Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Houston City Tour and Admission to Downtown Aquarium
"This bus tour is a wonderful way to start your Houston vacation. This lightly narrated 90-minute tour showcases Houston's famous land marks historic Houston areas and breath taking views. Explore the great city of Houston and see what the largest city in Texas has to offer.This guided tour drives through Houston's beautiful market square and many more downtown locations including Buf Allen Parkway and Houston's upscale midtown residential area. You will enjoy the breath-taking billion dollar Downtown Houston Skyline and museum district.Once the city tour is complete you will be dropped off at the Houston Aquarium which you are welcome to explore and enjoy. This package includes one admission ticket for the Houston Aquarium and one ticket for the Houston City Tour.""""Take a 90-minute panoramic guided tour on board a double decker buss. The city tour includes Downtown Historic district Toyota Center
From $50.00

Galveston Warship and Submarine Tour
"The tour will start with complimentary pickup from your centrally located Houston accommodation where all will receive a free gift before proceeding downtown for a 1-hour mobile view of Discovery Green Park GRB convention center The Toyota center Minute Maid Park Market square Buffalo Bayou Eleanor Tinsley park
From $142.00

Galveston Warship and Submarine Tour
From $142.00

Pappacito's Cantina Tips (11)

Pappacito's Cantina: More Pappacitos

Favorite Dish Flan- Mexican egg custard with almond cookie shards of tortilla, garnished with fresh fruit.........Menu says $4.35......receipt says $2.95! I would have expected to pay $8 for this beauty.... I ordered this the first time I was here and came back t just to take a picture of it!!

Pappasito's Cantina: Great Tex-Mex Selections

I have now eaten in this specifice restaurant three times in a week. I'm in Houston working on a project and our team has really liked this place. I have eaten at two other Papacitos in the Houston area during my stay here. The other restaurants served the same great food although the decor of the latter two was a bit more upscale. Service has been great at all places! When I first walked in to this location, it looks like most moderate-to-nice Mexican theme restaurants. As soon as we sat down, we were greeted by Marc, who turned out to be this incredible waiter who knew everything about the food and sold us on the specials even before we looked at the menu.....the specials were the most expensive...$19.95 each.

The service was prompt and the food was superb. I noticed lots of little detail thing like in the middle of the restaurant is this tortilla cooker.....circular in nature....one employee stands there putting the little round balls of dough on a chain track that carries the ball to a plate that flattens it on to a revolving disc.....the disc carries the flattened dough to a blade that peals it off of the disc, down to a revolving cooking discs and then they slide off of that when they are done....the employee puts the fresh, hot tortillas in baskets which the waitstaff take to the tables.

Favorite Dish Mahi with Acapulco Sauce- Char broiled fish topped with a creamy wine sauce with al dente vegetables( brocolli, tomatoes, peppers) , avocado, shrimp and scallops. Side dish of baked beans, and rice with one of the fresh tortillas...........$19.95

Chicken Breast with Acapulco Sauce- Chicken breast was char broiled and then sliced into strips before the sauce was added. Same accompaniments........$12.50

Pappacito's Cantina: Tex Mex

After a long hiatas from this restaurant I'm back to being a lover. A lover of the strong margaritas. A lover of the flautas. A lover of the made-in-the-restaurant (in front of the customers) tortillas. A lover of the queso. A lover of the laid back atmosphere...A bit weary of the wait, still. However, I'm gonna keep my original review because it gives an accurate depiction of what your tastes might be.

If you don't like to eat in a loud, busy atmosphere this might make a good happy hour place on a weekday.

Previous review: I'm a bit weary of this place. I personally feel that the prices do not reflect the taste. However, I'm pretty picky. It's just my opinion that Houston's mexican restaurants are no match for Dallas'. However, a lot of people in Houston prefer Pappacito's. I haven't found anything I like here. The margarita's aren't that good. The atmosphere is not that good. Why am I paying extra to sit in a lawn seat?? No waitor has ever given flour tortillas although they make them right in front of you. It just has always been a let down. Anytime I actually want to try something I get disappointed even more. If you want to try it, no one's gonna stop you. But if I were you I'd find something else.

MANY locations throughout Houston so shop around for the one closest to you.

Sun -Thurs: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Fri - Sat: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Favorite Dish I usually just stay with the queso and flautas. Not comparable to other places but I just don't understand what all the hype is about. I can't find anything I enjoy that much.

msbrandysue's Profile Photo
msbrandysue
Mar 29, 2009

Pappacito's Cantina: Great Tex-Mex, Pulchritudinous clientele

Really good Tex-Mex at a good price. Portions are huge. The place is always packed. My friend from Calgary met us at this one, and commented that "Pulchritude is inversely proportional to latitude!". Lots of pretty women abound.

Favorite Dish The fajitas are great. I love the ceviche -- huge bay scallops, shrimp, and fish. Good nachos as well. Good cheese and beef enchiladas (haven't tried the chicken). Oh, and excellent margaritas. We used to go to Happy Hour here often. Again, there's a view, too.

