoken to like a piece of dirt. You have been warned!!!!!! There are just as good places around. The staff play on the popularity and the fact that celebreties go there.

Favorite Dish Nothing special

newyorkfan
Oct 25, 2010

Serendipity: Desserts are great

The food in this restaurant is little bit over priced but for desserts i find this is the best place in NYC.
Dont miss this restaurant while vacationing in New york

Favorite Dish GUINNESS WORLD RECORD
Golden Opulence Sundae $1,000.00

mathewturk
Jun 27, 2010

Serendipity: You don't have to wait!

I've been to this restaurant several times, but never for regular food, only for desserts. I'm sure the regular food is good, but the wait is waaaay too long, even on a weekday, even when the weather is so horrible you can't imagine why anyone would wait on line. What I have (almost) always done is have a light dinner with a couple of friends, have a couple of drinks, arrive at Serendipity after midnight, and attack one of the desserts. Honestly, I can't imagine how anyone could eat there and still have room for the best part!
Strawberry Fields is my absolute favorite. Frozen Hot Chocolate is great too, but for all the hype it gets, it's a little disappointing when you get it and it's basically a frozen choocolate slushie. If you're really into chocolate, they have another chocolate desert that comes with hot fudge and chocolate cake...amazing. This place is not to be missed!

Favorite Dish I think it's called Strawberry Fields...a mountain of rich and creamy strawberry ice cream, layered with delicious cheesecake, fresh strawberries, and strawberry syrup. Topped off with fresh whipped cream. This is one of the best, most decadent deserts I have ever had in my life.

noemismith's Profile Photo

Gypsystravels

"A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"NYC: Everyday, Something new."
shutterlust's Profile Photo

shutterlust

"I Heart New York."
toonsarah's Profile Photo

toonsarah

""I want to be a part of it ...""
Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo

Christophe_Ons

". : New York City : ."

Serendipity: Famous New York Dining Spot

Serendipity is a New York landmark. When in New York, you can't miss visiting this restaurant. It is over-rated and touristy, but it is famous because they have established themselves uniquely long ago when others have not thought about the "frozen hot chocolate" and other goodies. So, why not try it when you're in town to check it out yourself?

I received great service. My waiter was highly skilled, efficient and pleasant. I will definitely go back to Serendipity when the opportunity arises again.

I suggest to go there early (before the lunch/dinner peak periods) as this tiny place gets packed quickly.

Favorite Dish The frozen hot chocolate, yummy sundaes, other mouth-watering desserts, and other good ol' American fare (e.g., chicket pot pie, etc.).

risse73's Profile Photo
risse73
Mar 20, 2008

Serendipity: Family UNfriendly

Although we have been to Serendipity in the past for dessert and found it pleasurable, we had a very unsweet experience when we recently tried to go with our toddler.
First they told us we had to leave the stroller outside (in the rain) and then off-handedly mentioned that it was at our own risk... When I said We didn't' seem to have much of a choice, the host made a snippy noise and rolled his eyes.
When we were given our table I asked for a high chair and was told they had none. We had to leave.
I was pretty suprised that a place serving up burgers and ice cream sundaes wouldn't cater more to the family crowd or at least not discriminate against us by not having the basics (ex: high chair or somewhere to store a folded stroller other than on a stoop outside in the rain)

Very unsatisfied.

nymommy
Oct 24, 2007

Serendipity: Worst Customer Service Ever!!!

After hearing Oprah's glowing review of Serendipity 3 we decided to make a stop on our recent trip to NY. The front desk staff were extremely rude and unfriendly. I was standing there right in front of them and they would not acknowledge me at all. I had to ask if I could please get on the list. And they acted like I was putting them out. There were actually people calling on the phone to complain (several while we were standing there) and the front desk staff were laughing and making fun of them. The male host was also making rude comments about the busboys. And I saw him treat another customer so rudely it was honestly hard to believe. Several of us in line were shaking our heads and rolling our eyes at one another. The manager was an older woman (reminded me of Roz from Monsters Inc.) and she was also so unfriendly. We wanted to leave but after waiting for 45 minutes I was not leaving without the damn frozen hot chocolate!!! It took us a good 15 minutes to be greeted by our waiter and the service was lukewarm at best. We also were told there was an $8.50 minimum per person, which we were not happy about, but we went ahead and ordered 2 frozen hot chocolates instead of the one we wanted to split. One ended up going completely to waste. I have to say the dessert was delicious, but I would never step foot in this place again. I am sure Oprah has brought them tons of business and maybe it has gone to their head now. I honestly have never been treated so rudely in my life in a restaurant. The manager was really rude to my children and told them they needed to be quiet and behave in her establishment when they were not acting up in the first place. If you are dying to try the frozen hot chocolate you can order it on line and make it at home. Don't waste your time going to this over-hyped place where I can guarantee you will be treated like garbage. Life is too short!!

tomuchjunkmail
Jul 28, 2007

Serendipity: Don't waste time and money!

I was recently in NY and decided to give Serendipity a try. It is one of those places you hear about that was great but I believe that was back in the day. Upon arriving I was told an hour and a half wait and this was at midnight. We were finally seated upstairs where the table was dirty and the roof above us was peeling off. It was all in all rather dirty. We saw the size of the desserts and had heard about the amazing hot chocolate so the three of us opted for hot chocolate all around as it was now 1:30 a.m. and the air conditioning was freezing. The waiter came and we tried to order but were told that there was a $8.50 minimum (the hot chocolate is $4.50) but all they were serving was desserts. We were appalled as the rude host or manager in our hour and a half wait never mentioned this nor were there signs posted. The only way you were told that was by a little note in the middle of the menu (very hard to see amongst all the design). We asked to speak to the manager and she came over and stated it was on the menu but we stated that it is late at night and you are only allowing us to order desserts. She condescendingly replied that this was the way it is and that if you did not like it you should leave. We explained how a sign needed to be put up but you could tell that was never going to happen. The fact is that they want you to wait anywhere from 1-3 hours and by the time you are seated down for desserts only you fin d this out and just order stuff that you may not eat since you waited so long. We noticed at another table they too had ordered hot chocolates and other desserts. The hot chocolate was gone but the massive sundaes were left untouched.
Needless to say, we left and will never be going back. With a dirty environment, rude hostess and manager(never treated so bad and I am a paying customer), long waits and lack of information about the limit when it is desserts only I will never recommend this place to anyone.

mkotzian
Jun 25, 2007

Things to Do Near New York City

City Tours - CityPass

We purchased a 7day pass online through the Qantas site which offered a discounted price. The pass allows you to go to the front of the line and save money along the way. There are a number of tourist...

African Burial Ground National Monument

During excavation for a new office building, in lower Manhattan, a burial ground of about 400 slaves was unearthed, and digging quickly stopped. Some 200 bodies still remain buried here, and in its...

Manhattan Municipal Building

Located near the Brooklyn Bridge as a gateway to the financial district, The Muni, as it is often called by New Yorkers, was one of the first skyscrapers built in Manhattan and the first to...

Tribeca

The Tribeca Open Artist Studio Tour was founded as a non-profit, artist-run organization with the mission to empower the working artists of Tribeca while providing an educational opportunity for the...

National September 11 Memorial

I tell most people what the volunteers at the museum told me - if you visit New York frequently, consider getting the membership. I wanted to see everything while I was there, but for myself and many...

Ground Zero - World Trade Center

We walked over here and sat for a while after walking around the 9/11 Memorial. It was a gorgeous and warm afternoon and the breeze off the water was welcoming and refreshing. Directly across from us...

Getting to New York City

Address

225 E 60th St., New York, NY 10022

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map