Minocqua Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Minocqua

• apuleuis's Profile Photo

Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty: Paul Bunyan's

by apuleuis Updated Oct 7, 2015

We went for the breakfast. My husband talked it up a lot so we had to go, but last time he went it was a buffet. Now it is family style. They offer biscuits & gravy individually. Then they bring out family style scrambled eggs, potatoes, pancakes, and different meats (sausage links, kielbasa & ham) & donuts. And you can always ask for more. While it wasn't bad - each food item was really basic, so I wouldn't make an effort to go again. Nice gift shop though.

Favorite Dish: The biscuits and gravy were good.

Address: 8653 Us Highway 51 N, Minocqua, Wisconsin 54548

Website: http://www.paulbunyans.com/

• ANTHONYS: WOW A MUST HAVE STEAK

by llech2 Written Jun 8, 2009

I HAD THE JAMESON STEAK AND THE SAUCE WAS EXCELLENT!!! MY WIFE ORDERED THE CARBONARA AND YOU BETTER BE READY TO TAKE SOME BACK TO THE HOTEL.

THE SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE WERE EXCELLENT AND SAY HI TO THE BARTENDER / OWNER KATIE SHE MADE A MEAN MOJITO.

Favorite Dish: JAMESON STEAK SAUCE IS THE BEST

Address: HIGHWAY 47 WOODRUFF

Directions: JUST SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF HIGHWAY 47 AND 51 LOCATED IN THE OLD TRAIN STATION FULL LOG BUILDING VERY RUSTIC

Phone: 7153581999

• Bosacki's: Clue less

by fishingreddog Written Sep 4, 2008

This place was a joke. The place was half empty on a holiday and it still took them 45 minutes just to get us drinks, and they screwed that up. The poor table next to us with kids waited 1 hour just to be told that they were out of hot dogs and the kids would have to order something else. The people working there walked around like zombies. On one table left after not getting any service at all for twenty minutes and we got up and followed.

• RoadMode's Profile Photo

Minocqua Brewing: Not my style

by RoadMode Updated Jul 26, 2007

First of all, we didn't eat there, so no comments on the food. But we did sample two beers: The wheat beer and the pale ale. Wheat is my favorite style, so I ordered it EVEN THOUGH the menu lists it as being for novice drinkers, which I am not. My fault, for sure, but it's for very novice drinkers; it has next-to-no flavor. My wife ordered a pale ale, hoping for some hops, but even that lacked substance. I tried hers too, but it wasn't good enough to order. Rather than pissing away any more money on indifferent beer we left. The bartender was less than friendly as well.

Address: North end of town

• Beer Tasting

• Island Cafe: Atmosphere and Good Food

by swardza Written Aug 1, 2006

This little restaurant is one of the best in town, everyone we take there wants to go back. They have good food, mostly sandwiches, soup and breakfast. The decor is a painted garden, you must see the bathrooms! The food is fresh and flavorful. We especially like the luch salad/soup buffet. Enjoy!

Address: 314 Oneida St. Minocqua, WI 54548

Directions: downtown Minocqua

• Thirsty Whale: Our favorite Minocqua Restaurant

by loonwatcher Written Oct 17, 2005

We love the Thirsty Whale! The Thirsty Whale is in a historic building, once a boat livery, sits right over the water- incredible views. Wonderful food - prepared by Chef Wes. Very reasonable - Nice Atmosphere - Great Service. Arrive by car or boat.
    Dining room has a cute lighthouse theme. Eat inside or outside on the waterfront deck. Either way, nice view of the lake.

Favorite Dish: I have many favorite dishes there. I often order the daily special. I have never had a bad experience.
    Filet Oscar, Shrimp Scampi,Jerk Chicken Saute', Artichoke and Spinach Dip

Directions: on the island, next to the entrance to the Bearskin trail/trussle bridge.

Phone: 715-356-7108

• Bosacki's: HORRIBLE!

by DonnaBella Written Aug 21, 2005

My husband HAD to eat at Bosacki's. It's raved about in books. Don't believe the books. The hostess was rude to us, & we should have left then. I asked her if they will cater to food allergies, she looked at me & said, "just don't order what you are allergic to". DUH! Why didn't we think of that?
    Our waiter was nice. He tried to accommodate, but when our "broiled" (not even grilled, BROILED) steaks came, they were SMOTHERED in the stuff both boys& I are allergic to. He asked if I could eat it if they scrape it off? Uh, no.

Favorite Dish: Took my meal, and one son's back. My hubby & other son ate. We starved. Apparently, when our dinners got brought to the back, we also got moved to the back of the service line. They told us it would be another long wait for my son & my new meal to be prepared.

We were mad. We left hungry,as we cancelled our meals. My hubby & other son ate. And what they DID eat, he said was one of the WORST ribeye steaks that he had ever had. It was dry and completely tasteless.

Directions: Just as you enter into Minocqua

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Be sure to hit up, 'Mama's...

by Astrobomb Written Oct 4, 2002

Be sure to hit up, 'Mama's Italian Supper Club', 'Norwood Pines', 'Polecat and Lace'
    Everyplace has a woodsy feel to it, some more than others.

Favorite Dish: Friday Night Fish Fry. You'll have to do test runs at different places to find the best one for you, but it's a must! Fish fry is the best!

Directions: Resturaunts are everywhere. Check the phone book for places both near and far.

Instant Answers: Minocqua

Comments

Minocqua Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Minocqua restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Minocqua sightseeing.