Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private 45 Minute Downtown Nashville Horse and Carriage Tour
"Our popular 45 Minute Private Narrated Tour of Downtown Nashville has all the sites you will want to see in the Music City plus much more. This carriage tour will take you past some Nashvilles well known hotspots such as the 5 Star Hi The Hermitage Schermerhorn Symphony Center The Country Music Hall of Fame The Johnny Cash Museum Riverfront Park The Wild Horse Saloon as well as the famous Printers Alley where Jimi Hendrix got his start and became one of the greatest guitarist of all time. As we travel along our great city streets we will also pass by The Tennessee State Capitol
From $155.00

Live Nashville Walking Tour
"Start off at the center of Nashville's entertainment universe the corner of 5th and Broadway in front of Bridgestone Arena. See the oldest residence in the city of Nashville the legendary Ryman Auditorium original home of the Grand Ole Opry plus Tootsie's Orchid Lounge America's most famous honky tonk. Time-travel to the days before Prohibition and stop at Nashville's Silver Dollar Saloon on Broadway where drink
From $30.00

Downtown Nashville Segway Tour
"Begin your tour experience with an indoor Segway orientation session that lasts approximately 30 minutes. During your training you will watch a brief video that will introduce you to how the Segway operates. Each guest will be given one-on all guests are required to wear helmets which will be provided. Of course you are welcome to bring your own bike or skate helmet if you prefer. After training you will be asked to sign waivers. We ask that all guests wear flat comfortable shoes (open- or close-toed is acceptable).After your training session you will venture outside where staff members will assign you to your very own Segway. Each group member will receive your own radio and ear piece so that you can clearly hear your guide's safety instructions and narration of the tour. While outside history sports
From $82.00

Books Tips (5)

Elder´s Book Shop: "I´m in (book) Heaven!!"

THE Bookshop of a book collector´s dreams is Elder´s Bookshop on Elliston Avenue, off a right angle of West End Avenue. When I first walked in, I looked up and said, "I´m in heaven!" Lovely place, walk to walk books, floor to ceiling, antiques, rare, hard to find, obscure, dusty, cracking, yellowing, wonderful, beautiful books. Some are antique and coming apart, but also they have very well cared for books for sell. When the books come apart, well, they just sell the pages sheet by sheet: art and painting books, flower books, history with map books. I love the signs up all around the shop: "Please be quiet!", "Do not leave children unattended, the books are very delicate!" "Do not read long passages out loud as respect to others"! "Ask before handling these books!"

The caretakers were very knowledgeable and must have been working there a long time. You could ask for some rare book and back they go into the "Keep Out!" section and come back with a box of musty tomes. My special selections I found? A number of books printed in Berlin from 1823-1844, Hans Christian Anderson fairy tales, children´s books so wonderfully hand painted or drawn pictures, and one very old Russian books of poetry that I brought for my partner. The prices? Those ranged from 6,00 to 10,00 each, quite a bargain I thought. Though there were some old medical journals and children´s books like original Winnie the Pooh books that were 50,00 and more per book. I was happy with what I bought, plus a few bargains from the 1,00 baskets, Star Trek and historical romance.

This was my most favorite shop I have found in any travels. I stayed there for almost three hours not even realizing so much time had past, looking through old prints and rare books. Even I was still looking for certain books, the owner said he would ship if he found old German and Russian books I was interested in. Extremely nice place and fellow.

What to pay Prices vary depending on age of book, condition, etc.

grishaV1's Profile Photo
grishaV1
Sep 14, 2005

Border´s Book Sellers: Books With the "IN" Crowd

Sometimes its a great favourite past time for me, but only on the things I like or need, not just for the hell of it. Books are a passion, very great, and always a wonderful gift for my man who is a writer and poet. So naturally I went to bookshops.

Borders is very popular, lots of students around, families with children, singles, oh everyone, and they had a very wide selection of books like most bookstores of course, but it was rather boring to me. It is generic basically. You can get the latest fiction books, comics, children´s stories, CD´s and DVD´s, stop and have a cup of coffee and a sticky bun, and which the other browsers. I bought nice kitten and bunny books for Nika, her favorites.

The one we visited is at 2501 West End Avenue/615-327-9656, in a shopping complex with shoes places, and PF Chang´s Chinese Bistro, just across the street from Centennial Park. Traffic can be heavy, both with walkers and drivers, parking spaces can be hard to find. If you get a good space, its best idea to leave your car there and walk up and down the avenue visiting what you wish.

What to pay Average price for books I suppose, whatever is on the bar code, plus some discount areas as well.

grishaV1's Profile Photo
grishaV1
Sep 14, 2005

Metro News: World's Largest Adult Bookstore

The largest bookstore in the USA is situated off of highway TH I-40 in Nashville. On an exterior wall of the store there is a large, neon arrow pointing towards the store itself, visible from the highway. I'm not sure if the store is ranked largest in terms of floorspace or inventory, probably the latter. I came across a video entitled "Every girl wants two dicks." What can I say? It's true.

Metacognizant's Profile Photo
Metacognizant
Nov 29, 2003

Books: Fairytales Bookstore

Fairytales is just a few blocks from my home and during a jog (it was actually more like whimpering and walking) I came across this fun little store. Fairytales is filled with not just books but also toys, art supplies, and tiaras and tutus. I would have loved having a special little place like this around when I was a little rascal. Although I believe that with some more time on the treadmill and a little Bikriam yoga, I might be able to squeeze into the little pink tutu that I fell in love with on my last visit. Here's to having realistic goals!

In the few visits that I have made, I have purchased a set of Angelina Ballerina books for a friend who recently had a daughter and an adorable plush toy set for another little girl. All the prices were more than reasonable and the employees were friendly and even assisted with gift wrapping.

I also can understand how parents could enjoy some of the interactive elements of the store such as their summer reading program, party planning, and story time.

butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo