Bresil Opera Hotel Paris

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Champs ElyséesChamps Elysées

The Louvre PyramidThe Louvre Pyramid

Paris street advert structureParis street advert structure

one of the decent streetsone of the decent streets

Low Key Late

by foxie

Hi all,

We're going to be in Paris in a few weeks to meet up with some old friends and are looking for someplace to have a chat over a few drinks or coffee/dessert fairly late (say 10pm). Nothing fancy or too noisy, please - a cosy little nook would suit us fine. Ideally it would be someplace in the 18th or 17th arr. Also, everyone in our party speaks passable French, so that's not a concern. The more local "hidden gems" the better!

Re: Low Key Late

by foxie

Hi Pedmar,

Thanks very much for that! We'll check those out and let you know which we choose and how we get on.

best,
Foxie

Re: Low Key Late

by Chris_66

If you want something really exceptionnal, check l'Hotel particulier, avenue junot, in the 18th arr. opened as far as I know on thursday, friday and saturday. have a look: http://hotel-particulier-montmartre.com/en/
Otherwise, you can have a look on hotel de l'abbaye saint germain; it is located in the 6th arr. close to Saint Germain but this hotel has some of the cosyiest, most comfortable salons I know of for an hotel, its bar is top and serves everything you want; have a look: http://www.hotelabbayeparis.com/
Also, in the 17th arr. close to l'Etoile, if you like champagne, you have Flute, L'Etoile, a super uperclass, trendy and design place; http://www.flutebar.com/en/
If you want something arty, check the cafe 104; funny place opened until midnight: http://www.104.fr/#en/Shops/37-Cafe

Travel Tips for Paris

Versailles

by lostaussie

Versailles, an imposing structure with superb grounds, is a marvel to visit. A stroll through the gardens (at least a part of them) is compulsory to get a feel for the enormity of the place. We chose this option, as opposed to going inside, and loved it. The immaculate symmetry of the place is amazing and even though we happened to pick a day where the fountains had a day off, it was still a worthy trip. In saying that though, if time is very limited, due to the geographical distance from the other sites, I would leave this for another visit.

If one has the time, I was quite keen to hire a canoe to traverse the huge “dam” for want of a better word.

A tour of the interior would also have been nice, though due to the enormity of the place, only a fragment is open to the public

Changing Diapers in Most Toilets

by ChicBaby

Quick Burger was the only restaurant we ran into that had a changing table. Everywhere else did not have a changing table. In most places, there is no room in the stalls or much of any counter space near the sinks. I am lucky that my son can stand and he cooperates most of the time while we change him. Most of the time, we would change him in the sink area of the toilet area. This are is usually a common area and depending upon our son’s mood and what was in the diaper, my husband and I would both go and change the diaper. We would have one person make sure he would stay standing up and not run off and touch anything nasty. The other person would have to work quick to clean and change the diaper. We’re pretty good at this now and can get this done very quickly.

Deft Strokes by Clever Folks

by bakpakchik

Not to say I dont enjoy Rennaisance art, but my experience of being in modern day Paris was made more fulfilling by art as it is done today. This lady's deft strokes with her pallette knife left brillaint impressions in front of my eyes. The closer I got, the better it looked.

Heat wave

by Nemorino

As in many other cities, the mayor's office in Paris has started putting up electronic signboards to announce coming events and give good advice to the citizenry. The message this time says:

"Heat over Paris. Aged or frail persons should prefer the shade and drink very often."

Opps, do I qualify as being an aged person? Maybe they noticed me cycling around in the sun all day? Well, I did drink a lot of water, in any case. And kept reapplying sunblocker to avoid getting sunburnt.

Second photo: I'm a sucker for a clever advertisement, and the one I liked best during the Paris heat wave was this one for Perrier mineral water about how to make a drink called L'Extincteur (The Extinguisher) with 1/3 Perrier and 2/3 Perrier. I even went so far as to order Perrier with my meals sometimes, which is unusual for me because I have great confidence in the quality of Parisian tap water and not so much confidence in the quality of water that has been stagnating in a bottle for months on end.

Ice Skating!

by kentishgirl

You can Ice Skate at Hotel De Ville or just by the Tour Montparnasse between December and the middle of March.

The sight is fantastic! I knew that they had something like this in New York but It was a suprise to see it in Paris as well!

You can hire the skates there, although a lot of people bought their own too...it cost approx 8euro to do it - what an experience!

Comments