Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

"San Antonio River Walk Cruise
"San Antonio River Walk Cruise Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Tower of the Americas Package""Step aboard a River Walk boat cruise for an exciting and entertaining narrative of the rich history of the San Antonio River! Cruises are about 35 minutes long and cover one and a half miles of the beautiful San Antonio River Walk. In addition to this package includes a hop-on hop-tour on a double decker bus as well as admission to the Tower of the Americas a 750-foot observation tower/restaurant located at HemisFair Park on the southeastern portion of downtown. The tower was designed by San Antonio architect O'Neil Ford and was built as the theme structure of the 1968 World's Fair HemisFair '68. The Tower was the tallest observation tower in the United States from 1968 until 1996
From $45.00

San Antonio 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley and Double-Decker Bus Pass
"Make the most of your time in San Antonio with this 2-day pass to both an old-fashioned trolley and double-decker bus with an open-air upper deck. For two days enjoy unlimited access to both the bus and trolley hopping on and off at any of their stops (see Itinerary for a full list of stops on each tour) to visit attractions at your leisure. Trolleys depart every hour from 9am to 3:30pm and double-decker buses run every 30 minutes to an hour from 9:30am to 4:30pm. Enjoy live narration about San Antonio's rich history and top sights on both the bus and trolley tours. Visit the Alamo San Antonio's most famous landmark where Texas colonists fought valiantly against Santa Anna's Mexican troops. See where some of the heroes of that historic battle are laid to rest at San Fernando Cathedral. Explore the interactive exhibits at the Institute of Texan Cultures which tells the story of various ethnic and cultural groups that call Texas home. Stop into missions including Mission San José and Mission Concepcion
From $43.00

"San Antonio Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
"Trolley River Cruise and Tower of the Americas""Your two-day trolley pass makes exploring San Antonio on your own a breeze. Listen to live narration about the city's colorful history and top sights hopping on and off at the stops as you wish (see Itinerary for a complete list of stops). At your leisure see the famous Alamo — where Texas colonists fought bravely against Santa Anna's Mexican troops — and the San Fernando Cathedral where some of those heroes are laid to rest. Explore the interactive exhibits at the Institute of Texan Cultures
From $42.00

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery Tips (9)

Mi Tierra's Bakery and Cafe: Far better, far cheaper Mexican restaurants

The only real reason I can think of to choose Mi Tierra's over other local Mexican restaurants is if you get a hankering for Mexican food at 2 AM, or if there is some reason you absolutely positively cannot leave downtown. The food is okay, but San Antonio has so many cheap Mexican restaurants that if good Mexican (or Tex-Mex) food is what you're looking for, all you have to do is go out Commerce St. to far better restaurants for a far cheaper price.

If ambience is what you're looking for, well, okay, I guess, but I can still think of several others I'd go to first.

DixiePixie
Jul 05, 2010

Mi Tierra Cafe: Not all that.

Family of 4 that included young boys-- The atmosphere was fun and we enjoyed the music; however, the food was just 'ok'. We ordered the fajitas for two and there wasn't much food on the plate and they were fairly bland. We had two well drinks from the bar and 2 kids meals. We were really surprised by the $70.00 ticket. Maybe we didn't know "what" to order and the locals know the ins & outs. Either way, we wouldn't go back. Oh, and let's not forget the $8 polaroid picture they want you to buy.

roadtrip101
Jun 30, 2009

Mi Tierra Cafe y Panderia: Mexican Food, 24 Hours a Day!

Mi Tierra was recommended to me by my hotel concierge after I'd just arrived in town...and for that I'm very thankful! It's a big, beautiful restaurant with delicious Mexican cuisine and yummy margaritas, a big beautiful bar too. And don't forget the strolling mariachis, and other musicians! And yes, it's open 24 hours a day - stop by for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or an after-hours snack.

Opened in 1941, Mi Tierra is a San Antonio landmark. It's not to be missed.

Favorite Dish I had a variety of Mexican food from the appetiser menu, all delicious. And their margaritas are real good too...they also have a wide variety of beers. I had a bottle of Carta Blanca after my margarita - I was a happy boy!

spgood301's Profile Photo
spgood301
Dec 26, 2008

Mi Tierra Restaurant and Bakery: A Must Visit When in San Antonio

Every single time we visit San Antonio, the first restaurant we visit is Mi Tierra. The atmosphere is festive and addictive. You cannot help but want to speak Spanish when you leave.

