Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

Richmond's City Center Tour
"Come join us as we explore Richmond’s city center. From the graceful lines of the Capitol square and Jackson Ward's fascinating history to houses of the Fan and Monument Avenue to the exuberance of the VMFA we sample the best of the city center on our 3 hour tour. Includes a snack stop at Sugar and Twine Bakery that is included in the tour price. Tour includes a beautiful view of the River and highlights the best and most interesting architecture and history that Richmond has to offer! There is not better way to experience Richmond than on a bike with us!""""Come explore the history of Richmond at some of its most famous sites

From $40.00

Tan-A Supermarket Tips (9)

Tan-A Supermarket: Go with cash only

Sells a variety of Asia groceries, impressed with what they carry but not happy with the service. No one could help me find sweet soy sauce and then another customer actually showed me where it was. The store smells and the fish has flies hovering over it! This store take cash only, which I only found out when I the lady rang me up. I would go back as I'm quite sure other customers who need ethnic ingredients, would do so as well, but were another store with such a vast variety then I would never go back!

What to pay Not much, reasonable

Lullu
Apr 13, 2013

Tan-A Supermarket: Horrible Customer Service and Rotten Meat

Tan A - on West Broad Street - Asian Grocery Store

What to buy Don't buy any meat, fish or produce from this store. I'm surprised that the Health Inspectors haven't shut this place down. Disgustingly filthy. The Chinese owners and staff are incredibly rude and snobbish!

What to pay Save your money - do not patronize this store

westend
Feb 18, 2012

Tan-A Supermarket: Great Asian food

I eat Springrolls there everyweek. there great and so is all the other ready to eat food and fruits and veggies. I have occasionally eaten fish. i have made my own Tom Kha from their fresh ingredients. I have made my own spring rolls and my sisters family has too. I used to often drink thier asian sodas. I also but a mortar and pedstal there. A huge variety of almost all asian food from sushi Nori to hundered year old eggs on New Years.

What to buy Spring Rolls
Ready to Eat food
Hundered year old Eggs
All maner of Noodles and Tea.
All manner of Asian Suaces from Great Fish Sauce to peppery spices.
See Weed Seasonings and Bonita for Japanese Soups.

What to pay Not to expensive at all.

James_Shelton32
Mar 03, 2011

Tan-A Supermarket: employees gone bad

What an awful experienced!!! Employees were very rude and no sense of good quality service. My husband saw this market and we spent almost an hour there. Finally, we were ready to pay. Yes, they only accept credit cards. JUST CASH OR CHECK ONLY PLEASE! They had the sign posted inside where you can easy miss it. The lady didn't mentiion it so she finished ringing all the stuffs we bought. Ok no problem, got my personal check out and signed it. There the lady won't accept it again because I don't live in Va. I live in Maryland! Got it!!! So here's my problem. My husband is in the United Stated Navy, meaning we move a lot. I felt like this business-like is cruel. My check is legit and we were turned down twice. Just want to say that my husband should have the right to practice our rights and freedom along with all of us especially here inside the US. People in the military should NOT have a probem to use our personal checks anywhere in the United States land! It's NOt fair but no matter what my family think of your safety...

Asianfab
Feb 14, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Richmond

Hotels
101 W Franklin St, Franklin & Adams Sts, Richmond, Virginia, 23220, United States
2300 E. Broad St., Richmond, Virginia, 23220, United States
100 E. Franklin St, Richmond, Virginia, 23219, United States
201 East Cary Street, , Richmond, Alabama 23219
11 North 4th Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219, United States
2929 Chamberlayne Ave, Richmond, Virginia, 23222, United States

Tan-A Supermarket: old food and bad customer service

You have to be very careful when you buy any food at Tan-A. They sell expired food. Some food, they don't even have expiration date (so you will wonder how old this food is.) Customer service does not exist. For Japanese food, I recommend Tokyo Market in Cary Town. It is a small store but they have plenty Japanese food and sweets. They also sell beautiful Japanese dishes/plates/rice bowls/tea sets, etc. Excellent customer service.

