Map &

Rate it
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Buenos Aires Combo Tour: City Sightseeing and Tigre Delta Half-Day Trip Plus Tango Show with Dinner"Buenos Aires Sightseeing Tour (morning)You will be pickup from your hotel and head to Downtown Buenos Aires.  You will see the 'Plaza de la República' on 'Avenida 9 de Julio' where the Obelisk of Buenos Aires is placed. You will be able to appre home to the ""Casa Rosada"" the official office of the Argentine president the Metropolitan Cathedral and city hall. You will reach the south part of the city of San Telmo where you can admire the colonial architecture and continue to the neighborhood of 'La Boca' with its famous football stadium of Boca Juniors. Here you'll visit the famous 'Caminito' street with its colorful buildings and local artists selling their work.Head to the north part of the city. You will drive through 'Puerto Madero'
From $181.00

Piazzolla Tango Show and Dinner in Buenos Aires
"See the impressive Piazzolla Tango in the city where it all began Buenos Aires! After pickup from your downtown Buenos Aires hotel you’ll arrive at the historic Guemes Gallery designed by Francisco Gianotti in the early 1900s. Be swept away by the energetic atmosphere of the tango show performed in the gallery’s Astor Piazzolla Theatre named after the famous Argentine tango composer and musician. While you watch the dancing and listen to the music enjoy the rich interior of the gallery
From $45.00

Buenos Aires Private City Tour by Car
"This tour is aimed for independent travelers who are looking forward to exploring Buenos Aires in a relaxed way.Moving through the city aboard a car will allow you to visit all the city highlights in just a few hours. You'll follow a complete itinerary that will provide you an introduction to the city highlights and off the beaten track points as well.You will visit the 'must see' of Buenos A such as La Boca San Telmo Plaza de Mayo Palermo or Recoleta Cemetery
From $450.00

Taxis Tips (43)

Grand prix or taxi drivers

The taxi drivers drive like they were grand prix drivers, maybe because they want us to remember of great champion Juan Manuel Fangio….

…Well, but anyway, the taxi is the best option of transportation in Buenos Aires. From Recoleta to Palermo Viejo it costs something like 8 pesos (less than 3 dollars today)…

Don’t worry about buses or metro’s schedules, take a taxi in BA, I strongly recommend it!!!

leosantanajr's Profile Photo
leosantanajr
Mar 06, 2006

Buenos Aires Taxi

Easiest and safest way is to get one from a radio taxi.Ask from the hotel where u staying or restaurants or shops to get one for you.It will arrive 5-10 minutes max.
These are trusted radiotaxis,so the fare will be stated exactly on the meter (starts at 1.60)
Most of the taxidrivers DO NOT speak english,so be ready with the addresses or ask the ppl who call for the taxi to tell them where you are going.

Hailing a taxi from the street is also not a problem.Just be careful as they say there are unlicensed ones operated by some mobs and they rob the ppl.As far as my experience goes,most of them are good ones.Just look for some licensed signs on the taxi!

Prices vary with places but considerably cheap.
But avoid peak hours.Traffic is quite bad!

namidub's Profile Photo
namidub
Nov 21, 2005

Radio Taxis

Just a note to anyone feeling a little apprehensive about getting around B.A. My husband and I just returned from a weeklong trip in October, 2005. Before traveling there, we were quite concerned about our means of getting around the city since my husband is not a bus/subway rider. We usually take taxis. However, there were so many warnings about being careful who you choose to ride with. BUT, please put your mind at ease. Although we did not use the subway, called Subte, nor the public busses (both I understand are VERY inexpensive), we did use their taxi service, the RADIOTAXI, every day. Be sure the vehicles, which are yellow and black, have the words RADIOTAXI on the door and you will not have anything to worry about. Also, the dollar/peso ratio makes even the taxi rides very inexpensive. When you start your taxi journey, the meter will read $1.80 pesos. That's less than $1.00 U.S. The ratio is $3.00 peso to $1.00 U.S.

Florabean's Profile Photo
Florabean
Oct 22, 2005

A DEAR TAXI DRIVE CALLED MANUELA

She is very kind, she is an expert in all the ways and corners of Buenos Aires and I am talking about a HUGE CITY. She is a great mother and beloved friend...Simply adorable, I spend almost one month in the city, and I used a lot of taxis, and taxis in Buenos Aires are like cockroaches in Senegal...THERE ARE BILLION OF TAXIS IN THE CITY, but she was the first woman I come across in my outings in the city, and to my surprise SHE IS A PILOT, extremely honest, she offers you many options for the fastest trip!