The menu is massive with authentic Mexican dishes. The desserts are sinful and divine. Definitely try the milanesa, a fried steak that is heaven. Top it off with their top shelf margarita.

Favorite Dish Milanesa and sopapillas

502 W. Durango Street, San Antonio, Texas, 78207, United States
600 Santa Rosa South, San Antonio, Texas, 78204, United States
620 South Santa Rosa, San Antonio, Texas, 78204, United States

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: Authentic Mexican

Mi Tierra is a marvelous Mexican restaurant in El Mercado. There is a fabulous bakery inside of the restaurant. Be sure to get the jumbo margaritas. Mi Tierra was established in 1951 and is open 24 hours a day.

Favorite Dish Order anything and you will be pleased.

Stellaluna's Profile Photo
Stellaluna
Apr 20, 2006

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: As good as its reputation!!

I regret waiting so long to enter my thoughts on VT, for now I have forgotten exactly what we had to eat at this restaurant. However, I do remember remarking at the time what wonderful meals we had and that the service was superb. I have since recommended this restaurant to several others headed to San Antonio and would the same to my VT friends.

basstbn's Profile Photo
basstbn
Jan 23, 2006

Mi Tierra Café Y Panaderia: Lunch in Market Square

In Market Square we had lunch at Mi Tierra Café Y Panaderia. Here we ate a nice Mexican meal and listened to traditional Inka music being played on the street near-by. The decorations were festive in the Mexican tradition.

KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
KimberlyAnn
Jul 25, 2005

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: The Bakery Side

Be sure to visit the bakery even if you are eating in the cafe part of this restaurant to see all they have to offer.

They offer a stunning selection of over 50 varieties of Mexican candies and sweet rolls. Just take a look at this website for a mouth watering look into some of their goodies.

Bakery Selection

keeweechic's Profile Photo
keeweechic
Aug 15, 2003

Top 5 San Antonio Writers

VeronicaG's Profile Photo

VeronicaG

"San Antonio--La Ciudad...A Walk Thru History"
Yaqui's Profile Photo

Basaic

ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

ATXtraveler

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery: Lots to Put On Weight With

Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery is a great Mexican restaurant and very popular too. A very colourful place right in the Market Square. Good choice of menu and breakfast 24hours. Very good service.

It has it's own bakery which was very popular (see photo in Market t'logue).

Favorite Dish Well I have to admit that I wasn't hungry the day we stopped for lunch. It was really hot outside and I was more thirsty. I searched the menu for just a cool desert and in the end they accommodated me with a big bowl of vanilla ice cream.. yes I know.. but I wasn't hungry. However I did have a couple of bite samples of a very delicious quesadillas meal which was a huge meal. Service was excellent.

keeweechic's Profile Photo
keeweechic
Aug 14, 2003

Things to Do Near Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery

El Mercado - Market Square

Market Square is a huge indoor and outdoor traditional and historic shopping district in San Antonio, Texas. The district is the largest Mexican shopping center in the city. It is called El Mercado by...

Spanish Governor's Palace

This impressive building is the 10-room Spanish Governor's Palace. In 1772, San Antonio was made the seat of the Spanish Government in Texas and the government was run out of this building. This is...

Bexar County Courthouse

Okay, now this is an impressive courthouse. This is what a courthouse should look like, strong, steadfast, sure. The building was designed by architect J. Riely Gordon using the Romanesque Revival...

Tower Life Building

The unique 30-story Tower Life Building was completed in 1929 and originally called the Smith Young Tower. Built as the great depression was beginning, it is said the architect included Medieval...

La Villita

La Villita (Little Village) is one of the original settlements in San Antonio. The restored village area hosts narrow streets, plazas, fountains, and authentic adobe buildings with souvenir shops,...

Hard Rock Cafe

I would probably normally put this tip under food; but since it is already here under "thing to do" I guess I will mention it here. Hard Rock cafe, like Hooters, is a place you go for the atmosphere...

Getting to Mi Tierra Cafe & Bakery

Address

218 Produce Row, San Antonio (Market Square)

Hours