Map &

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Dallas
From $62.00

Joe T Garcia's Tips (7)

Joe T Garcia's: Fun but overrated

The best thing about Joe T Garcia's is that you can see how it has grown over the years. On the corner of Commerce and NW22nd St is what looks like the original restaurant, and has the best ambiance. Surrounding this are several add-ons and an enormous patio. As we were led to out table, it felt like we weaved our way from building to building, including going outside and back in. The patio would be my second choice for ambiance, but it's dulled somewhat by the plastic furniture.

This was a fun place to get together with my extended family (there were 20 of us, all in town for a wedding). There's nothing special about the food, and there are only two items on the menu. There's better TexMex to be found in Texas.

A friend who used to live in Dallas/Ft Worth recommended coming here. It has a reputation for being the thing to do, but I think it's simply famous for being famous.

Favorite Dish There's only two, and neither one was very memorable.

jagheter's Profile Photo
Jul 11, 2012

Joe T. Garcias: Mexican food

Restaurant Joe T. Garcias offers Mexican food. A beautiful patio is available for outdoor dining. this place is very popular, customers might be waiting until they get seated but will be rewarded by restaurant's marvelous terrace & garden. We enjoyed our time there, though I personally haven't been too fond about the food. For getting details about this lovely dining place, pls take a look at Veronica's restaurant tip.

Maria250's Profile Photo
Aug 10, 2011

Joe T. Garcia's: Saturday night VT meeting

On Saturday night Mark thought he had a reservation at Joe T. Garcia's but when he called to confirm they said they didn't have it and didn't take them. It still worked out OK as we met up at 5:30 before the HUGE crowds showed up and were seated when enough of the group showed up. There was a line down the street when we left at about 7:30, the immense popularity of this place perplexes me a bit, I think it must be the largest restaurant that I've ever been to, I think it seats about 1000 people, and still there was a line. Yes, the outdoor seating patio seating with overhead fans is quite nice, they are set up to handle many large groups and it is affordable. But I thought the service was brusque and the food quite ordinary.

Favorite Dish Believe it or not, this place has 2 menu items, that's it! I suppose you'd never be able to feed as many people as they do if they didn't. You can choose between fajitas, either beef or chicken, or a family style dinner that includes cheese enchiladas, rice, beans, guacamole, 2 beef tacos and 2 cheese nachos. I ordered the family style, the enchiladas were good, the tacos were OK but the nachos made me laugh, they were hard tortillas covered with cheese that looked like they had been microwaved.

I'd give this place 5* for atmosphere, 2* for service and 3* for the food. So go if you want a nice lively atmosphere but don't expect great food. In all fairness, the reviews I saw of this place were all over the board, some people love it and some people think it's way overrated. It's up to you to decide whether you want to wait in that line to find out which camp you are in!

CASH ONLY, No reservations even if they say they are taking one

Dabs's Profile Photo
Oct 05, 2008

Joe T Garcia's: Go for the Outdoor Dining

I highly recommend Joe T Garcia's for group dining, but if you are just out and might want to dine elsewhere.

Joe T's is a tradition in Ft. Worth. Long lines will stretch along the edge of the parking lot, cars will ease in and out around the crowd and it is packed on the weekends. However, I'm not sure whether this popularity continues because it is a TRADITION or because of its food.

Our vt group met here on a Saturday evening and fortunately arrived before most of the lines formed. We were guided to a lovely outdoor dining area beneath a large pergola, accented by pretty blue flowers in planters.

We were offered three choices for entrees: chicken/ beef fajitas or enchiladas. I'm sure the food choices are limited because of the huge weekend crowd. Baskets of nachos with salsa were set before us and drink orders were taken promptly.

A number of other large groups meeting for dinner spread out along the patio and pergola-topped areas--it was an especially beautiful outdoor dining area. (Indoor dining is available, as well, although I've never eaten inside).

I ordered the chicken fajita, which came with rice and fried beans. After downloading salt several times onto my fajita, I thought it was ok, but I've consumed others with a bit more taste. We asked for sour cream to be brought to our table and we all shared the guacamole.

Joe T's is a great place to meet, to enjoy a mild evening with friends. You'll enjoy the experience toasting the evening beneath the stars and getting to know each other better.

(Thanks to ATXTraveler for the picture--my memory card erased and I have nothing to show for the gathering!!)