himawari17
Aug 01, 2008

Tan-A Supermarket: Tan-A is A-Okay - ignore the fish-man's whine

Tan-A Oriental Supermarket is conveniently located on West Broad Street close to the West Broad I-64 exit. They have virtiually every ingredient you could want to cook any kind of Oriental food. They also have easy-fix prepared foods, and other ethnicity foods as well. We love their fresh meat, fish and other fresh ingredients hard or impossible to obtain elsewhere. A friend of mine said it was "a Museum of Food" - a place just to walk the aisles and marvel at the variety, reading labels, deciding whether to give something unique and new a try. Clean, well-lit, spacious. GO THERE! We come all the way from Fredericksburg, VA to shope at Tan-A.

What to buy All kinds of food items, fresh, canned, packaged, you-name-it!

What to pay Less than you expect! VERY economical shopping.

RogerD55
Jan 19, 2008

Tan-A Supermarket: Pan-Asian Supermarket

All manner of Asian foods are sold here. It caters more to the Chinese community, but if you want to make Thai, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, or other types of Oriental food, Tan-A is the place for you.

What to buy The last time I was there, I got some rice noodles, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, drunken chicken marinade, and tapioca flour.

b1bob's Profile Photo
b1bob
Sep 25, 2006

Tan-A Supermarket: Awesome choices and low prices at Tan-a

At Tan-a Supermarket you have so many choices in Asian food, clothing, gifts and fresh meat and fish. More choices in one location makes it hard to beat. It is like one stop shopping where the best cost less.

What to buy Fresh Fish, fresh meat including Goat, rabbit and duck. Also any Asian cuisine desirable from Thai to Japannesse to Indian even a huge Vegitarian selection. You can also buy fresh Orchids, Asian dishes and pottery, Tea sets, Asian Religious Relics, and Asian natural Medicines. It is like an Asian Walmart with friendlier people.

What to pay Do not expext to pay much because their prices beat everyone in town. Just remember to bring your checkbook or cash because credit cards are not excepted.

patrickrriley
Sep 25, 2006

Top 5 Richmond Writers

b1bob's Profile Photo

b1bob

"Richmond, VA"
matcrazy1's Profile Photo

matcrazy1

"PAGE DEDICATED TO NAT (b1bob on VT)"
doug48's Profile Photo

doug48

"richmond, virginia"
Hopkid's Profile Photo

Hopkid

"Revolutionary and Civil War History"
gipper84's Profile Photo

gipper84

"Richmond (A city of diverse history)"
View Member

Tan-A Supermarket: Please dont buy fish or meat from Tan-A!!!

This is to inform that i had a severe stomach ailment after consuming the fish at Tan-A.
I would like to bring this to the notification of health authorities that Tan-A sells fish that is completely rotten. The meat sold there is old too.
The sales people are very rude!!!

cindyjones
Apr 11, 2006

Things to Do Near Richmond

Science Museum of Virginia

Science exhibits and an Omnimax theater now occupy the old RF & P Railroad Broad Street Station. It was designed by the same guy who designed the Jefferson Memorial built right after World War 1. Most...

Children's Museum

Some people say that it is expensive to get into the museum($7 a person) but when you consider all you can do it is very cheap. Kids can do anything from climb in a interactive mouth to being...

Virginia Historical Society

The Virginia Historical Society has existed since 1811 and remains to this day a repository, a research, and teaching centre for Virginia History. It is supported almost fully by private...

Virginia Museum of Fine Arts

the virginia museum of fine art has an excellent collection of classical american and european sculpture and paintings as well as collections of african, asian, and precolumbian art. the museum hosts...

Hollywood Cemetery

The beautiful, serene landscape makes this cemetery one of Richmond’s most visited places. The setting is so beautiful that if somebody had not started burying people there when they did, it might...

Maggie Walker House

Maggie Walker was definitely a pioneer. Not the sort of pioneer that took a covered wagon out into the wild in search for gold or farming land, but a pioneer in the history of civil rights and...

Getting to Richmond

Address

6221 W. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23230

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Map