She works for the TAXI COMPANY RADIO TAXI PORTEÑO, and this company can be reached if you dial 4566-5777...

You can call and ask for Manuela, she is my great driver in Buenos Aires, and good, I just got one more good friend in a city that I really love!

With her you can go everywhere in Buenos Aires with safety!

Sept - LAST WEEK - 2005

RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
RafaelTheSecond
Oct 05, 2005

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Buenos Aires

Hotels
Avenida de Mayo 1152, Buenos Aires, Capital Federal District, 1085ABO, Argentina
Suipacha 5706
Fray J Sta Maria de Oro 2529, Buenos Aires, C1425FOJ, Argentina
Avenida de Mayo 984
Las Heras 2163, C1127AAD
Alsina 2820, Buenos Aires, 1207, Argentina

Terrifying taxis!

If you are faint of heart, keep your eyes closed when riding in a taxi! Those guys are crazy - and I'm originally from NY so I should be used to it! You could be on a street made for 3 lanes of traffic, but the cars drive so close to one another and have no regard for the lane separators, that there will be six rows of cars instead. But I met some great taxi drivers and most of them were very pleasant and tried to speak to me even though their English wasn't that great and my Spanish is even worse!!!

lizzytex's Profile Photo
lizzytex
Aug 09, 2005

Taxi!!!

If you want to move around Buenos Aires, the best and cheapest way to do it is by taxi. Don't even think about moving around in any kind of transport other than taxis. Affordable, safe and everywhere!!!

IIGUANA's Profile Photo
IIGUANA
Jul 31, 2005

Catch a Cab

Porteños advise against taxis, they say it is very expensive and that there might be robberies and they usually do not have seatbelts for passengers.

Well, although some taxi drivers were very impolite and rude, none of them tried to rob or rip me off. They even offer a receipt for the run if you ask them. Some of them have those machines on the meter.

I don't think the run is expensive. Compared to other latin american countries, I guess it was the least expensive.
I went all over and the most I paid was 15 Pesos, I guess.

There are also the remis, which are a "private driver service"
Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference.
At the hotel they always called us cabs from private companies - you can always see if they are from a company cuz they have its name on the door, and the color are different, not always the yellow standard.
I don't know if those company cabs are the Remis they talked about at the airport, but if so, well, there is no difference at all. Although at the Hotel we were informed that the company cabs are safer.
Still, you might as well get a company cab if you get a card with a driver or if you see them go by on the street.

lelyramires's Profile Photo
lelyramires
May 11, 2005

Cabs

Cabs are everywhere in Buenos Aires, and if you're in the center of the city, you won't have a problem catching one even in the middle of the night. Cab rides can be extremely cheap, so they're not a bad way to travel. I have heard warnings that you should always call a cab company and have them send one to get you because some cab drivers will rob you. I always just caught a cab on the street, even late at night by myself, and I never had a problem, but that's not to say it doesn't ever happen.

That said, I think the buses are a much more fun and interesting way to get around, unless you're in a rush. If you've got some time, take a COLECTIVO (see below for details).

MDC6
Apr 24, 2005

Top 5 Buenos Aires Writers

sof76's Profile Photo

sof76

"Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
Sonador3's Profile Photo

Sonador3

"Buenos Aires 2004"
MeZuGa's Profile Photo

MeZuGa

"Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

sabrina_florida

"Buenos Aires the local way!"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"My Home Away from Home"

Extraordinary Taxista

I have had incredible luck with taxi drivers around the world.. BA being no exception but Claudio Cohen is an exception to the other taxi drivers that i have met ( except of course Ramon with whom I have lost touch).
During this visit, Claudio was there for us, any time of the day or night and almost always punctual.. are you really an argentine I asked him, because of his punctuality!
He is a true porteno, a working class person, with a family and children. working hard to support them and with a cheerful face. He is of Turkish Jewish/Lebanese Jewish ancestry, so we had that also in common. We became such good friends that if i dont call him in the morning and tell him I am alright, he might just show up at the hotel and enquire. It is so good to have such a good taxi driver in Buenos Aires. In fact I have to say that he is the best taxi driver that i have ever met in my travels. People were surprised when I left my luggage with him on my trip north of the country and there he was waiting for us at the airport.. When I had to say good bye to my friend at the airport, Claudio took us to Ezeiza and waited till my friend left and we came back together, counselling my sadness over the recent departure.
If you do meet him, tell him hello from Kadar that is what he calls me ( my hebrew surname)

cochinjew's Profile Photo
cochinjew
Mar 26, 2005

Taxis Everywhere

It was astonishing to look down onto Av. Callao from our hotel balcony and see the whole street crowded with the yellow and black taxis of Buenos Aires. Over 50% of the traffic was solely due to their presence!

