Map &

Seattle City Tour
From $58.00

Seattle Highlights Sightseeing Tour
From $42.00

Seattle in One Day: Sightseeing Tour including Space Needle and Pike Place Market
From $124.00

Pub / Brewery Tips (25)

Dad Watsons: Can't go wrong with McMenamins!!!!

McMenamins is a huge chain in Oregon, when I lived in Eugene we were always going to the different McMenamins each and every one with their own style usually in old cool houses with wood floors and a really relaxed setting. The beer is unbeatable and I can't even begin to explain the food! When I moved back to Seattle my boyfriend (a native of Oregon) and I were amazed to find a McMenamins on Roy St. (bottom of queen anne) although it was pretty nice inside it just didn't have the McMenamins feel, how could it being the bottom floor of an apartment building?...until we found Dad Watsons. This is located in Fremont right across from the Dubliner, you want a burger and a beer, this is the place to go!

Favorite Dish The small basket of fries is amazing, it'll feed 3-4 people and of course a pitcher of any of their delicious brewskies!

Mar 06, 2004

Elephant & Castle: The Elephant Castle

A great pub located in the heart of downtown, you'll find all of the local business men having a beer after work here, but along with that great good and great drinks! Most importantly this restaurant has an amazing environment and energy.

Mar 09, 2004

The Pike Pub and Brewery: Good local brew

We ate only seafood, which was very good and served nicely.
The Pub is next to the Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle,

Favorite Dish Broiled salmon, it was cooked to perfection, not overdone like some and we were allowed to share a plate, since our capacity is reached prior to completing a dish.

jake22's Profile Photo
jake22
Dec 22, 2003

The Pike Pub & Brewery: Great food, Great Beer

In the "basement" of a "shopping mall" what do you expect ? Good food? Good Beer? Gotta thing about that one?

Well, head up to The Pike Pub & Brewery in Seattle. Just a block "down" from the world famous Pike's Fish Market in the Seattle Public Market, this restaurant serves up the best.

Excellent beer selection accompanies a broad pub fare to make for a great experience.

Favorite Dish In pubs I'm partial to burgers so I tried the musroom & onion burger...OH WOW...done to perfection (and I'm very fussy) with a taste that I can still savore.

Agraichen's Profile Photo
Agraichen
Jan 06, 2005

Sponsored Listings

Hotels in Seattle

515 Madison St., Seattle, Washington, 98104, United States
1113 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States
Hotels
400 Spring St., (formerly Pacific Plaza Hotel), Seattle, Washington, 98104, United States
1100 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States
1112 4th Ave., Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States
1101 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States

Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub: Irish Drinking Songs & Guinness

Kells is a great place for a quiet lunch (it's in a lightly traveled alley, the hustle & bustle disappears as you round the corner) during a day of shopping at Pike Place or a bit of Irish excitement in the wee hours of the night. I was in the bathroom one time and a truely Irish, truely smashed woman in the stall next to me was singing an Irish Lullaby of sorts. This was at noon...Ahh...good times!

I'm told that later in the evening they sometimes spontaneously break into a drinking song or two...

There is also outdoor seating in the alley, sounds a little trashy to say alley, it's actually great, I've never sat indoors before!

GO...ENJOY!!!

Favorite Dish I'm not the Irish pub fare type, but I usually order one of their fancy salads and they're always fantastic. Last time I went for their Smoked Salmon Salad and there was so much salmon that I enlisted my husband for help and between the 2 of us we were unable to eat it all. Everyone else goes for the Irish food and always says it's fabulous as well.

PrunedInWA
Jul 29, 2004

The Lookout: Some Happy Hour Selections on Monday Night

The web site and other literature claims that "The Lookout" has the best view in Capitol Hill. This may be true, but even so the view is not that impressive from here. It is kinda sorta possible to see the edge of Lake Union and a significant part of the Space Needle, but then much of Seattle has a view of the Space Needle.

We (two friends and myself) went here for a happy hour, which was advertised as happening all day Monday.

However, the happy our only applied to certain foods and certain dishes.

The food was OK, but not extremely spectacular. Granted: what can you expect in Seattle for the $5 happy hour price? However, I am also glad that we didn't pay the full price for these items, or I would have been particularly annoyed.

There is no happy hour menu, but the specials are written on the wall in chalk by the bar.

I selected "satisfied" on the selection box, but the fact is that if any of us had paid full price for what we got, we probably would have selected "Somewhat unsatisfied" and saying this place has "the best view in Capitol Hill", while technically true, doesn't really live up to expectations.

Favorite Dish Of the $5 happy hour selections, the Pita Pizza seemed to be the best option that any of us chose.

Aug 25, 2010

Paddy Coynes - Seattle: Irish Pub and Grub near South Lake Union area

While there are currently three locations for Paddy Coynes, the South Lake Union location was the first. It opened in 2004, and based on the crowds at 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday, has become a popular neighborhood spot, even during times when it has no reason to be.

While located in a very modern building, the interior has been furnished with woodwork and furniture to be a fine mixture between a modern restaurant and an old-world watering hole.

Check the calendar on the web site for various music and game nights, plus various other events.

There is a happy hour, though I wasn't there for it, and the bar appears to be reasonably well equipped, though I didn't sample anything from it.

Favorite Dish There is an assortment of good looking treats on on the menu. I chose one of the more expensive lunch offerings - the Bangers and Mash at $11.95. Diet coke runs $2.00 here. My lunch companion seemed to enjoy the half a meat loaf, at $6.95.

Nov 11, 2010

Mulleady's Irish Pub: Assorted Food with Imported Drinks of Various Type

Set among the varied residences of the Magnolia neighborhood, you would naturally expect a small neighborhood bar to be just that, as there isn't much other than residential in the immediately surrounding area.

