Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Brooklyn Bridge Guided Bike Tour
"This 2-hour tour takes you up in the air above New York City! The entire New York Harbor will be visible including the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Staten Island the port of Brooklyn and several miles of the New Jersey coastline. Descend into Brooklyn seeing NYC’s Financial District from across the river followed by historic houses of Brooklyn Heights. You will return over the bridge
From $49.00

New York City Luxury Bus Tour and Harbor Cruise
"Your experience will begin by boarding a state-of-the-art luxury vehicle. You will be greeted by a licensed professional NYC tour guide and start your adventure to get to know the city of New York.During the tour you will find out information abo the Metropolitan Museum of Art Grand Central Terminal Madison Square Park Wall Street the 9/11 Memorial and more. Continue your experience on a 1-hour guided sightseeing cruise of New York Harbor. Take in the city's most amazing views as you admire the famous Manhattan skyline passing iconic New York attractions including the Statue of Liberty
From $109.00

Viator VIP: NYC Night Helicopter Flight and Statue of Liberty Cruise
"Your adventure begins at the Downtown Heliport at Pier 6 when you board a luxury helicopter for a 15-minute helicopter flight. Your helicopter flight takes place after dark offering you views of the magnificent New York skyline lit up at night. Listen to your friendly pilot share fascinating facts and anecdotes as you spot some of the city's most famous sights. Marvel at sensational views of the Brooklyn Bridge and World Financial Center Chelsea Piers Time Warner Center and Ground Zero as well as New Jersey attractions such as the Goldman Sachs Tower Colgate Clock and Liberty State Park. After your helicopter ride
From $249.00

Macy's Tips (80)

Macy's Herald Square: This is Not Your Suburban Macy's

When I visited this store for the first time, it was really just to get out of the cold, but as I walked around, I couldn't believe it. It was like I was in a mall, but it was Macy's - all Macy's.

This location has all the high end brands of handbags and clothing designers. The shoe department is amazing. I live and work near the 2nd largest mall in the country - I have access to pretty much all of this stuff on a daily basis and I was still overwhelmed by how awesome this Macy's was.

What to buy Designer jeans or a handbag you've been stalking.

FatesWarn's Profile Photo
FatesWarn
Dec 30, 2015

Macy's Herald Square: Largest Macy Store in the World

the largest store in the world (not the largest mall ok!). Macy's is the Classic American Succes Story and their flagship store in Herald Square is purported to be the largest department store in the world (but is now overtaken since 2009 by a south korean department store called Shinshegae). The Building is now a historical landmark and is famous for the Annual Holiday Display Shows during december. It has 5 floors of shopping space and is a mecca for the shopping addicts from the world over who want to shop and buy items from this iconic store. Don't forget to bring your macy's card to get big discounts!

Opens: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm everyday

What to buy a lot (but for luxe items, go to it's company sister Bloomingdales or the rival of Sak's Fifth Avenue)

they have their in house branded products and they also sell a wide variety of products from around the world like perfumes and colognes (always have sales and free bags and other promos), shirts, apparel, leather goods, fashion, shoes and rubber shoes and a lot more.

What to pay maxx out your credit card

machomikemd's Profile Photo
machomikemd
Sep 05, 2014

Macy's: shopping @ Macy's

I had never been to NYC before; this was the first time. What a wonderful store and at Christmas, it was really "dressed for the occasion". Everything there that you could think of.

What to buy Everything that you can't find in your home store and that's a lot.

What to pay A little pricey, but what do you expect? It's the landmark store, the store of all stores.

muffinlover
Feb 02, 2012

Macy's: World's Largest Store

Macy's is a chain of U.S.mid to high department stores,in addition to its New York flagship store the company has over 800 stores throughout the U.S.Despite being advertised as the World's biggest store this is no longer the fact as the 'Shinsegae'store in South Korea now has that famous fact.Macy's was founded by 'Rowland Hussey Macy'in 1843 starting with a corner store or two and quickly expanded into neighbouring stores and promoted such devices as an indoor Santa Claus and big window displays to attract customers.Today Macy's is not only a department store and national brand but a popular tourist destination for both locals and tourists attracting millions every year.

