Elysees Ceramic Hotel Paris

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Elysees Ceramic Hotel Paris

Great Location, Extremely Helpful

by TripAdvisor Member Toronto_VM

Stayed at Elysees Ceramic Hotel in June 2006.
This was my first trip to Paris. We chose the hotel based on comments from this site. I thought it only fair to give others insight from my stay. Glad I chose this hotel, Front desk
staff was exceptionally nice. Provide great directions to all attractions.
Our price include continental breakfast.

The rooms were very clean ,but small, but thats Paris.
Our room was two double beds and had enough room.
Subway (Underground) is 200 Metres way.
Took subway to Eiffel Tower.
Champ Elysee and Arc de Triumph just as close
Safe area. Itravel with my daughter and it was no problem.
Front desk staff spoke very good English.

Only Issue: Internet access was not complimentary

My recommendation dont worry about room size or view
get a map and see Paris and definetly see it at night.

They made the first leg of our European trip a good one
I would definetly stay at this hotel again.

Tres bien!

by TripAdvisor Member roamingtheearth

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my sister, our friend, and I took a trip to Paris. We were traveling on a budget, but we wanted to make sure that our hotel was in a safe location and didn't sacrifice too much in class. The Elysees Ceramic was perfect. Great location! The rooms were nicely decorated and the triple was a decent size (for French standards, and any major city for that matter). The staff was very friendly and tolerant of my limited French. "Reba" was the most helpful... tell him "zee manager" from PA sent you. Our room was also in a back corner which made for no noise at night (something I value).

tourist - NOT business

by TripAdvisor Member Silent Crow

Elysees Ceramic has a prestigious address, and it sits in a very convenient place in Paris to access the Metro, photograph the Arc de Triomphe, shop on the Champs, etc. It's also in an area where more actual Parisians spend their time, as opposed to the ALL TOURIST Latin Quarter, thereby decreasing the crowds.
That said, it is not an especially good hotel. It is quite serviceable, and it has a little more charm than many chains. But the rooms have an aged odor, which can be somewhat stifling, and they are not sufficiently cooled in the summer. It would be excellent for a first-time stay on a bit of a budget, when your French is not terribly practiced.
Most importantly, it is not, by any means a hotel for the business traveler. Cramped elevator. Impossible internet access. No porter. Etc.
Once again, not a terrible choice on a budget, but there are better hotels for the money if you're willing to educate yourself.

renovation overdue

by TripAdvisor Member freudsigmund

On the outside of the hotel has a stunning art-nouveau look decorated with thousands of ceramic tiled imposing a tree growing against the facade. The interior however is a lot less stunning and a renovation a couple of decades overdue. During our three nights stay we were moved 5 times to different rooms. The staff was very helpfull in this, but we were given the impression that the hotel-staff really didn't care about the technical state of the hotel. All the rooms (even the one we finally agreed upon) had problems of some sort ranging from toilets almost coming loose from the wall, showers that didn't work to rooms where the heating was set to the max and could not be tempered. Especially the last item was a bit worrying since the fireescapes were used as storage room. So many hotels in Paris... we will not return to this one.

Only if I had to stay 1 night

by TripAdvisor Member cloud9shopper

When we booked this hotel we were originally going to stay in Paris for 3 nights. We shortened our trip to 1 night so we could see more of Italy. I am sure glad we did! Do not get me wrong, the exterior of the hotel is gorgeous and the location is nicely situated a few blocks from the Arc. But when we got to the room the front desk clerks were somewhat standoffish and the room was TINY. We essentially paid almost $200 US for a room that was smaller than a single dormitory. My fiance and I could not walk around at the same time. Essentially one of us had to sit for the other to pass. I bumped my head on the wall a couple of times simply when turning on my side in bed!

Like a previous poster mentioned, this hotel is a great crash pad and we would return again - but only for 1 night at most.

Great Location--Hotel OK

by TripAdvisor Member tedban

We spent 4 days in Sept at the hotel in a double room. Room was quite small, bathroom was good. Cleanliness was good. Front desk was very helpful and spoke good English.

Strength of the hotel is the location. Lots of restaurants near-by, close to Arc de Triumphe & Champs Elysee. Metro in 3 blocks gets you everywhere.

Overall it was OK, but next time will opt for a place with a larger room!

Great Find!

by TripAdvisor Member miffy79

Highly recommend this hotel! Our room was spacious, which surprised me, having read the reviews about how small they were. The bathroom was a decent size with plenty of hot water. Our room was in the back which is probably why it was nice and quiet. We had breakfast a few mornings and it was simple but good. The coffee was hot and the bread and pastries were fresh. I know we could have found cheaper places to eat, but it's nice to wake up to good coffee and not have to go out to eat.

I would definitely stay here again. The staff were very friendly and helpful and they speak English.

Great staff, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member onthechester

Three of us stayed here around Thanksgiving, 2006 for 5 nights. Room was not large, but we were not there a lot. It was clean and had lots of hot water. The maid made sure my stepdaughter's stuffed bear was tucked in to her bed each day and greeted us with a nice smile every day.
The location is perfect. The Air France bus stops a couple of blocks away. The metro and RER station are a couple of blocks away.
The staff was more than friendly and courteous. We asked lots of questions because we were totally unfamiliar with Paris and they seemed to welcome our questions. Excellent english although my wife really wanted to practice her french. They happily obliged her and coached her gently in the right direction.
We would recommend this hotel highly.

Excellent hotel in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member WhiteZB

NEGATIVES: WiFi is available, however it is not free. Internet access in the lobby is at or slightly higher than the going rate at internet cafes elsewhere. It was disappointing that the breakfast was not included in the cost of the room; however 20EU for 4 days is a bargain by Paris’ standards. Some reviewers complain about the room size; however we got what we expected. Yes, the room is small, but for a three star hotel, it is to be expected. The lack of a restaurant was not a problem as we typically do not spend very much time at the hotel or eat at hotel restaurants when on vacation.

POSITIVES: Located several hundred meters from the Arch, the location is fantastic. Several metro stations are close by, allowing you to get to almost any part of Paris without any complicated transfers. Several cafes are in the immediate area, providing a nice place to relax until the wee hours of the night. The room is average size by European standards; however it is well equipped with a nice shower with multiple jets, a comfortable bed and decent TV. We had enough space to lay out two very large suitcases. The hotel staff was excellent and friendly.

Comments