Best Western Gaillon Opera

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Best Western Gaillon Opera

Which Paris Hotel?

by dorice

My husband and I are going to Paris in November for five days. This will be our second visit. We were there nine years ago and stayed in Hotel Louvre St. Honore. We loved the location,but the room was very small. We are now holding reservations at three hotels-best Western gaillon Opera, Hotel Opera de Noailles, and Libertel Lafayette. We prefer the location of the first two hotels. The price for Opera de Noailles is much higher than Gaillon Opera since it is a four-star hotel as opposed to a three-star hotel. The Libertel is a three-star hotel and we have a good rate there. All our rates seem to be OK. Does anyone know about these hotels? Can you give me any advice?

by CALSF

Parisian hotel rooms are typically small unless you reserve a twin room or a suite if they have one.

I recall reading about the Noailles and the only thing I recall is that it's got a bit of modern style.

by Travelgirls

We are also going to Paris in November....do not know anything about the hotels you mentioned....we are staying at the Hotel Madison on the left bank....We have heard wonderful things about this place...
Happy Traveling.

by aflaneur

You will find testimonials for these hotels at tripadvisor.com, among other sites that provide hotel testimonials (fodors.com is okay too, but not as good IMO). For example, your Best Western Gaillon Opera is ranked 286 (out of 1454 Paris hotels) with mostly very positive reviews, Golden Tulip Opera Noailles ranked 290 (with decidedly mixed reviews), and Libertel Lafayette ranked 443 (also with mixed reviews). I have found the testimonials to be representative of a nice mix of travellers and reliable.

Re: Re: Which Paris Hotel?

by aussiedoug

Stayed at Libertel Lafayette for 13 days last October & there was nothing unlucky about that number.
Yes rooms are a tad small, but o.k. I had breakfast included & it was a full breakfast with an excellent selection of both cold & hot dishes. It's only a minute or so walk to the nearest metro - le peletier. There is a good all round bistro, "au general lafayette" straight oppsite where many of our group had dinner most nights. It's around 10 minutes walk down to the fabulous Opera Garnier where we were lucky enough to see a trio of George Balanchine Ballets & what a magnificent building it is, even more so inside than outside. Le Grande Magasins Au Printemps & Galleries Lafayette are just near there too.
While next time I think I'd prefer to stay on the left bank, Libertel Lafayette was a gr8 home away from home during my time there & I'm happy to recommend it.
Enjoy Paris.