Narragansett Travel Guide

Narragansett Things to Do

• DSwede's Profile Photo

The Towers

by DSwede Written Oct 19, 2014

The Narragansett Towers, or locally just "The Towers", are immediately recognizable when you reach the beach. The Tower, which spans over the road with a medieval archway, is the only remaining part of the 1883 Pier Casino which burnt after 17 years.

There is a restaurant and a couple tourist type shops here. The Towers also hosts a bar with music and occassional performances. The beaches are just a five minute walk along the promenade.

The Towers
    • Architecture

Narragansett Hotels

• Anchor Motel

We spent 6 nights at the Anchor Motel in mid-September and couldn't have asked for a more perfect...

• Scarborough Beach Motel

901 Ocean Road, Narragansett, Rhode Island, 02882, United States

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Couples

• Village Inn at Narragansett Pier Hotel...

1 Beach Street, Narragansett, Rhode Island, 02882, United States

8 River View Road, Narragansett, Rhode Island, 02882, United States

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Business

• The Richards

As shown on their website, the Richards B&B is a lovely old stone home in Narragansett. We booked...

Narragansett Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Crazy Burger: Burgers and more

by cjg1 Updated Mar 30, 2015

Our sole reason for stopping here was a show on the Food Network. My wife and I love watching Food Network and I so wanted to come here after seeing one of their burgers(the Fireworks Burger) featured on a show. So after a long weekend in Newport we decided to stop here for lunch before heading home to Connecticut.

It was the Brunch hour and the place was packed. We were fortunate to get the only available table in the small place. Our waiter gave us menus and left us alone to peruse the offerings. They have a large selection of breakfast and lunch offering with a large selection of burgers. This place also offers vegan and gluten free items for those with these particular dietery needs.

I knew what I wanted right off the bat; the Fireworks Burger. My wife wasn't too sure at first but went with some toast, homefries and a milkshake. The place has a small local joint feel and has friendly. My wife called it a crunchy, hippie type place.

My burger here was incredible good but way too much food. The flavors were amazing from the fennel rub on the meat, the gouda cheese, the onion rings and the spicy mayo. The bun was fresh and perfect for the burger. This was a definite hit with me. My wife liked her toast but found the milkshake too sweet. The homefires were not at all what she expected. They were little potato nuggets that were deep fried and way too greasy.

All in all; we'd go back again. My wife would just order differently.

The Fireworks Burger Vanilla Milkshake Homefries

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Aunt Carrie's: Local's Seafood

by DSwede Written Oct 19, 2014

Nearly 100 years ago, the original Aunt Carrie was on one of the family holidays to the coast when the family decided that there should be a restaurant catering to the rest of the beach goers. The restaurant was born.

There is a dine-in section of the restaurant, with servers catering to your table. There is also the take-out window. The prices might be slightly different between the two, but then again, you are paying for the slightly more formal dining experience and service.

This restaurant is seasonal, with operations closed for the winter.
    Open daily between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
    Open April/May/September only Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Favorite Dish: As would be expected along the New England coast, the seafood is the obvious choice. The full belly clams are good, but I warn that you may need to share between two people.

The fish (battered, grilled, etc.) smelled great. The lobster and crab was good too. I don't think you can make a bad choice.

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

Crazy Burger: Breakfast with a Hip Vibe

by cruisingbug Updated Sep 1, 2012

We went to Crazy Burger for breakfast - crazy! But they offered a truly wonderful b'fast in a great setting - all kinds of neat stuff hanging from the ceiling and on the walls, and of course, a high chair for baby! They're open year-round - breakfast is their main business actually during the school year as kids from URI hang out there.

Service was very good - Leah was friendly and attentive.

Favorite Dish: I'd never seen cinnamon roll French toast on a menu before so of course I had to have it! (I've since seen it on an IHOP commercial. Oh well.) It was very tasty - if you get it, immediately flip the toast over to get the swirly effect as you eat. Yum!
    Hubby had "Belgian" chocolate chip pancakes, his favorite. We're still not sure what made them Belgian, but they were excellent!

Visit #2 - still excellent 6 years later! This time I got the delicious Baja Beach Breakfast (for lunch!). Excellent selection of combine-your-own juices - I chose carrot-ginger but in retrospect shoulda had mango-pineapple-ginger maybe. Next time! Mega Berry Smoothie also was great.

Instant Answers: Narragansett

Comments

Narragansett Travel Guide

Map of Narragansett