Map &

From $109.00
New York Harbor Hop-on Hop-off Cruise including One World Observatory Ticket
From $58.00

Macy's Tips (80)

Macy's: Get your discount coupon!!!

If you plan to shop at Macy's and you're from out of town, then make sure you head to the Visitors Services desk first to collect your discount coupon. You'll have to show proof of your visitor status, eg passport or driving licence.

Domestic visitors are eligible to receive a Welcome Savings Pass, which offers up to 11% savings in all Macy's stores nationwide for five days after validation (usually the first purchase). International visitors can receive the Welcome International Savings Card, which is available in 10 languages and offers 11% savings in all Macy's stores for 30 days after validation.

UKDaisy's Profile Photo
May 18, 2007

Macy's: Shop till you drop!

Nine floors. NINE. I'd never seen anything remotely like it.

Whatever it is you're looking for, you'll find it there - not necessarily at a price you'll like if you're on a budget. However, if you're in NYC for a shopping spree, this is the place!

Quartzy's Profile Photo
May 12, 2007

Macy's: If you must shop

The only thing that makes this place special it's the location in the middle of NYC, the size of it and atmosphere of holiday shopping frenzy.

What to buy So much to buy so little time.

What to pay Store is kind of like Wal Mart, but you get everything for more instead of less.

lubyatoo's Profile Photo
Feb 15, 2007

Macy's: Gotta Be Done

Possibly the most famous dept store after Harrods, if in NYC you have to visit this place.

Was not as big as I expected, nor were there bargains such as TV would have you believe. However, there are some good buys.

What to buy I got my sister some perfume reduced from over 300 dollar to around 30 dollar. So if you are buying smellies, its good place. The staff do tend to pounce on you, esp if they see you are looking to make some purchases

Jan 14, 2007
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near New York City

130 Duane Street, New York City, New York, 10013, United States
85 West Broadway, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
52-54 W 36th Street, 10018
55 Church Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States
2 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York, 10013, United States

Macy's: Macy's

Love to shop? This is the place for you!

Macy's is a chain of American department stores with its flagship store in New York City. This has been named the "world's largest store" since 1924.

There are several spots where you can stop for a bite to eat, including the Cellar - one of my faves.

What to buy Clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, and housewares

calgarykeener's Profile Photo
Dec 12, 2006

Macy's Department Store.: Shopping in the Big Apple.

The largest store in the world! Before you get out the plastic, get a directory of the store from the Information Desk because with 10 floors - you won't know where to start.

What to buy Designer clothes and accessories.

What to pay Less than you would pay in the UK for a start!!

onlinerep's Profile Photo
Dec 03, 2006

Macy's: discount

I am sure that this tip is somewhere on this site but just in case "you" have not read it , make sure that you got to the information stand at Macys as a tourist you are intitled to a discount card which gives you 10/15% off and that is on top of the other discounts running in the stores as well. all you need to get it is to show your passport or even an non amarican credit card

cloed's Profile Photo
Nov 07, 2006

Macy's: New York Macy is a MUST

Acclaimed to be World Largest store, I was quite suprise that Macy's is still using wooden made escalator (looks like in run down state) but was not apparently as new yorkers wanted to keep as it was before when first open.

Lots of choices similar like what you'll find in John Lewis or Selfridges in London. Prices are the main factor as things are cheap to compare in the UK. Downside is that, most sizes sold in this department is lack of choice on small size or tend to have more XL as everybody here in America is extreme large.

What to buy Ralph Lauren items is much more cheaper to compare the UK.

What to pay At least 15% prices different comparison of the UK

daryll's Profile Photo
Sep 12, 2006

Top 5 New York City Writers

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

cjg1's Profile Photo

"NYC: Everyday, Something new."
shutterlust's Profile Photo

"I Heart New York."
toonsarah's Profile Photo

""I want to be a part of it ...""
Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo

". : New York City : ."

Macy's: Macy's

Of course we had to visit Macy's while in New York City so one day we made our way to Broadway & 34th Street so we could visit the famous store. It didn't look so big to start with but inside it is really huge. They have just about anything you could want to buy at Macy's it seems...

What to buy We ended up buying some baby gifts for friends as well as some baseball hats in there.

CandS's Profile Photo
May 24, 2006

Macy's is the name of a chain of American department stores including a flagship store in New York City which has long been billed as the "world's largest."

What to buy Macy's offers everything from the latest designer fashions to Nintendo's Game Boy. Have lunch at one of the stores' several cafes after a hard day of shopping; I recommend a banana split at the Fountain Cafe in the children's department. A trip to Macy's wouldn't be complete without a visit to The Cellar, Macy's collection of gourmet shops in the basement.

PetraG's Profile Photo
Mar 14, 2006

Macy's: The world in one shop!

So many floors you can easily get lost in this mega-shop.

There are even places men can escape to when visiting Macy's, as if you are with any women, I'm sure they will want to stay there all day!

keen88's Profile Photo
Mar 11, 2006

Macy's: Macy's...not all its copped out to be!

Well from reading other people's pages and of course seeing it on soaps in the States, Macy's seemed like the perfect place to pick up a bargain! So having not seen it on my first trip there, therefore missing the window displays...I knew it was an absolute MUST to go see it on my return!

But when I entered, it felt just like a really old department store and everything looked quite messy on the hangers and shelves...nothing in any remote way wanted me to stay there and peruse the goods. In fact, the main reason we went in was because we needed to use the bathroom!The one thing I will say that they HAVE got going for them however, are the wooden floored escalators...they were really cool!

Please tell me if Im wrong, but I just couldn't get excited about it at all. But for those who would like to go there still after my not so positive account of the place, you'll be pleased to know that there are 13 floors, including a floor which is called 'one and a half' ! There are 10 different restaurants in here including the obligatory McDonalds and Starbucks and then some nicer places too!

And just for those of you who are interested, gift cards are available too for amounts from $10 - $10,000!!! Anyone want to be my friend?!

sugarpuff's Profile Photo
Feb 08, 2006

Things To Do Near New York City

City Tours - CityPass

We purchased a 7day pass online through the Qantas site which offered a discounted price. The pass allows you to go to the front of the line and save money along the way. There are a number of tourist...

African Burial Ground National Monument

During excavation for a new office building, in lower Manhattan, a burial ground of about 400 slaves was unearthed, and digging quickly stopped. Some 200 bodies still remain buried here, and in its...

Manhattan Municipal Building

Located near the Brooklyn Bridge as a gateway to the financial district, The Muni, as it is often called by New Yorkers, was one of the first skyscrapers built in Manhattan and the first to...
Things to Do

The Tribeca Open Artist Studio Tour was founded as a non-profit, artist-run organization with the mission to empower the working artists of Tribeca while providing an educational opportunity for the...

Ground Zero - World Trade Center

We walked over here and sat for a while after walking around the 9/11 Memorial. It was a gorgeous and warm afternoon and the breeze off the water was welcoming and refreshing. Directly across from us...

National September 11 Memorial

I tell most people what the volunteers at the museum told me - if you visit New York frequently, consider getting the membership. I wanted to see everything while I was there, but for myself and many...

Getting to New York City

Broadway/34th Street

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!