Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley and Monuments by Moonlight Tour
From $78.00
Washington DC Chocolate Lover's Walking Tour
From $50.00
Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour and Attractions Pass
From $90.00

Georgia Brown’s Tips (7)

Georgia Brown's: One of the best

This has got to be my favorite restaurant in DC. Everything about it is great! If you like good southern cooking in a nice atmosphere, then this is the place for you. It is perfect to get a cocktail after hard day of touring the city or getting a table for a romantic dinner. It may be a little pricey, but it is well worth it.

Favorite Dish My favorite dish has to be the pork chops...followed very closely by the fried green tomatoes.

olddude's Profile Photo
Jul 17, 2008

Georgia Brown’s: Real Southern Cuisine in Washington

I had the Sunday brunch at Georgia Brown's. It's the best I've had in a long time--maybe the best ever. It includes not only the buffet but also an additional entree (which most diners take home for later). And to top it all off, the place has a live jazz band. How much better could it get? Also, don't miss the cocktails; they're outstanding.

Well, it's not cheap, but worth doing once in a while. And it's right downtown, close to the Mall and museums.

Favorite Dish The Sunday brunch.

Tom_Fields's Profile Photo
Jul 12, 2007

Georgia Brown’s: Stupendous Southern Cooking

This was a fantastic restaurant! Luckily it is about a block from my office and made for a last minute Friday dinner. The atmosphere is an odd mix of very casual attire (jeans, t-shirts, etc) and the business folks (suits, ties, dresses, etc). So, I suspect that you can feel comfortable regardless of how you are dressed.

The food was quite delicious. It wouldn't be a southern restaurant without cornbread (this was sweetened). I had the crab bisque to start, which was quite yummy. For my main course, I had the Pan Roasted Blackberry Duck Breast with Andouille and Cheddar Grits, sauteed Spinach and Sweet and Sour Blackberry Sauce. The duck was cooked to the right tenderness and the blackberry sauce made an interesting contrasting flavors. For my first experience with grits, I was pleased with it. Having discovered a love of spinach in my adult life (few kids appreciate the flavors), I was glad that the sauteed spinach was prepared well. My dinner companion was quite pleased with the fried chicken as well.

This is definitely a restaurant to try when you are in town because the southern twist is great.

Jase1177's Profile Photo
Dec 11, 2006

Georgia Brown’s: We had the Sunday Jazz Brunch, WOW!

This is a very up-town brunch. I would feel out of place here in jeans and sneakers. We got pretty dressed up and I was glad. There is no parking garage available on Sunday, no valet parking and no lot we could find so parking was doggie-dog. Couples were holding spots with their bodies and communicating via cell phone to get a parking spot. That's a bit much for me on a Sunday morning. The Jazz is loud, and the wall we ate next to made it private, but also cut us off from the rest of the restaurant. The food and service are excellent! The food was fresh, and some of the best I have ever had. The chocolate fountain is to die for. The french toast was...I am hungry just thinking about it. This was a Brunch Experience, no doubt.

Favorite Dish You will leave with a meal to go, so it is Brunch and Dinner if you do it right!
The Chocolate Fountain is the best part.
Fresh berries are everywhere. You will love this place. I would like to go back for dinner sometime, but wouldn't do the Jazz brunch again. It was over $100.00 for 2 people for brunch. A mimosa was $9.95 OMG. The food was special, and all in all it was a great experience.

tpangelinan's Profile Photo
Apr 24, 2005
Sponsored Listings

Hotels in Washington D.C.

3100 South St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
1310 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
2650 Virginia Avenue Northwest, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States
2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States
924 25th St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

Georgia Brown’s: Fried green tomatoes -excellent!

The atmosphere of this restaurant is great and the food is even better. It is southern cuisine and southern hospitality. It is also one of my favorite restaurants in D.C. The fried green tomatoes are must and do not skip dessert. This is not a budget restaurant but you definitely get your moneys worth. Here is a link

starfawn's Profile Photo
Apr 06, 2004

Sweet Georgia Brown's: Sweet Georgia Brown's

This is the most recommended place for authentic soul food. It is on the expensive side yet it's an investment for such rich cultural food. It is open in the evenings only for dinner and a Sunday brunch.

Favorite Dish Everything is tantalizing to your taste buds, go ahead and try it all!

Aug 26, 2002

Georgia Brown's: Delicious...

Georgia Brown's: Delicious real Southern food. Fried chicken, catfish, okra--the real thing. Be aware though this is a top of the line restaurant, and it's not cheap. It's downtown near the White House at 950 15th St NW.
Check out other restaurants and menus at

taxing's Profile Photo
Aug 25, 2002

Top 5 Washington D.C. Writers

matcrazy1's Profile Photo

"Neither American nor European City :-)"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

"Washington DC"
Yaqui's Profile Photo

"Washington D.C."
globetrotter_2006's Profile Photo

doug48's Profile Photo

"Washington D.C."
View Member

Things To Do in Washington D.C.

Things to do

We finished our day in Georgetown by visiting two very different historic cemeteries located quite close to one another. The first, Oak Hill Cemetery, was founded in 1848 on a 15-acre plot of land...

Watergate Complex

The Watergate Complex will forever be linked with the scandal that led to Richard Nixon's resignation in 1974. The complex itself is made up of five buildings, i.e. one office building, three...
Things to do

Georgetown University was founded in 1789 and is America's oldest Roman Catholic University. It is said that during the Civil War, Georgetown students and instructors joined the Union Army while...

Dumbarton Oaks

This fabulous estate dates back to the 19th century and it belonged to Robert and Mildred Bliss. Robert Bliss was an American diplomat who had graduated from Harvard University and, while they were...

Kennedy Performing Arts Center

Be sure to go on the Kennedy Center webpage and be on the lookout for free things to do here. Just today the 20th of March I attended a free Concert by Punjabi MC an Indian DJ who combine hip hop with...

Islamic Mosque & Cultural Center

This great Mosque was founded in 1947 during President Truman's term in office, and it is the very first Mosque to be built in the nation's capital. It came about after the sudden death of a Tursking...

Getting to Washington D.C.

950 15th St NW

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!