Map &

Rate it
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley and Monuments by Moonlight Tour
"Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley TourBoard your trolley at any of its 20 stops throughout Washington DC and use your included guidebook to help plan your day. Travel three different routes and listen to onboard commentary on the sights you pass hopping on and off as often as you like. Since the trolleys run every half hour from morning to evening they're a convenient way to get around the city and cover all the must-do sights! This is DC's only trolley with GPS Tracking! You can find the your next trolley arrival nearby trolley stops and there is even a call-in feature. No phone app is required! Maximize your time on the trolleys with the use of this tool.There are three different trolley routes (see Itinerary for a complete list of stops):National Mall and Downtown ( as well as the Lincoln Memorial Washington Monument
From $78.00

Guided DC City Bus Tour Plus Potomac River Cruise
"Meet your guide at the National Archives Building on Pennsylvania Avenue and travel around Washington DC by bus to visit the Capitol White House and all the major memorials (full list of stops available in the Itinerary section). At each stop your expert guide will hop off with you to personally escort you through the sights providing insightful background and answering questions alon stop for lunch (at your expense) and a shopping break at the Pentagon City Mall. Itinerary During your tour your guide will walk you through the following sights:The US Capitol Building (exterior) Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial Dr Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Korean Memorial Lincoln Memorial Vietnam Memoria"""Explore the best of Washington DC with a guided bus and walking tour of the city's top sights plus a (seasonal) river cruise out of Georgetown. This 6 hour tour includes photo stops at the White House and Capitol guided tours of many of the monuments including the Lincoln Memorial
From $69.00

3 Hour Private DC City Tour for 6 - 24 Passengers
"Experience DC your way!  Pick up may be from any location inside the DC Beltway including Alexandria Arlington Fairfax Bethesda and Chevy Chase. Create your own itinerary from our list of DC most popular and 'must see' sites. Our suggestions for your itinerary include: US Capital Library of Congress Supreme Court House
From $350.00

Information / Sources Tips (9)

Even if it´s smaller, it´s not THAT small

I had this map printed with me, from Washington D.C. guidebook I found from our library. It said: Take a bus or metro from railway station to first point and then walk the rest..
We love walking, so we thought: No way, we will walk all the way!
Mistake! I think the metres marked at map were wrong. Too close to miles. We are hard walkers, and quite fast walkers and even so, it too a LONG time for us to walk! We decided to skip points 1, 2 and 3 and even so, we think we should have taken some public transport to save time.
After entering to old town (Georgetown) it was different. I think after that it was nice to walk.
But after loosing so much time to walking (and there was allmost nothing to see at the walk before Georgetown) we didn´t have time left to visit at least some of the craft brewery restaurants, witch we had in mind. Craft beers are sort of hobby for us.

Turska's Profile Photo
Turska
Mar 30, 2014

A Good Map is Very Useful

It doesn't matter if you are driving around the city or taking the Metro, a good Road Map will make the driving easier and reduce wasted time getting from one place to another when not knowing which way to turn. If I hadn't had my own personal driver, I think I wouldn't choose to drive a car. I'd take the Metro!!

Actually, I did get around via the Metro when my personal driver was unavailable. This system was not nearly as extensive as the one in Paris, which I had already experienced, but the D.C. Metro was easy to use and so efficient. Especially for site seeing. There were three lines when I was there and now they've added the Green Line. There are stations near or next to almost every site/ historical marvel you'll want to see.

I did not take the Metrobus so can't comment on this method. However, the link will take you to the official website with all the information you'll need.

lmkluque's Profile Photo
lmkluque
Jan 28, 2012

Best airport transportation company in DC

i made it on time to the airport. Also i have to mention that they were early at the pick off from my house and early at the drop off. I ride was clean, driver courteous. they made my trip to BWI airport at 5 am in the morning a very comfortable experience. The price was very affordable too. i recommend them to all washington dc

chicagoguy86
Mar 20, 2011

Best airport transportation company in DC

chicagoguy86
Mar 20, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Washington D.C.

3100 South St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
Hotels
1075 Thomas Jefferson Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
Hotels
1310 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
1111 30th Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
Hotels
2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States
Hotels
2650 Virginia Avenue Northwest, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

Reagan, Dulles and BWI airport to Washington DC

if you are traveling to Washington Dc and planing on getting off at Dulles airport, BWI airport, or Ronald Reagan airport; I strongly recommend this company called: Waldorf Air Trans. They are always on time, and very cheap. Plus they got clean vehicles and very courteous staff. during my 2 week stay in Washington DC, they drove me around whenever i needed it

alibaba1234
Jan 22, 2011

Avoid the DC Crowds

Crowds in DC can sometimes be overwhelming. Be sure to avoid the rush hour commutes (7 am-9 am and 4 pm-6pm) on Metro. Or, you can avoid tons of people by going around holidays--when the city empties out. Be aware, though, late spring, early fall, and summer are usually when DC museums and attractions are most frequented by visitors. You can avoid some of the tourist traffic by going during the week.

george1976
Feb 02, 2009

Get a good DC Map!

We lived in DC, the beltway 495 is the longest darn circle written on any map, make sure you are going the right way, and which exit you will need to get off on.
When driving the DC area, map out where you are going before getting in the car.
I know you should take the train, but DC needs to have one set price for the tickets/passes (like Chicago) Hey i can park downtown for that price!

LLend's Profile Photo
LLend
Aug 07, 2003

Metro Maps

In addition to the two sites mentioned in my "Metro" transportation tip, you might check out this one, too. It has good maps of the neighborhoods around Metro stations and you can sign up for email alerts about events near Metro stations. There are also links for info about businesses around specific stations. For each station, it also has photos of the station itself, its parking lots, etc. I stumbled onto it because the WMATA site sent me there when I asked for a map.

soccergrrl's Profile Photo
soccergrrl
Apr 17, 2003

Top 5 Washington D.C. Writers

matcrazy1's Profile Photo

matcrazy1

"Neither American nor European City :-)"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

GentleSpirit

"My Hometown"
View Member

Here is a valuable guide of...

Here is a valuable guide of the System Map, showing Points of Interests, Colleges and Universities, Shopping and Theaters and how to get there by taking the Metrorail.
Keep it handy !

axmor's Profile Photo
axmor
Aug 24, 2002

Things to Do Near Washington D.C.

Georgetown

We finished our day in Georgetown by visiting two very different historic cemeteries located quite close to one another. The first, Oak Hill Cemetery, was founded in 1848 on a 15-acre plot of land...

Watergate Complex

The Watergate Complex will forever be linked with the scandal that led to Richard Nixon's resignation in 1974. The complex itself is made up of five buildings, i.e. one office building, three...

Dumbarton Oaks

This fabulous estate dates back to the 19th century and it belonged to Robert and Mildred Bliss. Robert Bliss was an American diplomat who had graduated from Harvard University and, while they were...

Kennedy Performing Arts Center

Be sure to go on the Kennedy Center webpage and be on the lookout for free things to do here. Just today the 20th of March I attended a free Concert by Punjabi MC an Indian DJ who combine hip hop with...

Islamic Mosque & Cultural Center

This great Mosque was founded in 1947 during President Truman's term in office, and it is the very first Mosque to be built in the nation's capital. It came about after the sudden death of a Tursking...

Woodrow Wilson House

After he left office in 1921, President Thomas Woodrow Wilson retired to a beautiful house near what was to become Embassy Row. He lived there for 3 years until he passed way peacefully in February...

Getting to Washington D.C.

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map