Map &

Viator VIP: NYC Night Helicopter Flight and Statue of Liberty Cruise
From $249.00

Century 21 Tips (43)

Century 21: Upscale Discount Shopping

Century 21 Department Store is a legend in NYC offering top designer merchandise at reduced prices. With up to 65% off retail 100% of the time, anyone truly can afford to look great anytime. I like the men's department, housewares, lingerie, cosmetics and perfumes, luggage, electronics, shoes and if I have patience tackle the women's department covering many floors. There are many tourists speaking every imaginable language, There are usually huge lines to try on clothing in the dressing room, so I go early in the morning, late in the evening or to an outer boro. I have their gold card so can move onto an express VIP line which moves very quickly.

Besides facing Ground Zero, Century is also located:

Lincoln Square near Lincoln Center -
1972 Broadway, New York, NY 10023 (bet. 66th & 67th)

Bay Ridge, Brooklyn -
472 86th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11209

Rego Park, Queens -
61-35 Junction Blvd, Rego Park, NY 11374

Yes, they're opening this year in the SawGrass Mall, Florida

What to buy Designer handbags, shoes, cosmetics, fragrances, mens womens & children's clothing, lingerie, housewares, luggage, bed & bath & gifts ...

What to pay Items discounted approximately 65% from retail.

apbeaches's Profile Photo
Jan 11, 2016

Century 21: Sooooo busy - be prepared for the crowds!

I have to say I didn't really like this store it was far too busy! and alot of the stuff in there looked like junk to me. I am sure if you are prepared to use your elbows and fight to save $20 on a purse then you might just get a bargain!

Tip: if you want to go get there as soon as it opens at 7.45am

It will not be an experience I will be repeating and I am a seasoned shopper - but life is too short to spend time wandering around a shop for hours when i may not even get anything!

What to buy well apparantly loads of bargains but you have to have the patience (which I don't!) to hunt for stuff.

What to pay cheap cheap cheap!!!!

clareabee's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Century 21: Bargains galore!

Century 21 is situated opposite Ground Zero and sells lots of goods at bargain prices. Perhaps not as a big a name as the other department stores but worth going to if you want designer gear but can't afford Fifth Avenue prices.

What to buy Shoes. I got myself a pair of Miss Sixty trainers for probably half of what they would cost in the UK. DKNY stuff is also popular as my boyfriend got some t-shirts for a good price.

What to pay Less than other department stores.

clueless83's Profile Photo

Century 21: Must do shopping at Century 21

when we got to New York, the first thing we requested was to go to woodberry factory outlet to do some best buy shopping for pasalubong. but since my husband's friends have all been living in New York for decades already, they were very wise enough to advise us not to splurge too much on those factory outlets for we will go see Century 21. Boy the place is a mecca of everything that is discounted! (or maybe it's just a holiday since it's memorial day?) ha ha ha ha... all shoes & clothes are not taxed but everything else are. almost all brands are there! i was too engrossed on the sale that I end up being reprimanded by my husband for buying a few things which are not on our budget. he he he he... :) anyways, they have a lot of branches all over new york but the one we shopped was located I think near ground zero. according to my husband's friends, there would be a lot more to choose from the branch in brooklyn if you're not into hip hop clothes which black mostly buy in that area. can't wait to go back there and i will surely spend more this time and ship it through a balikbayan box because it would cost more if i buy those things here in pinas!

What to buy anything! clothes, shoes, bags, belts, wallets etc

What to pay you can buy a pair of boss shoes at around $50, lacoste bag at $30-$60, RL bag for $25, RL shoes at $25-$40. triple or more the worth there & that's how much it would cost if you buy them here in manila

malakingtete's Profile Photo
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near New York City

130 Duane Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States
85 West Broadway, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
52-54 W 36th Street, 10018
55 Church Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
2 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Century 21: Discount Shopping at its best

Century 21 advertises itself as New York's best kept secret but on the contrary its just the opposite. If you are planning to go get there early as it can be a real madhouse. I purchased a nine west handbag for a fraction of what it would cost in London. I also bought some accessories from the childrens clothing range upstairs. The designer stock changes on a regular basis so buy what you want when you see it. I am not convinced the perfume is that much cheaper but I did not price it anywhere else. Do remember you will be charged sales tax of 8.375% on top of your purchases.

You may need to hunt for what you want but there are some fantastic bargins to be had on this high end couture line - Happy shopping

jo104's Profile Photo

Century 21: Brand names for less

Century 21 is a discount department store. It's really cheap comparing to regular department stores but it seems a bit more expensive comparing to Marshalls. There is no Marshalls, which is another discount department store, in Manhattan but there are some in NJ, Brooklyn or Queens.

They all have great prices even for Americans not talking about Europeans who have to pay extra for buying designer clother at home. But you have to prepare yourself for a real mess and digging in the bunch of clothes, still, it's worth it.

