Best Western Jardin De Cluny

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Best Western Jardin De Cluny

Great location! Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ufgators96

We stayed in the Best Western Le Jardin de Cluny on May 26th to the 29th. I was a bit hesitant about staying at a Best Western in Paris but decided on it after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. They were all right on! The location was great, walking distance to everything, very close to the metro stop, and off a main street so it was quiet. The staff was very nice, spoke English (as everyone in Paris it seemed) and were very helpful. The room was very small, however, the queen bed was comfortable, the room was nicely decorated and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to other and would definitely stay again.

Perfect!!

My wife and I went to Paris for the first time during 4th of July weekend and we were lucky that we stayed at the Best Western- Le Jardin de Cluny. It was in a perfect location. We took the metro from CDG airport and it was very easy. There are 2 metro stops located next to the hotel, and there are MANY cafe's, brasserie's, and bars located in the Latin Quarters. You can walk to Notre Dame, Pantheon, St. Sulpice Church, St. MIchael's Fountain, and other sites in the area. The staff was TREMENDOUSLY HELPFUL from the time we entered to the day we left on day 5. Our room was VERY clean, bathroom was spotless, Flatscreen TV was practical, Air-conditioning was perfect, room did not smell like smoke, and it was in a very safe neighborhood. We stayed on the fifth floor, sometimes, the elevator didn't work (maybe twice) but it was fine with us. The room was a little small compared to what we're used to in the U.S., but it was perfect for the 2 of us. The staff spoke English, breakfast was provided every morning (if you wanted to pay for it), and there was internet access. My wife was initially hesitant about staying in a Best Westernin paris, but it definitely still had a French appeal.

When I go back to Paris, i'm staying there AGAIN!

Wonderful choice!

I speak only a few words of French so I searched diligently thru tripadvisor to locate a hotel with an English-speaking staff for my solo trip to Paris last week. Not only did I get that, I got a kind, friendly, witty staff. One even went way out of her way to satisfy a request from my daughters(back at home) to deliver a birthday gift to me while I was there.
The breakfast was excellent; the single room, certainly spacious enough. I was able to sleep well b/c the area is very quiet, even though the hotel is only a block away from St. Germain. I loved the location (a couple of blocks from Notre Dame). BUT, b/c the hotel is tucked away on a side street, taxi drivers did not always know the location. So, go armed with a map from the hotel's website or mappy(-).

Delightful hotel in the Latin Quarter

by TripAdvisor Member CatRochester_NY

We were a bit hesitant to choose a Best Western hotel in Paris, afraid that it would be too American and we would lose out on a special Paris experience. But in reality the hotel and its location were wonderful, with a real French atmosphere. Staff was friendly - responsive to our limited French, but able to switch to excellent English when needed. Our room ("Superior") was spacious, with a large bathroom and all conveniences. All in all this hotel is a wonderful home from which to explore Paris!

great location

by TripAdvisor Member patrice0204

We stayed in this hotel for a week and found it to be in a great location for sightseeing. It is in a very quiet street 5 minutes walk from Notre Dame. The room we had was small but had a comfortable bed, lcd cable T.V., fridge and bathroom. I would have prefered a suite but they were booked. Noise could be heard sometimes from other rooms but did not keep us awake. The staff were great, very friendly, helpful and spoke good english. I would recommend this hotel as good value for your trip to Paris.

Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTraveler91324

This is my 6th time to Paris staying in the Latin Quarter. The room was larger than most I have stayed in. It was clean, Cool, and quiet. The staff was freindly and helpful. A little off the beatin track (one street below ECOLE one street above St. Germain and a couple of blocks from St. Michel.) Metro and Bus was close. I love this area and will stay at this hotel again... I finally found one that is not too expensive and confortable, close to everything.

Great Location.. would return

by TripAdvisor Member Anonymous00002

Really great location for the Metro and the food area. Also close to the RER train link. Nice Panini shop just round the corner. Room was on the small side but that is to be expected in Paris however it was very clean and neat. Newly decorated room with very modern styling. Had a great shower. Also had flat screen telly on the wall.
Reception wasn't always manned which meant waiting to get in sometimes. On leaving our bags were just left out behind reception so be wary, security is not up to par.
Hotel is situated on a back street but this meant that it was very quiet at night. Breakfast was pricey and you can find food locally a lot cheaper.
If i was to return to Paris i wouldn't hesitate choosing this hotel again.

