Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Capitol Hill Food Tour in Seattle
"Meet your guide in Capitol Hill a densely populated residential neighborhood near Downtown Seattle that's one of the city’s most prominent culinary nightlife and entertainment districts and counterculture communities. On your easy 2-hour walking tour you'll discover the plethora of great restaurants cafes bars nightclubs
From $61.00

Seattle Highlights Sightseeing Tour
"After hotel pickup start your 1.5-hour sightseeing tour by comfortable minibus in downtown Seattle. Your guide engages you with humorous stories and in-the-know facts and stats about the city. Tunes from Seattle’s famous musicians like Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain amp up the liveliness on board.Weave through the main retail district and cruise past the culinary landmark of Pike Place Market and the picturesque waterfront. Gaze at Seattle’s oldest buildings in Pioneer Square and learn about the city’s gold rush while passing through Old Town. Then drive through the Chinatown-Internat known locally as ‘ID' which dates back to the early 1900s.Cruise past the former home of Kurt Cobain and the high school that Quincy Jones and Jimi Hendrix attended. Along Lake Washington
From $42.00

Seattle Highlights Sightseeing Tour
From $42.00

Downtown Seattle Tips (45)

Hot air balloon rides

Hot air ballooning in Seattle is amazing. Most hot air balloon flights are out of Snohomish Washington. There are a few main companies where you can schedule flights:

Seattle Ballooning - www.seattleballooning.com
Balloon Depot - www.balloondepot.com
Airial Ballooning - www.airialballooning.com

The first time you can go ballooning in Seattle is at the Tulip Festival in April. True ballooning season in Seattle starts in May.

eliavcohen303
Feb 15, 2016

I travelled to Seattle in October 2014.
It was my first overseas trip my plan was to just visit Canada but when I found that Seattle was only a few short hours away I added that in to my trip and glad I did.
I was on my own but felt safe walking from the hotel to downtown.
I did come across a lot of homeless people but they didn't bother me if I said no they would say ok and leave me alone.
I did come across a few scary people that were loud made me feel uncomfortable but I just crossed the road or went in to a shop for a few minutes so I could come out and change direction with out it looking like I was scared.
I kept my eyes open at all times to what was in front of me so I could avoid any tricky situations.
But in all besides the once or twice time I came across the loud people which were either homeless or drug dealers or both I had no problems.
I walked the streets at night around the block or to the shops, I went to the markets on my own did cruise tour on my own.
I felt like I belonged in Seattle like I have been there before it wasn't hard to work out the area so I couldn't get lost.
The people I met were all lovely the only thing I couldn't work out was how to order food at a restaurant they were always so packed or I couldn't understand the menu board.
I ate the only food I could understand snicker bars, one time mc Donald breakfast which is different to the Australian mc Donald's and that sadly was all I ate.
But next time I visit Seattle I will be sure to work out how to order every restaurant I went by looked really good.
In all as a female travelling on my own I felt safe, at home and glad I visited Seattle.

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Seattle

515 Madison St., Seattle, Washington, 98104, United States
1113 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States
Hotels
400 Spring St., (formerly Pacific Plaza Hotel), Seattle, Washington, 98104, United States
1100 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States
1112 4th Ave., Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States
1101 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States

Easy Walking

Central Seattle is a good place to walk.

Some nice buildings, short distances from hotels, though the so called "highlights" are not that high, it's a nice place to spend an afternoon.

And not much more...

solopes's Profile Photo
solopes
Nov 01, 2014

Check out the Downtown views & Monorail

I don't know whether the monorail should go under "things to do" or "tourist traps."

But I enjoy watching it go by as I'm walking around downtown towards Seattle Center on 5th Avenue where I took this pic one night, and to me the monorail is to Seattle what cable cars are to San Francisco.

Here's some history on it & pictures if you're interested:
Seattle Monorail History

Anyway, you can ride the monorail from the Space Needle / Gehry's EMP (Experience Music Project) up to 11pm weekends (9pm mon-thurs) downtown to Westlake Center Station, at 5th Avenue and Pine Street. Adults $2.25 - kids $1.00. Seeing as how you're likely going to be hanging out by the Space Needle and EMP it's worth it to ride it once.

Here's the Monorail website

davequ's Profile Photo
davequ
Apr 21, 2012

Float Pane Tours and Transportation

Departing from the south side of Lake Union, near Lake Union Park, Kenmore Air operates charter, tourist, and scheduled air service from a small airport. Lake Union serves as its only runway.

Regularly scheduled flights out of the Lake Union airport include Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands, Victoria BC, Deer Harbor, the West Sound airport, and Lopez Island.

Tourist Packages include full packages to any of these destinations, including overnight stay, whale watching trips, and a number of other activities.

"Flightseeing" trips are out and back in a day trip. This includes a 20 minute $91 tour around Seattle, and a $199 two hour tour to the San Juan Islands - but the trip is so fast that you are not able to leave the aircraft upon arrival at any of the stops in the San Juan Islands.

