map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas
"Your admission ticket to LEGOLAND Dallas will give you tons to explore on your day out. See local landmarks recreated in miniature with more than one-million LEGO bricks at Miniland! How many will you recognize? You could make a game of it yourself. LEGO CITY: Forest Ranger Pursuit and Kingdom Quest Laser Ride. Tots will lose track of time in the DUPLO Village where they can build forts and small houses from large squishy bricks.Watch the kids take action in a fire station jungle gym where they can climb slide and run around as they live the life of a fire fighter. Then see if you can create a LEGO tower can withstand tremors at the Earthquake Tables. When your feet are ready for a rest sit back in the 4D theater and watch the LEGO Legends of Chima characters try to win the land of CHI. The movie’s rain wind and snow may even feel real during the 4D experience. If you need to refuel a cafe offers snacks and light meals (own expense). If you’re looking for the latest LEGO sets or other LEGO toys
From $20.00

SEA LIFE Aquarium Dallas
"Dive into a world of more than 5000 sea creatures at SEA LIFE Aquarium Dallas where you can spy seahorses clown fish sharks and sea turtles among other underwater critters in 30 display tanks. You get to decide how to spend your time in this watery wonderland.Want to check out the stingrays? Stand on a platform overlooking the Bay of Rays to get a great view of the rays gliding below visit the interactive rock pool display where you can touch a sea star
From $19.00

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Dallas
"Witness an amazing show that presents a rousing live jousting tournament and classic sword fights. Marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry. Seated in the castle’s climate controlled Grand Ceremonial Arena where after being given colored crowns they cheer for one of six knights (donning matching colored tunics) who chivalrously vie for the honor of King’s Champion.With so much excitement you’ll build up an appetite. The castle’s serfs and wenches will serve a delicious “hands-on” medieval-style four-course meal that includes garlic bread tomato bisque soup oven roasted chicken herb-basted potato
From $62.00

Cattlemen's Steakhouse Tips (9)

Cattlemens Ft Worth Steak House: Horrible Management

This was a nice restaurant, the waiter was good, the food was good, however at the end of the night there was a problem with the billing for someone in our party. After that was fixed they came to me and told me they over charged me, my bill was 52.65 at that point. They take my card, come back with a receipt for me to sign with no explanation of charges for 57.95. When I went to ask the manager "Wes," he got an attitude with me and told me he was not going to give me an explanation. I had no problem with the charges, I just wanted to know why it was the way it was. He was very rude me to me, I have actually never been spoken to that way before. It seems to me that the charges just got mixed up at the table, I understand that mistakes happen, no big deal, but instead of him telling me that is what happened, I was given no reason as to why I was given two different receipts with two different amounts. I now look at my credit card and there is no charge for 52.65 but there are two charges for 57.95. I will not be going back here due to the way the manager treated me. And I am hoping that I can get that charges sorted out so that I only have to pay for my dinner once.

JessicaJ14
Feb 04, 2013

cattlemen's: the best steak's in texas

I was the hostess for this wonderful restaurant from 1965 to 1968, and I loved it . I had to wear the boot's with spur's, and the gorgeous white beaver hat, and beautiful western clothes, and the holster with the gun's that shot plastic bullet's.I had to quit because I was expecting a baby but I sure did miss my job, the food, and all of the wonderful people there. my name then was nancy joan parker, and of course because of the gun's they called me bonnie parker.

Favorite Dish I loved the steaks because you could go to the front select your steak , and the chef would cook it just like I wanted it. alway's perfect.

joanspell
Feb 01, 2012

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Taste of the West

Very nice place, very crowdy, and pretty dark too. Food was great. Had BBQed spare rips, and tomato salad & ice tea. Everything comes in huge portions. Very nice waitresses, great & attentive service, very western like atmosphere. Too much of a/c, take a sweater with you. Of course the best was, to get all of those nice VTers to meet in person, and have a good time & talk. Thanks to Mark & Sarah who made that happen right in Fort Worth! Thanks also to Veronica and husband, what a fine couple, that showed Kristi & me around.

Maria250's Profile Photo
Maria250
Aug 10, 2011

Cattlemens Steakhouse: Best Steaks and Great Memories!

The food here as always is excellent western style steaks and sides. Growing up on a cattle ranch in California these are the types of steaks and people I am accustomed to. Place is old, dark and has a smell of smoke from the grill. There is a showcase with beef cuts in it in front of the grill master, and pictures decorating the walls of the entire place. If looking for some good steaks, definitely go to the cattlemen while in the Dallas Ft. Worth Area.

Favorite Dish The peppercorn encrusted NY steak. Its just one of those things I enjoy. The peppercorns bursting with a spicy kick incorporate with the juicy flesh of the perfectly grilled rare NY steak. How can you go wrong.

TravelinFoodie's Profile Photo

1750 N I35 E, Lancaster, Texas, 75134, United States
1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, United States
1111 West Lancaster, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, United States
Hotels
815 Main Street, (formerly Radisson Plaza), Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, United States

Cattlemen's Steak House: Great Steaks~

If you like steaks, then you will like this place. It does not have a fancy decor, if fact it's a old, but charming. It is expensive, but your paying for what you get. Awesome steaks. I have not eaten here in a very long time. Came here with a girlfriend who was my co-worker. We enjoyed it. I enjoyed the old pictures on the wall. It is popular with the locals and visitors.

