Ambassador Hotel, Dallas
The hotel is the oldest remaining luxury hotel in Dallas and was built in 1904 in what is described as a Sullivanesque skyscraper style. It opened as the Majestic hotel in 1905 in what was an affluent area of the city known as The Cedars. After a couple of years the hotel changed hands and was renamed the Park Hotel, and during those early years, Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson stayed here during their visits to Dallas. The name of the hotel changed again in 1932 when it was sold yet again and this time became the Ambassador Hotel. Notable changes took place in the appearance of the building from Georgian red brick to Spanish Colonial with white plaster and a red tile roof. In 1954, the hotel became a retirement hotel and was granted landmark status by the State of Texas in 1966. From 1983 to 1993 it was returned to a luxury hotel when it was purchased again by the Basic Life Principles. Today the building supplies meeting rooms, offices and living space for staff and conference attendees.
Address: 1312 S. Ervay Street