**Joe T's only accepts CASH

VeronicaG's Profile Photo
Oct 01, 2008
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Joe T Garcia's

109 1/2 W Exchange Ave, Fort Worth, Texas, 76106, United States
109 E Exchange Ave, Fort Worth, Texas, 76106, United States
132 E Exchange Ave, (formerly AmeriSuites), Fort Worth, Texas, 76106, United States
2415 Ellis Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas, 76106, United States
2200 Mercado Drive, Fort Worth, Texas, 76106, United States
3271 Interstate 35 W, I-35W at Exits #54-B/54-C, Fort Worth, Texas, 76106, United States

Joe T. Garcia's: The Original Mexican Restaurant

For our Saturday evening meal at the 1st Annual Big Texas VT Meet, we decided to try the original Mexican restaurant in the area, which is Joe T. Garcias. This particular location has been the home of JoeT's since 1935, and it is just as delicious as the last time I tried it.

The line will literally go out the door and around the corner at Joe's, so if you are hosting a big party make sure to get there early! We had a party of 20 or so, so it was a good thing I got there early, like an hour early! At 4:45, there was hardly anyone there, and then by 5:15 the line was out the door, and down the block!

When you get seated, you have the choice of tea, soft drink or margarita, and then the option of enchiladas or fajitas. We went with the fajitas and had a delicious combination of steak, chicken, and bell peppers with onion. It was surprisingly good for how many people they serve in an evening!

One important note, Joe T's only accepts cash, so make sure you get some before you get there, or you will be forced to use the ATM in the lobby which charges $2.25!

ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
Sep 28, 2008

Joe T Garcia's: Best I've ever had!

This place only offers 2 things-enchiladas or fajitas but they are the best ever! The dining area inside is small and there is usually no wait to be seated inside. They have beautiful outdoor seating among gardens and pool and the wait for that can be up to 2 hours on the weekends but if the weather is nice and you aren't in a hurry it's worth it.

Favorite Dish I always get chicken enchiladas. The enchiladas are served "family style" and come with chips and salsa, nachos, corn tortillas, beef tacos, beans, rice, and guacamole. They have yummy cinnamon pralines for dessert. The Margaritas are legendary-gotta try em!!

FloridaTexasGirl's Profile Photo
Dec 08, 2005

Joe T Garcia's: My favorite restaurant is Joe T Garcias.

My favorite restaurant is Joe T Garcias, which is family owned and only has about 2 or 3 things on the menu and they bring a feast for the whole family plus some.........Great Mexican food!

Prices range for lunch at $6.99 - $12.95 and you can get breakfast and lunch until 3 pm.

Favorite Dish For breakfast I recommend (and the waitor) the " Migas".

This includes eggs, tortilla strips, chicken strips, cheese, and more.

Beans and Mexican potatoes and flour and corn tortillas.

Kodi01's Profile Photo
May 01, 2004

Top 5 Fort Worth Writers

keeweechic's Profile Photo

"Keeweechic's Fort Worth"
Yaqui's Profile Photo

VeronicaG's Profile Photo

"Ft. Worth--Historic Stockyards, Art & Sundance Sq."
Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

"Sweetberry's Ft. Worth Page"
ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

"The Real Texas"

Things To Do Near Joe T Garcia's

Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame

The Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame honors Texas men and women who have excelled in the sports of rodeo, cutting and the equine industry. A few of our Inductees includes: Trevor Brazile, Don Edwards, George...

Stockyards Museum

What a wonderful little museum filled with many artifacts and photographs of Fort Worths colorful past. Very wonderfully displayed and I was made very welcome by the ladies attending the museum. Has a...

Stockyards Historic District

I wish I would have allowed more time to spend in the National Historic District of Fort Worth Stockyards because there was so much to see and do and a real look at what old western USA life and times...

Billy Bob's Texas

I must say it was a REALLY hot Texas summers day and the thought of a cold beer was mentioned and nothing more had to be said..The thought of cold beer was overwhelming and cold beers were to be...

Bass Performance Hall

This is one of the crown jewels of dowtown Fort Worth and has become of the most recognized grand facades. Outside the building graces such beautiful 48 foot angels were sculpted by Marton Varo from...

Sid Richardson Collection

The Sid Richardson Museum, a Fort Worth art museum located in historic Sundance Square, features permanent and special exhibitions of paintings by the premier Western artists, Frederic Remington and...

Getting to Joe T Garcia's