The Pride Hotel

Vidhan SoudhaVidhan Soudha

Bangalore on your own!

by cosmicworld

Hey there,

I'm planning to come to bangalore in July for 2 months. I'm going to be doing some volunteer work whilst i'm am there, but having been looking at hotels in the area and everything, well looks expensive! I'm hpoing to stay somewhere central, and is safe for a girl by herself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Preeti

by nav_jewel

there are perhaps 2-3 options for you (they are in the increasing cost order here):

Hostels (there are large no, of working women in Bangalore, so won;t be difficult for you to find one)
Paying Guest (has safety, reasonable price, and you live almost with a family)
Service apartments (expensive, but like a own home)

by bkirthi

If you are too keen about a hotel... there is a new venture called Tata Indione come up near whitefield area in bangalore.. I used to cost around 800 Rs. per night.. its a B&B.. for a 2 month stay.. you could probably have a negotiated rate..

RE: RE: Bangalore on your own!

by bkirthi

Here is the link to their website

by dr_thomas

whats your budget for the room???they even have rooms with food supply..let me know your budget.

by mr.Koool

Hai Preet

Do call me thru 9343496526 when u reach Bangalore ..Itz notta difficult thing to find a place for any budget here ...I can guide u.

RE: RE: Bangalore on your own!

by mr.Koool

sorry a small correction in my number ..itz 9243496526

Bangalore on your own!

by cosmicworld

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your help! I've finally found somewhere to stay and the rate doesn't seem too bad! Also it's central which is great. So, whenever you guys are all meeting up, count me in!

Preeti

Travel Tips for Bangalore

Best Chinese Food in Bangalore

by llaw2 about Chung Wah

The boss speaks very fluent Chinese and he is 3rd generation in India. If you are from South East Asia, especially Malaysia or Singapore, you will find the food here very tasty. You can get good chinese tea here too.

As fas as I know, they have 3 branches, one near Brigade road (Residency Rd, the best), one in Koramangala (next to Masjid E Mamoor)more expensive, and food is so so) and another one on the way to bangalore zoo .

Price is reasonable (even they have just increased the price recently, Residency Rd Branch). Chow Mee Fun

Bangalore

by June.b

"South-East Asia's Silicon Valley"

After a tiring tour of Agra and New Delhi, I flew in to Bangalore, I don't even know why I flew in here - strange but I don't have a specific purpose. I surf the net, found cheap tickets from Sahara Air and before I knew it, am already inside the plane that got delayed for 5 hours due to technical fault, whatever it is, but it was during the time that airports were very strict and the news on TV were about the incident in LHR.

We were already onboard and enduring the mid-day heat and the airconditioning of the aircraft seems to be on low or not working at all, when after an hour or more, the captain announced that we have to be back at the terminal because of a technical default. So we waited for about 4 hours at the terminal in agony before we finally boarded again and flew to Bangalore, the flight went fine - obviously because I was able to write this up.

I arrived at Bangalore airport late afternoon already due to the delayed flight. Checkout my tourist trap page about taxis at the terminal.

I took the prepaid taxi going to the hotel, it's about a 20-minute drive to Residency Road which is a junction road to Brigade Road which is one of Bangalore's busy road which is also connected to M.G. Road - the main thoroughfare.

I did not stay much in Bangalore, spent only less than a week, not much to see unless you will go out of town to Mysore or Ooty.

Yet Bangalore is a happening place with a lot of cool bars to hangout at night, mostly concentrated at the main M.G. Road and Brigade Road.

And the best part is Bangalore has a very good climate, ranging from 20 to 30 when I was there in September. It was raining during that time.

Check the budget accommodations I've stayed in Bangalore, as well as transport out of Bangalore .

"The countryside"

Bangalore's outskirts has these nice landscapes, a bit colder than the other big cities of India.

Comments