The Yokohama Novotel

Costs 21% less and rated 13% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Yokohama

Mitsuike ParkMitsuike Park

Yokohama China Town's entranceYokohama China Town's entrance

World Porters, Yokohama.World Porters, Yokohama.

Landmark Tower!Landmark Tower!

Travel Tips for Yokohama

Minato Mirai 21 Entrance

by hotshot0428

This is my first day (June 10 during World Cup Game) and the start of my adventure just by myself because my Japanese girlfriend is working.
From Yokohama Station there is tourist information center they can speak English, and some can speak different language. And there a lot of pamplet, maps or brouchure for tourist as a guide.
So I ask her I want to go to Sakuragi-cho Station them the woman said track number (sorry I can not remember now) so I go, then I'm waiting for the first train them I ride for 15 minute, and I'm looking for a maps and I said to myself this is not the place I want to go. SO I GET LOST. I asked Japanese people around me I said, "Ei-go ga wakarimasuka", meaning do you understand English they answered either they shake their head meaning no, or making hand gesture like a little bit. After that you say "Arigato Gozaimasu", meaning to say "thank you very much" after that they smile at you.
Most Japanese don't speak English so my recommemdation is bring a small pocket book like I have, translated English to Japanese but not Japanese character or they call it "Roma-ji".
They have many different tracks. And I did not know that in one track of the trains there is maybe five different distination too confusing for me. So before riding a train be sure to double check it again ask people around you. And finally I arrived in Sakuragi-cho Station.
. Around Yokohama Station is crowded
especially rush hour bumper to bumper just like cars can hardly walk or move unlike here in Vancouver.
The people are very helpful speaking in Japanese language and they give you hand direction if you get lost.
Japanese people on the trains, on shoppings malls and many places where I met who can speak English they step in to volunteer to help you. Also, when you speak to them and you praise them that you speak good English they are very shy and humble to admit. Most of this people I met young, university students and middle ages either they are work for foreign companies or business men or woman travelling abroad. And boy, what an experience, and I have fun.

Yokohama Sea Paradise

by mikoykoy

Japan's Largest Collection of Aqua Museum

Theme park surrounded by nature. Visit of the park is not complete without seeing the aqua museum and dolphin show.

Entrance around the park is free but if you wish to watch the dolphin show, ticket costs Y2400.

Yokohama

by KevinMichael

"One of Japan's most exciting places to be"

For years, I've heard from so many that this is the place to go and if possible the place to live. Yokohoma offers so much to the visitor and I'm sure for those living there as well. Much like San Francisco, where I'm originally from, Yokohama has its own China town, beautiful piers, bridges, parks, plenty of places to eat and shop. It also has one of the largest shopping malls I've ever been to. And on top of that a Hard Rock Cafe.

"For the view"

Yokohama also has a tower for taking in the view of the city. There are other areas in Yokohama to take in the view as well including a gigantic ferris wheel located farther away from the Marine area.

"Plenty of things like this"

For those who are up for the thrill or sheer terror of it, there are plenty of things like this in Yokohama. After going on this "ride", I chuck it up as one of those things I never ever want to do again. But, I'm sure there are pleny of others who don't have the fear of heights that I do. So, be my guest and go for it.

Comments