What to buy Everything from cosmetics,clothes,baby items,toys,etc.

What to pay Mid to high range prices

mickeyboy07's Profile Photo
mickeyboy07
Nov 17, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near New York City

130 Duane Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States
85 West Broadway, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
Hotels
95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
52-54 W 36th Street, 10018
55 Church Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
2 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Macy's: Discounts at Macy's and the Visitor Centre

If you go to Macy's department store, they should have everything you need. You can get your discount by taking your passport to the Customer Service Desk and you can get a discount card. International shoppers can get a discount card good for 11% off most purchases at the Visitor's Center.

With dollar at $1.50 for £1 and the 11% discount, you can't really go wrong.

City Pass http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/66ac0/cd624/1/

Suet's Profile Photo
Suet
Mar 26, 2011

Macy's: shopping even if through the windows

Macy's is living proof that shopping in and of itself is an institution in New York City. A pioneer in the department store mode, the massive retail store is a must see for tourists as well as a heavily-utilized outlet for locals. It comes particularly alive during the Christmas season when not only the avalanche of shoppers give it a particularly strong holiday flair but also elicits memories of old Saint Nick from anyone who as seen A Miracle on 34th Street where Kris Kringle himself actually works for Macy's as Santa Claus, of course. If you haven't, by all means do before any visit to the City during the merry festivities.

Of course, there are many stores beyond Macy's like Saks Fifth Avenue and countless others. Even if you can't afford to actually shop in them, they are worth an extended peak especially during the Christmas season when they do most of their business for the year.

richiecdisc's Profile Photo
richiecdisc
May 24, 2010

Macy's: Macy's flagship store

Macy's Flagship store at Herald Square is a very popular shopping destination for visitors to New York City. Macy's Herald Square is well known for its Thanksgiving Day Parade, Holiday Window Displays, and Visits with Santa. Many visitors are impressed with the extensive sales and impressive array of merchandise at Macy's Herald Square. This store is according to the Guinness Book of Records the largest department store in the world with a sufrace of 198.500 square meters.

VonDutch's Profile Photo
VonDutch
Jan 26, 2010

Macy's: Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!

This department store is huge!! - there is no way you can explore everything even in a day so do what i did - make you way to the visitor department (with your passport) grab a 10% discount card and a store map!

Hint - if you are after a Coach handbag buy it here as it is the only place you get discount on it!

this store still has the wooden escalators and it is quite nice to see them as a change from the bog standard metal ones.

You can get whatever you want here but it is very busy and hot!
Most of the staff are really helpful and if you are lost just ask somebody.

Can be a bit overwhelming because of the size of the place - but there are plenty of places to stop for a coffee break so it isn't too bad :-)

What to buy Everything and anything!

We went at the end of November so picked up some christmas decorations - including the annual christmas ornament they do and also one of the macy's thanksgiving parade characters.

Handbag department is good - something for all budgets.....just remember that discount card

What to pay seems to be cheaper than the other department stores plus you have the added bonus of a discount card!

clareabee's Profile Photo

Gypsystravels

"A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"NYC: Everyday, Something new."
shutterlust's Profile Photo

shutterlust

"I Heart New York."
toonsarah's Profile Photo

toonsarah

""I want to be a part of it ...""
Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo

Christophe_Ons

". : New York City : ."
View Member

Macy's: Huge department store with all the designer labels

Macy's is one of my favorite deparment stores and was one of the first store credit cards I had when I was first married. They have locations in many cities throughout the United States. The best time to visit Macy's in my opinion is during their huge one days sales which occur at various times of the year.

I love all their departments but some of my favorite have to be their home and house department with huge selection of comforters, sheets, and towels. The children's department is also a favorite and I've been shopping here for over 25 years and it is where I always bought Kristara her baby clothing!!

The cosmetics and perfume department are amazing as well with all the major lines sold here. The handbag department is a great place to snag a designer bag as well.

But, my all time favorite department has to be the shoe department. With a huge selection of designer shoes, boots, sandals, and casual foot wear, it is where I do alot of my shoe shopping.

