Favorite thing: Basically there are a few ways to pay lesser than others to enjoy the same great rides and fun in cedar point. I won't be quoting any prices as I think the prices change every season. Anyway these are the general tips.
1) If you have a group of more than 15 people, call in advance to make a group booking. Make sure u inform the marketing personnel if you have kids who qualify for the child price. (they go by height so check the height from the cedar point website)
2) If you are planning to stay in the area for more than 1 day, do get the Ride & Slide tics. Even if you don't intend to enter Soak City, the price of the Ride and Slide is still cheaper than getting 2 one-day tics. But this is unless u get a discounted one day tic. I will be discussing how u can do this later.
3) I'm not sure if this still works this year, but last year, u can bring a pepsi can and get 10 off admission. There are some pepsi cans printed with the discount details but last year they accepted pepsi cans even without the discount printed on it. No harm trying though!
4) Military personnel can also get huge discounts for themselves as well as their family.
5) AAA discounts are also available but only if you buy it from AAA itself.
6) There are many discount coupons out there.
-from the cedar point website
(take note they actually post really good discounts on their websites from time to time but many of these have some limits on the dates you can use it so take note of that.)
-some people get cedar point getaway guides sent to their homes. If I'm not wrong, they apply for that through the website as well. Cedar point even has a separate version of the guide sent to Canada so Canadians out there, go apply for it!!!
Ok that’s about it for now. I’ll update more when I think of it.
- Study Abroad
- Budget Travel
- Theme Park Trips
Favorite thing: My Favorite part of Sandusky is many but I remember my first trip to Cedar Point. My Friend and I got there the night before we went to Cedar Point. We camped at Bayshore Estates Campground about a mile from The Causeway to Cedar Point. I was like a little kid at Christmas , I couldn't wait to go there.
Favorite thing: Ride the Millenium Force! It is the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world (100' taller than the tallest before it was built). It is taller than the Statue of Liberty, 310' tall with a 90 degree drop and a speed of 93 mph. This is the baddest roller coaster ever!
Fondest memory: Going on the RipCord. RipCord is an 18-story Skycoaster™ ride that combines elements of skydiving, hang-gliding and free-fall-type ride experiences into one thrilling adventure. Guests will fly at almost 65 mph beneath its towering steel arch. Check it out
Favorite thing: Ride the 'Mantis' A stand up roller coaster, sure to give you a wild ride!
Fondest memory: The first time I went on The Mantis I screamed the whole way around. My muscles ached for holding on so tight, but now I am an old pro, I love the ride and I laugh the whole way through.
Favorite thing: How about a totally different carousel like ride that is fast and fun? Why do I ALWAYS have to ride this every time I've gone? Sixty-four horses race four-abreast around the track on the Cedar Downs Racing Derby, one of three carousels at Cedar Point. The horses move back and forth producing a racing effect. The momentum of the ride increases until it reaches a speed of approximately 15 mph. Riders must be at least 48' tall to ride the Cedar Downs Racing Derby.
Favorite thing: doesn't everyone love a Carousel? This amusement park classic takes riders on a gentle ride up-and-down and around on a beautifully carved steed. Chariot seating is also available. Located just inside the Main Gate. Riders must be at least 46' tall or accompanied by a responsible person to ride the Midway Carousel. Hand-held infants must ride in a chariot.
Favorite thing: GO to Cedar Point. It's awesome. They have a new roller coaster this year, the Millenium, though I haven't been on it yet. My favorites from previous trips have been
[The Magnum - awesome to ride at night]
[The Power Tower - so scary you might pee your pants].
I plan on going back next month. I'm very excited.
Favorite thing: Ive only been once for fireworks but they put on a great show. They also have a laser show that I haven't seen but hear its great.
Favorite thing: Take a ride on the 'Paddle Wheel Excursion'
Fondest memory: Relax, rest your weary feet, take a cruise on the river. See the park from a different view!
Favorite thing: See the Millenium Force, and if you dare, take a wild ride. I was too chicken to go on it!!!!!!maybe next time