Stargazer1's Profile Photo
Stargazer1
Mar 12, 2007

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Houston

220 Main Street, Houston, Texas, 77002, United States
701 Texas Ave., Houston, Texas, 77002, United States
Hotels
1117 Prairie Street, (formerly Sam Houston Hotel), Houston, Texas, 77002, United States
1100 Texas Avenue, Houston, Texas, 77002, United States
720 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas, 77002, United States
1520 Texas Avenue, Houston, Texas, 77002, United States

Pappacito's Cantina: Great Fajitas

Favorite Dish For a typical Tex-Mex dish I recommend the Fajita choice with either beef or chicken. The seasoning are excellent, the tortillas freshly made and hot, accompaniments of their special beans and good rice make this a bargain at about $12.

Jun 21, 2003

Pappasito's Cantina: Best Mexican Food in Houston!

Great Mexican Food! How I rate a Mexican Food Restaurant is by there chips and salsa. Because its the first thing you get when you sit down, and first impression is everything. Pappasito's put the impress in impression! It was delicious! The chips were light and flaky and the salsa had just enough spice and cilantro to make me have 2 bowls worth! The atmosphere was great too. I sat out on the patio and ordered a nice margarita on the rocks no salt, and it was perfect :) tasted like it had hardly any alcohol but my body said otherwise!
The wait staff was also very accommodating. The sun kept getting in our eyes and so they would move the umbrella till it was prefect. Then the sun came down more and the waiters then would move umbrellas again, this repeated several times until the sun finally started to set.

Favorite Dish My favorite dish by far was the Fajitas! It came in a metal type dish paced on top of a platform with hot rocks underneath and kept the juices simmering till I was down to my last piece of chicken! I split it with my mother and we were both very full! Might have also been all the chips and salsa we went through before our dinner came!

LaceyAdkisson's Profile Photo
LaceyAdkisson
Apr 07, 2009

Pappacito's Cantina: Awesome Tex-Mex food!

This is one of my favorite Mexican (tex-mex) restaurants - and if you go, make sure you are hungry! The portions are HUGE! It's also a great place to take kids, as it's very noisy and always crowded. They have great margaritas, and the beef fajitas are the BEST!

Favorite Dish Enchiladas and fajitas ROCK!! In my humble opinion, they also have the best chips and salsa in the city.

lizzytex's Profile Photo
lizzytex
May 13, 2011

Pappasitos Cantina: Pappasitos Cantina

Pappasitos is part of a chain of restaurants located primarily in Texas and in Georgia.

This particular restaurant is a Mexican restaurant and a good one at that. Their nacho chips are very fresh and their tortillas are made on the spot. The restaurant is quite large.

Favorite Dish Chicken Fajitas

jackdewey's Profile Photo
jackdewey
Aug 26, 2002
H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo

H-TownJourneyman

"H-Town, Texas! My Hometown!"
XenoHumph's Profile Photo

XenoHumph

"Houston, Texas; Beyond Oil, Heat and Space"
msbrandysue's Profile Photo

msbrandysue

"Home, Home on the Range"
martystagram's Profile Photo

martystagram

"Hidden Huston"
ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

ATXtraveler

"Houston: Home to the Rodeo and Oil Business"

Pappacito's Cantina: Yet More Pappacitos

Favorite Dish Tres Leches Cake- Yet another wonderful dessert cake made with three kind of milk. Around $6.00 again and a wonderful finish to a spicy meal

Pappacito's Cantina: More Pappacitos

Favorite Dish Chocolate Bread Pudding- Topped with icecream, this dessert was just divine! Don't remember the exact price but around $6.

Pappasito's Cantina Restaurant

Pappasito's Cantina Restaurant
This is another Houston chain restaurant that will not let you down. It specializes in authentic Mexican food and great margaritas.

Favorite Dish Margaritas

jtb2inky's Profile Photo
jtb2inky
Aug 24, 2002

Things to Do Near Houston

Sam Houston Park

The Heritage Society is the Houston's only outdoor, interactive historic museum and park. Nestled in 10 acres of green parkland in the heart of downtown Houston, The Heritage Society boasts 9 historic...

Rothko Chapel

Rothko Chapel is a tranquil sanctuary open to all faiths nestled in the heart of Houston. The walls of the chapel display many of Mark Rothko's abstract and minimalist paintings. However the interior...

Museum District

Now for me, this is the number one attraction in Houston. Over 20 (I think the Houston Bicycle Museum makes 21) museums in a relatively small area. You can park your car and walk to many of the...

Menil Collection

The Menil Collection refers to the collection itself and the museum (which is actually four buildings). The Menil Collection’s founders, John and Dominique de Menil acquired this vast collection...

Holocaust Museum

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". The Holocaust Museum in Houston is the 4th largest in the country. This is NOT a museum to enjoy; it is a museum to pause and reflect,...

Museum of Fine Arts

Across the street from the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston is the Cullen Sculpture Garden which is associated with the MoFA. Inside are several interesting statues in a garden setting. The sculptures...

Getting to Houston

Address

15280 I-45 North Houston

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map