What To Pay: From inexpensive to expensive

What to buy Everything, its a department store. But I love buying their comforters, sheets and towels, cosmetics and perfume, handbags and of course shoes!!

I recently picked up some bathroom items and accessories for our new home while doing a bit of shopping with my sister here on 34th Street.

What to pay Anywhere from inexpensive to expensive

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Gypsystravels
Nov 24, 2009

Macy's: Very crowded!!

First of all, I love Macy's. The New York Macy's is SO HUGE, that even a seasoned shopper like me was overwhelmed. My only tip for you is to go early, as soon as they open. Otherwise, there are long lines to try on clothes and long lines to pay.

WhittierWasabi's Profile Photo
WhittierWasabi
Jul 03, 2009

Macy's: The world's largest store

If you're shopping in New York then you're bound to stop by Macy's. Macy's is huge. We went there twice and even though I thought I'd seen it all I still managed to find a section I didn't see on my first visit.

You may be able to pick up a free gift in Macy's with a voucher. I got a bag from the visitor centre.

One other thing I would mention is the lovely green haired lady at the Benefit make up counter. She somehow convinced me and my friend to get our make up done (in order to sell us something) and while I was purchasing a concealer from her she noticed my 21st birthday badge on my handbag and gave me a free eyeshadow! :-)

What to buy Macy's bags are quite popular and there are many different styles, perhaps not quite as famous as Bloomingdales brown bags but pretty cool all the same.

What to pay Spend as much or as little as you like. I personally found Macy's to be slightly cheaper than Bloomingdales but some of the girls I travelled with disagreed.

clueless83's Profile Photo
clueless83
Apr 13, 2009

Macy's: World’s largest department store?

We didn’t particularly come to New York to shop (it’s not Chris’s idea of a holiday and in any case the fast changing exchange rate made things less of a bargain than they had been in the past). But we couldn’t pass by Macy’s without checking out what claims to be the world’s largest department store. A New York institution since it first opened in the mid nineteenth century, Macy’s has occupied this prime spot on Herald Square since 1902. Although it is now a huge company with many outlets, this flagship store retains something of that sense of history, including the old wooden escalators from that time.

Macy’s also hosts a number of events during the year. We didn’t spot anything particular happening on this visit, but we still have special memories of the 1982 exhibition staged here – Touch the Moon at Macy’s. The star exhibit was a piece of moon rock which visitors were permitted to touch so I can genuinely claim to have touched the moon! Macy’s also of course sponsors the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade and other big annual events such as 4th of July fireworks.

What to buy We were coming towards the end of a long day’s sightseeing on this occasion so we had a fairly quick look round. But I did take the time to stock up on some of my favourite Clinique products as they were quite a bit cheaper than in the UK and a little less than Duty Free prices.

toonsarah's Profile Photo
toonsarah
Nov 13, 2008

Things to Do Near New York City

City Tours - CityPass

We purchased a 7day pass online through the Qantas site which offered a discounted price. The pass allows you to go to the front of the line and save money along the way. There are a number of tourist...

African Burial Ground National Monument

During excavation for a new office building, in lower Manhattan, a burial ground of about 400 slaves was unearthed, and digging quickly stopped. Some 200 bodies still remain buried here, and in its...

Manhattan Municipal Building

Located near the Brooklyn Bridge as a gateway to the financial district, The Muni, as it is often called by New Yorkers, was one of the first skyscrapers built in Manhattan and the first to...

Tribeca

The Tribeca Open Artist Studio Tour was founded as a non-profit, artist-run organization with the mission to empower the working artists of Tribeca while providing an educational opportunity for the...

Ground Zero - World Trade Center

We walked over here and sat for a while after walking around the 9/11 Memorial. It was a gorgeous and warm afternoon and the breeze off the water was welcoming and refreshing. Directly across from us...

National September 11 Memorial

I tell most people what the volunteers at the museum told me - if you visit New York frequently, consider getting the membership. I wanted to see everything while I was there, but for myself and many...

Getting to New York City

Address

Broadway/34th Street

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Map