Maggies's Profile Photo

Century 21: good buys for less

Wear comfortable shoes, get there early and go with an open mind, as you won't find exactly what you expect to buy/find..... Husband's/partners can tour the financial district while you shop, as there isn't anywhere to sit... Be prepared to wait at least 1/2 hour+ to get into the fitting room.

What to buy You will find everything and anything to wear and accessories.. for less than most other stores in NYC.

What to pay $200 - $500 USD

sharpo's Profile Photo

Century 21: clothes in New York

real value here

What to buy basically if your in the market for some well known branded clothes this is well worth a visit.
rain coats,suits casual gear all pretty cheap compared to european prices

What to pay 300 dollars for a designer suit, probalby less if you look around

Top 5 New York City Writers

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

cjg1's Profile Photo

"NYC: Everyday, Something new."
shutterlust's Profile Photo

"I Heart New York."
toonsarah's Profile Photo

""I want to be a part of it ...""
Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo

". : New York City : ."
View Member

Century 21: The best shopping place in NYC!

The best price in all you can think of item, even better compared to outlets! Visit again and again as stocks change almost everyday!

What to buy Designer bags and wallets, perfumes, belts and accessories, shoes, NYC souvenirs, and travel bags and luggage.

What to pay You are expected to spend as much as 70% off or more on great items! You'd never have to leave New York to shop!

boolateh's Profile Photo

Century 21: Go at off hours

This is a great store where you can find bargains on all sorts of designer items...but be prepared for chaos! Go during off hours or first thing in the morning and avoid this place on the weekend if you can help it. Located right across from the site of the former World Trade Center ("Ground Zero"), this place can get jammed.

jlynyc's Profile Photo

Century 21: You find everything and in huge quantities

The place is a huge sale! You fing a lot lot lot lot lot of things to buy, even if they are new collections in cheaper prises.But the point is there are lot of things that are from former season easy to wear that have up to 75% off!!!
The department has 3 floors and who will need at least 4 hours to say you saw half of the cloths.
I got in at 9.00am and got out in 1.30pm and had bought about 30 pieces for about 420$-450$!!
You should give it a try...

What to buy Everything from babies,kids, men and women, haute couture, casual, daily, swimming-suits, shoes, leathers, you will find everything...

thanalik's Profile Photo

Century 21: Century 21

This is for the man of the house:
My daughter and I were visiting colleges last summer when we stumbled into this store.
(Its next to the WTC ground zero site) We had been in the West Village shops the day before but did not buy anything as she did not want to blow her entire trip budget on 1 or 2 items. She went crazy in this store. She's 17 and apparently designer name brand recognition is a standard feature on teenage girls. She got her mother on the phone and they double teamed me into letting her stock up on bargains.
Over a 3 day period we crammed in about 2+ hrs a day at that store. We shipped 4 packed boxes of clothes home and my total bill was about $1,200. (If you've ever shopped with a daughter searching for a special occasion dress you will be lucky to only drop $300 -$500 at the local mall, before the shoes and accessories)
I can attest that in the months that followed that trip she was the envy of her friends back home. And I was constantly reminded that the blah blah jeans she bought in New York for $40 are at our mall today for $100. We live in a small Texas city and the NYC bargain buys had not even hit our area at full retail.

What to buy TIP: Go to the US Post Office around the corner and they will sell you a large box and all supplies needed to pack and ship your purchases home. ( Or more likely, she'll ship back the clothes she brought with her and wear her new stuff back home.) Either way you don't have to lug it back thru airports.
Pack it, seal it, lapel it, right there in the Post Office and for about $21.00 + $5.00 Insurance
(our average box) you are done. 1 of the boxes beat us home. I think 50# is maximum but that's not an issue with clothes.

Things To Do Near New York City

City Tours - CityPass

We purchased a 7day pass online through the Qantas site which offered a discounted price. The pass allows you to go to the front of the line and save money along the way. There are a number of tourist...

African Burial Ground National Monument

During excavation for a new office building, in lower Manhattan, a burial ground of about 400 slaves was unearthed, and digging quickly stopped. Some 200 bodies still remain buried here, and in its...

Manhattan Municipal Building

Located near the Brooklyn Bridge as a gateway to the financial district, The Muni, as it is often called by New Yorkers, was one of the first skyscrapers built in Manhattan and the first to...
Things to Do

The Tribeca Open Artist Studio Tour was founded as a non-profit, artist-run organization with the mission to empower the working artists of Tribeca while providing an educational opportunity for the...

Ground Zero - World Trade Center

We walked over here and sat for a while after walking around the 9/11 Memorial. It was a gorgeous and warm afternoon and the breeze off the water was welcoming and refreshing. Directly across from us...

National September 11 Memorial

I tell most people what the volunteers at the museum told me - if you visit New York frequently, consider getting the membership. I wanted to see everything while I was there, but for myself and many...

Getting to New York City

22 Cortlandt Street

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!