Marina Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Busan

Downtown BusanDowntown Busan

Live bands and dancing at StarFaceLive bands and dancing at StarFace

??????

near Texas Street and Busan Stationnear Texas Street and Busan Station

Anyone used the Chinese Consulate in Busan

by DSwede

I need to get a Chinese Visa while in Korea. I work during standard business hours, so it is not always easy to get to either Busan or Seoul to visit the government offices while they are open.

There is an Embassy in Seoul, and there is a Consulate in Busan. Busan is much easier to get to for me. Has anyone used this office to obtain a Chinese Visa?

Re: Anyone used the Chinese Consulate in Busan

by DSwede

My answer posted from another forum:

If you are in a taxi, your driver should be able to find it with the Korean map given on the web page. If you are finding your own way, like I did, it is tucked away rather well.

The easiest way to find it is by going to the Yacht Marina (near Suyeong 2gyo, Suyeong 2nd bridge). Immediately accross from the yacht center is a Presbyterian Church. Go up from the yacht center, go by the church, and immediately after the church entrance, take a left. The consulate will be about 100m down that road.

Their Visa services are available for drop-offs between 9~11:30am. They can process the Visa in 1-2-4 days depending on the expediting charge. Pick up will at the same location.

Travel Tips for Busan

Stainless Steel eating utensils

by SLLiew

In Busan and all over South Korea, when you eat your rice, it comes in a stainless steel bowl with stainless steel chopsticks.

Our guess is that it is for hygiene purpose and for environmental protection of felling trees to make disposable chopsticks. It gives a unique steel taste. I would prefer wood or plastic chopstick anytime but in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Busan Train Station

by bpacker

It was only much later that I found out that Busan Station was newly built in September 2003 to accomodate the new speed train from seoul. Expect to see lots of space and fiddle with automatic ticket vending machines. The subway station is just outside of the train station so that will get you downtown.

Busan Tower

by Carino

As in every bigger city in the world, Busan also offers a Tower. It's 118 metres high and offers a good view over the city, even though the view is not breathtaking.

Have a look at my Travelogue to see pictures of the view.

Admission is W1600.

Summertime at Haeundae Beach

by amambaw

Haeudae Beach has been a place of escape for me since I arrived in Busan... that is, it was before the swimming season started! The beach officially opens for July and August, and once this happens, well, just look at the picture if you want to get an idea of the result.

The beach itself is actually a very nice place to be, even when it's busy. There's lots to see, especially if you're into people watching like I am. If you want to veg out, you can rent an umbrella for about 3,000 Won (if anyone asks you for much more, find another vendor). You can add a beach chair to that for another 7,000 Won. If you want to walk around, stick to the concrete sea wall that stretches from one end of the bay to the other. It's busy, but you'll see plenty.

If you get hungry or thirsty, there are plenty of vendors along the way to help you ease the pangs. You can also usually find hats, sunscreen, parasols, sandals, body art, jewellery, and lots of other things to steal away your cash.

Celebrating Spring in Busan

by bpacker

"Taking a bath in busan"

If you were to ask me now what I remembered most about Busan now, it would have to be the most mavellous bath I had there. I'm being honest, all I remembered were the numerous vats of magical bath water they had over there, the massage waterfall, the herbal sauna and the other indulgent but whimsical facilities they had over at Hoeshimchang. But after reviewing my photos, I suppose I'll do Busan in an injustice if I just raved about getting my skin all wrinkly like a prune. True, I stopped over at Busan in spring, explored her beautiful petal-covered parks, streets and took an appetising open-air meal in in woody Namsan park. But it was just a brief stopover for me, I was enroute to Gyeongju, the marvelous ancient gem of Korea, and I could hardly wait to leave this little port town. But looking back , this little place does have its charms and quiet beauty. Hubby even had to agree grudingly since he's a de-facto citizen over here because of his work. But of course, I knew he had a good time that spring. How often do you get to walk down a street in spring time under a clear blue sky with the scent of cherry blossoms lingering in the air? Once in a memory. I captured his expression in a photo and I think you would agree with me.

"Namsan Park"

Other than taking the cable car to the top of Mt. Namsan (265m above sea level) , there's lots of other things to do. Bird watching, eating ice cream or taking a picnic on her vast wooded grounds.

Comments