The Irish Pub theme of Mulleady's certainly delivers that atmosphere, as well as serving up a variety of food. Despite the menu not being extremely extensive, it is quite impressive for a neighborhood bar type location.

Supposedly, according to the pub's propaganda, the huge urinal in the men's room is somewhat of a tourist attraction, having been saved from one of the old theatres in downtown Seattle. It is a fairly typical design from the 1920s and 1930s, however.

The downstairs part of the facility is open to minors until 9 in the evening.

There are two happy hours: 4 to 6 in the afternoon, and 10 tp 12 in the evenings.

Favorite Dish Irish Knockers and Colcannon for $14 features sausages specially made for Mulleady's by one of the Seattle meat houses. I've been told that the Grilled Mahi Mahi Wrap ($10) is also quite good.

The Black Cherry - Chocolate Cake ($4.50) is Wonderful, but it is also large enough to split between two people.

Except for happy hour, you will find that most of the beer here starts at $4.50.

Most of the menu is on the web site, so that will give you some better idea as to what is available here.

Sep 01, 2009
joiwatani's Profile Photo

joiwatani

"The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
jamiesno's Profile Photo

jamiesno

") @ L was great!"

glabah

"Emerald City of the Northwest"

Summer33

"It's not always raining in Seattle"
davequ's Profile Photo

davequ

"Seattle"

Rock Bottom Seattle: Great Food

The food is fresh & tasteful, service is good, beer is brewed there (There are 6 lagers & ales to choose) and the ambience is very nice.

Favorite Dish Yum, yum! Chicken Genovese (Pasta and chicken) & Hickory Burger (A half-pound of USDA Choice sirloin topped with melted Cheddar, crisp hickory smoked bacon and Stout barbecue sauce on a bakery fresh bun).

lolitajane's Profile Photo
lolitajane
Aug 30, 2004

T.S. McHugh's: An Irish pub and restaurant near Seattle Center

We were walking around the Key Arena at Seattle Center and stumbled upon a restaurant with red paned windows, flowers, and lighted pub signs for Harp, Bushmill's, Bailey's, and Guinness. Looking for a restaurant that could accommodate a group of eight as well as provide some decent beer, it seemed to fit the bill.

As we walked inside, it was evident that we were inside a pretty authentic recreation of an Irish pub. They had Irish lagers and stouts like Harp and Guinness on tap, plus several local specialties like Mac & Jack's African Amber Ale. I noticed that most of the patrons seemed to be over 30.

We were seated immediately at two tables at the back and service was prompt and efficient. Most people ordered appetizers such as onion rings and chicken wings. They also had many traditional items on the menu like beef & Guinness pie and Irish soda bread, but I decided to stick to the non-Irish pub fare as I was just craving a burger.

Overall, I'd likely go back to T.S. McHugh's if I was in the area craving Irish comfort food for dinner. This place is equally a restaurant as it is a pub.

Favorite Dish I had their crispy chicken burger with fries ($9.45) and a Strongbow cider. The chicken burger was very crispy (many places advertize crispy but only present you with deep-fried). It had a nice melted Swiss cheese, fresh tomato, crispy lettuce and was wrapped in red foil. On the side was a large slice of dill pickle.

The fries were thin but were double fried, meaning they were extra crispy. They tasted delicious... just like Dairy Queen fries. In fact, had you presented me that burger combo in another context, I would have sworn I was eating Dairy Queen, which is a good thing! I like Dairy Queen... but it kind of surprised me to find this at an Irish pub restaurant.

Carmanah's Profile Photo
Carmanah
Mar 31, 2008

74th Street Ale House: 74th Street Ale House

A great selection of draughts and a great menu. I used to live in this neighborhood (Greenwood/Phiney Ridge) in the early '80's and this was a hole-in-the-wall neighborhood tavern I used to go to when I did my laundry a few doors down. The place was remodled in the late 80's to its present state-a vast improvement!

Favorite Dish The Gumbo! Spicy and Delicious!

drmorf's Profile Photo
drmorf
Aug 26, 2002

Pyramid Alehouse: Local microbrewery

If you've got time before the game, head across the street from Safeco Field to the Pyramid Alehouse. They have several microbrews on tap, some seasonal.

Favorite Dish Mostly typical pubfare with a Northwest flair. Everything pairs well with whatever beer you decide on. Hate decisions? Try the beer sampler!

joyryd's Profile Photo
joyryd
Nov 30, 2005

Things To Do in Seattle

Elliott Bay Waterfront

Owned by the Port of Seattle (not the regular city of Seattle park system), the park runs through port owned property right along the Seattle waterfront. Combined with the Olympic Sculpture Park and...

Columbia Center Sky View Observatory

When it was built, the Space Needle was certainly the dominant feature of the Seattle skyline. However, over the past 40 years, many newer and very tall buildings have been built in Seattle. Today,...

Starbucks

Speaking of successful ventures, it's hard to believe that the mega coffee company Starbucks started out as a small coffee store located at the heart of Pike Place Market. The first store actually...

Capitol Hill

Capitol Hill (so named by a developer with political aspirations) is the counter culture heart of the Northwest. It's also the most densely populated neighborhood. The streets are lined with midrise...

Frye Art Museum

Since I was already planning on visiting the Portland Art Museum, I decided to skip the Seattle Art Museum and visit the Frye Art Museum instead. This museum located in the First Hill area first...

Smith Tower Observation Deck

A historical landmark, the building was the vision of Lyman Cornelius Smith, a New York tycoon, back in 1909. He did not live to see it open in 1914 but his son did. There is an observation deck you...

Getting to Seattle

Address

Various outlets and locations

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map