Oct 19, 2011

Seattle Walking Tour

I recently visited Seattle and it is a great city to walk. If you are looking for Seattle things to do definitley check out Seattle By Foot walking tours. Seattle By Foot tours offers four unique walking tours of Seattle. You can select from the Seattle Coffee Crawl, Scenic Emerald City tour, Funky Fremont and Seattle Pub Crawl. If you are looking for things to do outside of downtown Seattle, the Funky Fremont tour heads to the fun neighborhood of Fremont. http://seattlebyfoot.com/

travelfun2011
Jul 27, 2011
joiwatani's Profile Photo

joiwatani

"The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
jamiesno's Profile Photo

jamiesno

") @ L was great!"

glabah

"Emerald City of the Northwest"
Summer33's Profile Photo

Summer33

"It's not always raining in Seattle"
davequ's Profile Photo

davequ

"Seattle"

Unique architecture & Art

Downtown Seattle is beautiful to walk especially on a nice afternoon.
Dotted amongst the various buildings are occasional sculptures and works of art.
Old and new blend seamlessly creating an interesting vibe to the city.

Make sure and stop at one of the many cafe's along the way or pubs for a rest and a drink.

Homanded's Profile Photo
Homanded
Jul 11, 2011

From a Wheelchair

Seattle is known for coffee - But we don't drink coffee

Seattle has some steep hills. So when we came to Seattle to go on a cruise I asked the hotel whether we could see some of Seattle on the flat as it were, since I was sure Bob wouldn't want to push me up hill. They assured me that the area around the hotel and down to the top part of Pike Place Market was pretty flat. And that proved to be true.

Along the way we saw Coffee shops, and Shoe stores, and even the Hard Rock. It was a nice morning jaunt.

grandmaR's Profile Photo
grandmaR
Jun 18, 2011

COFFEE

other than rain, seattle is very famous for its variety of coffee shops... having drank coffee in over half a dozen countries, i'm not about to tell you that seattle makes the best coffee.. That being said, coffee in the Pacific Northwest is different from other parts of the world and even from other parts of the country... you can't be a coffee drinker and not have heard of Starbucks which was founded in Seattle, but that is FAR from the best coffee in Seattle... i would actually rate it my least favorite of the local roasters.. For some reason, Starbucks is proud of the fact that they burn their beans while roasting and being a true coffee drinking purist (i drink black turkish style espresso even at home), i find that this method of roasting makes the coffee extremely harsh and bitter and all you can taste is burnt beans instead of the subtle flavor nuances that a true coffee freak looks for in a good coffee.. i believe that the reason Starbucks got so popular was that it was the first major coffee chain and that they specialize in making MIXED coffee drinks such as the uber-famous Frappucino and the everyday Mocha... i find such drinks to be an abomination of coffee.. if you really want to experience GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST COFFEE, look up some of the local, privately operated coffee roasters like Whidbey Island Coffee, Fuel, Espresso Vivace Roasteria, Zoka Coffee Roaster and Tea Co., and Victrola Coffee.... also you can visit the Tully's Flagship shop in downtown seattle or take a tour of the main roasting plant in south Seattle which is visible from miles away and from the freeway...

DanOlson81's Profile Photo
DanOlson81
Apr 04, 2011

Little Known Tours in Historic Transit Equipment

If you happen to see a nearly 70 year old trolley bus wandering through downtown Seattle or one of the other areas near Seattle (or sometimes even quite far from Seattle) it is most likely the Metro Employees Historic Vehicle Association. This group started with King County Metro employees, but today is a non-profit educational and museum group that restores and operates historic transit equipment. Membership is now open to anyone with an interest in helping preserve this part of Seattle's transit hsitory.

There are usually several trips a year in historic transit equipment, including one "fall foliage trip" that runs from Seattle deep into rural King County, and usually one Christmas Lights trip. There are several in the spring and summer months as well.

See the organization's web site, below, for more information about the preserved fleet of equipment and the tours that they operate.

The trips are very economically priced, and operated by volunteers. With anything done with "vintage" equipment, some things don't necessarily work the way they should. Therefore, don't expect everything to go as planned on these trips.

Also, these are transit vehicles, and do not have rest rooms on board. Plan accordingly before boarding.

Jan 05, 2011

Things to Do Near Seattle

Elliott Bay Waterfront

Owned by the Port of Seattle (not the regular city of Seattle park system), the park runs through port owned property right along the Seattle waterfront. Combined with the Olympic Sculpture Park and...

Columbia Center Sky View Observatory

When it was built, the Space Needle was certainly the dominant feature of the Seattle skyline. However, over the past 40 years, many newer and very tall buildings have been built in Seattle. Today,...

Starbucks

Speaking of successful ventures, it's hard to believe that the mega coffee company Starbucks started out as a small coffee store located at the heart of Pike Place Market. The first store actually...

Capitol Hill

Capitol Hill (so named by a developer with political aspirations) is the counter culture heart of the Northwest. It's also the most densely populated neighborhood. The streets are lined with midrise...

Frye Art Museum

Since I was already planning on visiting the Portland Art Museum, I decided to skip the Seattle Art Museum and visit the Frye Art Museum instead. This museum located in the First Hill area first...

Smith Tower Observation Deck

A historical landmark, the building was the vision of Lyman Cornelius Smith, a New York tycoon, back in 1909. He did not live to see it open in 1914 but his son did. There is an observation deck you...

Getting to Seattle

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Map