It has a very tiny parking lot, so find a spot on the street where there is plenty.

Yaqui's Profile Photo
Yaqui
Sep 19, 2010

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: The Best Steak in Fort Worth

Unique location, great service and the most fantastic steak in Fort Worth, this I promise. Not only are the portions the size of Texas in itself, but the steaks are absolutely heavenly. Definitely try their ribeye. Just thinking about it now makes my mouth water!

Favorite Dish Their ribeye, and definitely trust their selection of wines that pair nicely with their steaks. They definitely know their wines!

starrlot's Profile Photo
starrlot
Jan 21, 2010

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Friday night VT meeting

Mark picked Cattlemen's Steakhouse for our Friday night dinner, located on Main Street in the Stockyards. I think there were about 15-20 of us for dinner and they were nice enough to issue separate bills for each party at the table whether it was 1 person or more, eliminating the chance for the inevitable shortage you have with large groups. The service was very friendly, prompt and kept our beverages filled. It was a great choice for a group dinner, the prices were reasonable for a steakhouse and they had space for larger groups.

Favorite Dish I wasn't extremely hungry so I ordered the smallest steak I could find, a 7-8oz filet mignon ($20.95) cooked medium rare with a side of sauteed mushrooms ($4). I thought it had a good flavor and it came with a salad and choice of potatoes, I got the horseradish mashed and they were good. The included sides was a refreshing change from most of the steakhouses in Chicago where the steak comes ala carte and you have to order sides separately.

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Oct 04, 2008

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Historic Stockyards Restaurant

The Cattlemen's Steakhouse was the first site of our September '08 Ft. Worth vt meet. I had never dined here before so was looking forward to a luscious steak that evening.

The Cattlemen's is housed in a rustic wood building a couple blocks up from the center of the Stockyards. Easily within walking distance of parking, shopping and the renovated stockyard pens and maze. An immense cow sits atop the roof of the restaurant, surveying visitors trailing up and down the sidewalks.

The waitstaff was pleasant and the nice-sized room at one corner of the restaurant was perfect for our chummy group. I ordered a filet mignon, cooked medium-well. Usually this means it arrives with a narrow pink strip in the middle with juices intact. Sorry to report it was too overdone, but it was still somewhat tasty and the accompanying baked potato with chives and a bit of shredded cheese plus salad were fine.

Meeting the vter's was the highlight of the evening anyway, so we had a great time! I would suggest visiting Cattlemen's Steakhouse because, we all have so-so days ourselves and it seemed that everyone else's order was to their liking.

VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Yaqui

"FORT WORTH"
VeronicaG's Profile Photo

VeronicaG

"Ft. Worth--Historic Stockyards, Art & Sundance Sq."
Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Sweetberry1

"Sweetberry's Ft. Worth Page"
ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

ATXtraveler

"The Real Texas"

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Down Home Steak Restaurant

I had to have a debate with myself about whether or not to select "local" or "steakhouse" when creating this tip, because Cattlemen's is definitely both. Located in the middle of the Stockyard district, there is a little bit of kitsch mixed in with a lot of good down home ranch style meat cooking going on here.

We hosted our initial meeting of the 1st Annual Big Texas VT Meet here, and had about 15 people come in to sample the love being worked by steak cook Edward. He had the meat grilling on a searing heat, and the kitchen was whipping up a storm of baked, hashed, and smashed potatoes with all the fixin's . I chose the Texas Strip, which was a little meatier than its New York cousin. I also chose the delicious hash brown potatoes which had cheese, onions, and some bacon bits mixed in for a unique flavor combination.

For dessert Sarah and I split a blueberry cobbler, which was down home good.

The ambiance in the restaurant was definitely Old West, with the hostess in a long form Gone with the Wind style dress. All around, try to eat in the Sirloin room for the best all around experience.

Favorite Dish Texas Strip, hashed brown potatoes (all the way) and a cobbler (or pecan pie).

ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
ATXtraveler
Sep 27, 2008

Things to Do Near Fort Worth

Fort Worth Water Gardens

We read about how the kids could splash around in the fountains and thought it would be a nice treat for them. We drove out of our way to go there, paid $10 for parking, only to find signs that said...

Convention Center

The arena is part of the Fort Worth Convention Center. There is a 4,000-seat capacity for popular artists such as Enrique Iglesias, to perform here. The Arena has long, semicircular corridors and of...

Fort Worth Zoo

Small but nice collection of animals, manageble size. The DFW area is blessed with two decent zoos, I personally like this one a little better but probably mostly because traffic is so much easier to...

Sundance Square

Rightfully named after the Sundance Kid, it is a place of history where they use to drive the cattle right through the downtown area to the stockyards. This place has lots of charm and things to see....

Sid Richardson Collection

The Sid Richardson Museum, a Fort Worth art museum located in historic Sundance Square, features permanent and special exhibitions of paintings by the premier Western artists, Frederic Remington and...

Botanic Garden

Inspired by former Botanic Director Scott Fikes. Construction began in 1970 to offer those who sought a place of meditation, relaxation, and repose. It is just another stunningly done garden located...

Getting to Fort Worth

Address

2458 North Main Street

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map