Parisians are just rude!!! But you get used to it and learn to ignore them.

Pleasant for tourist

by TripAdvisor Member 917vud

Just what we needed as tourists for a couple days--excellent location (close to Notre Dame, RER airport train), quiet street, convenience shopping nearby, A/C, non-smoking rooms, clean, and modern room.

Best value for money, great location and comfort

by TripAdvisor Member travel+£=funlife

This hotel is located in the heart of the Latin Quarter, only 10 min walk from the RER line B (from Charles de Gaulle Airport). Having visited Paris numerous times and stayed at various hotels, I am convinced I have found a hotel in Paris that I highly recommend and will return again. The hotel looks relatively new or at least recently renovated. The room I stayed at was very clean and modern. The Latin Quarter (St Germain des Pres / Saint Michel) is the perfect area to stay as you are close to the restaurants, nightlife and shopping. The Notre Dame is located a few minutes' walk away from this hotel and the other attractions and museums are within easy reach. The staff at the hotel are very pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. At 3-star hotel prices, this hotel has great value for money.

Great Hotel, Burnopfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

by TripAdvisor Member LucyEmma

I stayed at this hotel after reading reviews on tripadvisor. I have to say that I was not disappointed. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in August 2006. We stayed in room 206 at the front of the hotel. We booked a twin superior. Its definitely worth it paying that little bit extra for a superior room as they are much nicer than the standard ones. Our room although small was clean and well equipped. The bathroom was very modern and clean. I particularly liked the air conditioning. It was quite hot when we were in Paris so the air con was a godsend. We were able to leave the air con on all night because it was so quiet. The hotel is located just slightly off the main street so even though we were at the front of the hotel it was very quiet at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Very easy to get here from the airport which had been my main concern about visiting Paris.

The Mansard style in ParisThe Mansard style in Paris

A gargoyle of Notre DameA gargoyle of Notre Dame

Place du Terte.....Place du Terte.....

Place ColettePlace Colette

Nice friendly less touristy restaurant

by nomad7890

I forgot the person who had a great page on Paris restaurants. I am looking for one of the little hidden gems, not too far from the center of Paris.
Not a big tourist trap - don't care if they don't speak English as long as they have good local food. Prefer to make my larger meal at lunch. Like some place where they have good veggies and salads.

Any special French foods for Christmas?

Also, do they serve any food at Angelina's, or just desserts? (thinking of going there around dinner time).

by Maryimelda

Try the Paris pages of pfsmalo and of course pedmar, they'll find you something nice. Le Volcan is one that pfsmalo recommended to me and although when I was in the area the timing for dinner was all wrong, I did check it out and it seemed lovely and the menu looked very good. It is situated on the corner of the rue Mouffetard right at the bottom to the best of my memory. In any event the proper address is on pfsmalo's Paris page.

by johngayton

forestqueen has great tips - very individual and great reading.

by Roadquill

Hi M, see Auberge de la Reine Blanche: Cozy Place on Isle St. Louis (on my Paris page). I also liked La Fermette du Sud Ouest also on my Paris page. Karl

by Beausoleil

We usually do this by getting lost, but go to any major tourist attraction, walk 2 blocks or more away from it and you will usually find a lot of pleasant little restaurants. Check their menus to see if it is what you want at a price you can afford. Then see if it's a busy restaurant. If there is no one eating there, don't go in. LOL

For specific reviews, type Paris into the VT Search Window above. This takes you to the Paris Travel Page. There are Tips on the left side of your screen. Choose Restaurants and see what you find. You may even find the page you lost.

by rexvaughan

Havent been to Angelina's for dinner but had a really nice lunch there and the hot chocolate far exceeded my high expectations. I had a very good quiche Lorraine and salad. My son-in-law had one of their wonderful pastries for dessert and said it was the highlight of his trip. Double check to be sure they are open for dinner (I would tell you where to check if I knew).

by diamond_skies

Our favourite is Le Prè Verre on 8, rue Thènard in the 5th arr. You must book for dinner but I don't think they take bookings for lunch. However, if you want to have lunch, be there when the door opens or you will be out of luck! The food is basically traditional with an Asian twist - unusual but really delicious and (I think) great value for money.

by ForestqueenNYC

John, Thanks for recommending my Paris tips.

by nomad7890

Thanks for all the new suggestions!

Comments