Taj Airport Garden Hotel

More about Taj Airport Garden Hotel

Sign Board at Boarding LoungeSign Board at Boarding Lounge

WTCWTC

Colombo mapColombo map

Mural on the wallMural on the wall

Fare from Colombo Airport to Taj Garden Hotel

Hi Folks:

My parents will be arriving in CMB late at night on 15th June. I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how much will it cost to go to the Taj Garden Hotel from Colombo airport, and are there hotel shuttle services to & from the airport.

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards
RH

RE: RE: Fare from Colombo Airport to Taj Garden Hotel

by hamirwasia

I am looking for the Taj Airport Garden Hotel.

RE: Fare from Colombo Airport to Taj Garden Hotel

by srupesh

Hi Again,

You can ask the hotel itself to pick your parents and drop off them back at the airport. I remember they are only staying only for short while (one day) in Sri Lanka. I hope if you arrange it in the above way would be easy and very convenient for them too.

But if the hotel seems to be charging too much for this small ride, you people have alternative to ahead with the Airport Taxi service or other transport providers. Airport Taxi service is another reliable service for going to the hotel from CMB but from their you have to depend on other service provider to get back to Airport.

As the hotel and CMB is not much far away therefore I think the cost would be less or around US$5 per single journey.

As far as I know there is no regular shuttle service between the hotel and Airport. The only way to get is to request from them.
All the best

RUPESH

RE: RE: Fare from Colombo Airport to Taj Garden Hotel

by hamirwasia

Thanks for the reply Oscar and Rupesh.

Travel to Kandy from Airport

by lol83

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could tell me when the last bus to Kandy from the airport would be? I don't land until 5pm but was hoping to go straight to Kandy by public transport if possible.

by Maxus

There is a bus from the airport to Kandy (it takes getting on for 3 hours) first you need to get the shuttle bus to Katunayaka bus station, it’s not far but the shuttle bus will hang around until it’s full and if you’re even slightly delayed in the air or in the airport it could be getting dark before find the Kandy bus, assuming there is one at that time of day…………….

…………….someone may know the time of the last bus, according to my battered old copy of Lonely Planet, the last one coming the other way leaves Kandy at 5.30, which tells you nothing other than they didn’t used to run all night.

I’m normally an advocate for using public transport but after a long flight I would definitely think about getting a taxi to Kandy or spending your first night in Negombo, particularly if you have anything more than a backpack to carry.

If I wanted get to Kandy (which isn’t my favourite city) I’d use the train but it’s not a serious option from the airport at this time of day.

by Jeananne

Lat bus to Kandy is 8pm , but I agree with all Maxus says. Stay in Negombo or at the Taj Airport garden Hotel ( 4 minutes from airport) and then to to Kandy next morning.

by Maxus

...and after a long flight and a 3-hour bus ride I wouldn't fancy arriving in Kandy at 11pm unless there was someone meeting me off the bus.

Travel Tips for Colombo

What's in the name?

by mafi_moya

Colombo grew up as a major port near the mouth of the Kelani River. Its first name was actually Kalan-totta (which means the Kelani ferry). Arab traders used the port as both an important trading point and a stop-off for long journeys to the Far East and soon a significant Arab community made its home here and changed the name to Kolambu.

When Portuguese troops took over the city and other coastal parts of the country, they corrupted the city's name to Colombo in 1517. The city was re-named in honour of the explorer Christopher Colombus who had sailed to the Americas 25 years before.

The Dutch took over in 1656 and then the British in 1796 and then the Sri Lankans got independence in 1948. The name of the country changed several times but the city stayed the same.

Now things have settled down...

by syed-arshad

Now things have settled down in Srilanka, with a truce between LTTE and Srilankan Govt. its safe to travel to SriLanka, ofcourse u will be checked at number of places and even asked to show ur passport dont be surprised if they insist on a physical check at various places like monuments , temples...
Srilanka is a very,very beautiful country with lush green hills and clear blue waters...u can get anything from sea to treking.

that useful umbrella

by call_me_rhia

An umbrella is useful every day in Colombo... it canprotect you from the rain, it can protect you from the sun... and especially it can ürotect you from people's eyes. This is what I liked best in town - the sweetest sight of all... dozen and dozen of young couples at Galle Green, chilling our and kissing, hidden behind that useful umbrella.

Packing List

by brdwtchr

My back pack was all I had most of the trip and turned out to be all I needed. Nearly every one in Sri Lanka carried an umbrella. On sunny days it would be used for shade. I wanted to keep both hands free to use my cameras so I did not take one. I would suggest some sort of a light weight rain coat that could also serve as a wind breaker if you go into the hill country. I got heart burn from all the curry I ate on my trip. Next trip I am going to take some antacid tablets like tums or rolaids. I took lots of film with me. I was afraid I could not find places to buy film once I got there. I need not have worried about it. Most of the time I was in Sri Lanka there were places nearby to get film and it was not terribly expensive. Consider taking a bug repellant if you are going to be doing certain out door activities. Sun screen would also be an obvious choice. Keep what is essential to you with you because the air lines lost my luggage for a week. I got it back two days before I was to return home.

Dehiwela Zoo

by srupesh

The Dehiwela zoo is some thing always fascinate our locals because that’s the only place where most of the local take Sri Lankan take their children to see the animals. They rarely go to see any other wild parks due to various reasons. If I can specifically mention some thing the Dehiwela zoo is some thing that every traveler misses in his travel plan.

Why……???
You can’t see every animal which dedicated to Sri Lanka in wild parks because every wild park is different from each other. You can either go to Animal Park or Birds Sanctuary and so on. But in zoo you can see them with safely.

Elephant Dance
The elephant dance in the zoo is really famous among the locals. I think it take place 4pm in the evenings (I am not sure whether it is there every day or only on weekends let check that later & up date it for you).

Reasons……
Travelers do go to Pinawella to see the elephants. They take photographs and feed the elephants. But you can’t see elephants prtcipating in any activity other than bathing and eating. Here the giants do various performances for to make you happy.

Wild Parks and Animal Sanctuaries are visited by almost every traveler but the you mostly see elephants here and few other animals too. There are static they will be moving every where so your luck plays major role when you go to see them. But here they are in cages and den you watch them until you get feed up them with ultimate safety.

Tips
Make sure you bring your water, food and other stuffs you need. There is a small canteen or boutique inside the zoo. But I think they won’t to cater your need most of the time. If you ran out of water you can buy them from the canteen.

Comments