For our first day of sight-seeing, we took a long walk to the area of the Casa Rosada (Presidential Palace) so we could take in the ambience of the city at our leisure. However, it was a hot 33 deg C day (90s F) so we were dragging by the afternoon. That was when we took our first taxi ride, from San Telmo district back to our hotel. We were impressed enough that we made their use a regular fixture in our remaining time in the city.

Step to the side of a curb anywhere in the city and 'whoosh' a taxi will pull up within 30 seconds. Ours all had the standard meter (and this is the type recommended) set at A$1.60 (US$0.55) as a base fare. These guys can negotiate the streets around BA without problems and we never seemed to get stuck in a traffic jam. A typical fare from our central hotel to the more distant Recoleta or La Boca districts was about A$6 (US$2) - hard to beat that!

I found it useful to have a small slip of paper with my destination written on it ('Callao 292' for instance) to avoid any possible language confusion! It is customary to tip the driver by rounding the fare up to the next A$ value (5.60 becomes 6.00).

Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
Bwana_Brown
Mar 21, 2005

Taxis

Other people have said that to get a taxi in Buenos Aires you should call for a radio taxi. Hogwash!!! In my 2 trips in less than a year I have taken over 200 different taxis and I've always hailed them on the streets and never had any problems.

Just know what to look for when you are hailing a taxi. Look for a logo on the front door that say it's a radio taxi. Also look to see that there is a company logo on the back door. When you look in at the back seat, look for a licsense to be hanging from on the back of one of the front seats. If one or more of these are not present, then wave away the taxi and hail another one.

Not to say this is foolproof. There are 40,000+ taxis in Buenos Aires and there is bound to be some crooked taxi drivers. Just keep an eye on where he is taking you and if something doesn't feel right, then ask him to stop and get out. Also, never get into taxi from a tourist area, such as the Colon theatre. Walk a few blocks and grab a taxi from there.

Taxis are everywhere and very cheap. Most trips in and around Buenos Aires is between $4 - $10 pesos.

lkdahl's Profile Photo
lkdahl
Mar 11, 2005

about taxis

Well, I often read that you should use "radio taxis" in BsAs for security or whatever...
This tip is a bit useless (or outdated?) if you don't know the name of a certain service, because it is hard to find a taxi *without* the word "radio" printed somewhere ;-)

Update: Used them at my last day to get to the bus terminal.
From Corrientes (near Callao) to the Terminal: ca. 15 minutes and 5,80 peso
and he took the shortest possible way, so my experience is quite good (but only one ride)

clocki's Profile Photo
clocki
Feb 12, 2005

Things to Do Near Buenos Aires

Chacarita Cemetery

We have another big cementery in the city. It is called Cementerio de la Chacarita and it's located in Chacarita. Free guided visits: every 2° y 4°saturday at 11 am. En la ciudad tenemos otro...

Tierra Santa - Religious Theme Park

Venta de Entradas: Martes a Viernes de 9 a 21.30 hs. (Parque abierto hasta las 23 hs.) Sábados, Domingos y Feriados 11 a 22 hs. (Parque abierto hasta las 23.30 hs.) Entradas: Mayores $15 Menores...

Bosques De Palermo - Palermo Park

The Palermo parks are not to be missed when visiting Buenos Aires! There’s a lot of green spaces in this beautiful city, and this is most evident in the parks of Palermo. The parks are huge and I...

Lagos de Palermo

lago de palermo: Es el lugar ideal para paseos, deportes acuaticos, ejercicios físicos, contemplación de su vegetación. Es muy visitado en el verano donde se organizan una gran variedad de actividades...

Evita Museum - Museo Evita

Whilst most visitors to Buenos Aires seek out Eva Peron's final place of rest at the Recoleta Cemetery, the Museo Evita (entry 50 Pesos), fleshes out the story of this most well known...

Avenida Santa Fe

I recommend you to take a walk along this avenue. A good starting point is the corner of Avenida Santa Fe and Avenida Pueyrredon (theres a subway station of the D line on that corner). Walk on...

Getting to Buenos Aires

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map