6th Street, Austin

Coyote Ugly in Austin
    by Basaic
    Voodoo Room
    by Basaic

Know about this? Rate It!

• dame2's Profile Photo

6th Street: 6th street was fun

by dame2 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have been wanting to go to Austin for awhile and when I went I was not disappointed!

During my trip I spent every night at 6th street and it was great! (Mind you, I am a young woman and I was alone.) A journalist once described 6th street by saying that walking down sixth street is like tuning the radio dial. Every few feet you hear a different kind of music. It was true.

Coming from California, I find the people in Austin super nice. I was lucky to have made some buddies while I was down and that made the trip more enjoyable.

It seems some of the comments people have been writting about sixth street are negative. I went on tuesday, wednesday, and thursday night. Maybe that is a better time.

Dress Code: I was there on tues, wed, thurs night and the dress code was casual- jeans and a t-shirt. I believe on the weekends, some places probably require a stricter dress code.

Address: 6th Street

Directions: 6th street. Everyone there knows where it is.

Phone: don't know

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

• 6th street: party

by littlemissneve Written Oct 21, 2004

6th street in Austin Texas is great
    Long street pretty much Pedestrianised with lots of great bars

Have no idea of the names of then as you just stumble out of one and into the other
    Place is usally packed with people due to The university of Austin nearby

Dress Code: casual

Address: 6th street

• GUYON's Profile Photo

6th Street: The Live music world capital

by GUYON Written Apr 25, 2005

I was deceived by the 6th street. We foresaw to diner in a club listening live music.
    We did not find a large choice and the music we heard did not attract us.
    The music was mainly present in the dancing club. Few restaurants had an orchestra.

So I disagree with the title. I found more live music in the 4e district of Paris, near les Halles.
    The picture was taken at the daylight because the night photographes are too dark.

Directions: Between Congress avenue and I 35

6th street at day light

6th Street: Exodus

by frankcanfly Updated Sep 1, 2005

Had a GREAT time dancing here! Excellent dance floor, continuous music and fun people!

When the dance floor got a bit too crowded, we later moved from here to 'Speakeasy' for some Wednesday night Salsa dancing.

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Bob Populars, on 6th street is...

by sremigio Written Aug 25, 2002

Bob Populars, on 6th street is the place to be on thursdays, 5 dollar cover and 1 dollar drinks all night, any drink.

Poly Esther's a few blocks from 6th street is a place for those that do not want to hang out with the younger crowd it's twenty one and over
    Bob Popular's:college night on thursdays,three levels,playing urban,latest hits and retro/seventies

Poly Esther's: retro in basement and seventies on first and second floors. Original mixed drinks

Dress Code: tucked in your shirt,that's it

Directions: Bob Popular's on 6th

Poly Esther's a few blocks from 6th

6th Street

by frankcanfly Updated Oct 24, 2005

If you go to Austin without visiting 6th street at night, you haven't been to Austin.

Get out and see some of the live music, enjoy the free spirited mood on the streets and in the clubs. The people are friendly. The sun will come up before you know it.....

view from Crowne Plaza

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

6th Street: The Party Scene

by SmileyLeSa Written Dec 7, 2004

Apparently 6th Street is the place to go to Party in Downtown Austin. You will find an array of restaurants, bars, and nightclubs up and down this street.

6th Street

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Sixth Street

by keeweechic Updated Feb 15, 2004

Sixth Street is one of the main streets for Austin's nightlife. You can find a wide variety of bars, dance clubs, comedy clubs and live music venues down this street and surrounding streets.

Address: 6th Avenue

• orix's Profile Photo

6th Street - Blue moon bar: Hear live music !

by orix Updated May 13, 2011

Blue moon bar feature blues and rock live performance every evening, i heard some good shows there, if you are into this kind of music, you'll enjoy!

• CorvetteChic's Profile Photo

6th Street: 6th Street

by CorvetteChic Written Aug 24, 2002

Home to Austin's exciting night life, Sixth street offers foods, bars, dance clubs and specialty shops in the downtown area.

Directions: Downtown Austin, near I35
    Austin, TX 78701

6th Street: Pete's Dueling Piano Bar

by frankcanfly Updated Sep 1, 2005

Even early on a Wednesday night, this place was quite lively! I've always enjoyed the interaction and sillyness of Dueling Piano Bars.

6th Street: Friends

by frankcanfly Updated Sep 1, 2005

One of the many bars we went into while following our 'One Beer Rule.' This place had great live music.... but then, doesn't every place on 6th street?

Instant Answers: Austin