Garden Saint Martin

Satisfaction Average

More about Paris

flying to Paris with Easyjetflying to Paris with Easyjet

l'Arc de Triomphel'Arc de Triomphe

Looking down from the first levelLooking down from the first level

Wow, that is so delish!Wow, that is so delish!

Transportation from Salzburg to Paris

by BVnLJ

My wife and I will be traveling in late April and we have one question. What is the best way to get from Salzburg to Paris? We are taking the night train from Paris to Salzburg and spending time in Austria. I need to return to Pairs for a 11:00 am return flight. Any advise? I would need to be at the airport by 8:30 am.

Thanks
BVnLJ

by Maryimelda

I agree that you really should spend the night before in Paris just for your own peace of mind more than anything else. Flights seem to be out, unless you want to travel to Munich and then fly with either Air France or Lufthansa, both of which might be costly. Trains take anywhere between 9-11 hours depending on which trains you choose. The easiest one is the one which has only one change along the way in Stuttgart. Details here on the OBB Route Planner

else.http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=2&ident=c1.0287001.1267586935&OK#focus

Departs Salzburg at 7.51am and arrives at Paris Est at 4.34pm. Just buy your ticket at Salzburg Station.

by BVnLJ

Thankyou for your information. We really cannot wait to visit Europe. Your advise would be safe, get a room in Pairs the night before.

Thanks again

by alza

If you are interested, in PARIS, there is "Hotel Mercure Paris Terminus Nord", right in front of the Gare du Nord, from where you can take the RER train to Charles de Gaulle Airport (or a cab.) It's only 20 minutes to CDG Airport.
A standard double room in late April goes for USD 215 (Euros 157)
Link in English:

Steps away, also in front of Gare du Nord on Rue de Dunkerque this time, is one of my favourite restaurants in Paris, for décor and good, fast service.

It's called "Restaurant Terminus Nord", it's a French restaurant. They have special price menus later at night, after regular dinner hours. Link in English:

by dongix

The last time we went to Paris from Salzburg, we had a stopover at Munich - but just a short one. We travelled early in the morning from Salzburg and arrived at dusk in Paris, so perhaps if you leave in the evening from Salzburg you'll arrive there in the morning, if at all there is a train available.

To check the train schedule please go to:

(just select the language of your choice since it is set in German by default)

This is the site that I used in planning our trip and even some travel agencies are using this. Based on my experience, it is very reliable and it really helped in plotting our itinerary and as basis for our hotel bookings

I agree with what rest said, it is safer to stay in Paris the night before your flight. But try looking up for a train first and see if you can find one with suitable timings.

Travel Tips for Paris

check out Rue Mouffetard. Full...

by tv_newsman

check out Rue Mouffetard. Full of great cheese shops and butchers, lots of little pubs and cafes. Since it's near Paris University, it's usually hopping with students. Great little strip off the tourist-tread path.

Paris Carte-Musee

by Carmela71

The Paris Museum Pass was the best thing we could bought.

We choose the 3 days one for 30 Euros each.

You can also get it for 1, 3 or 5 days (15, 30 or 45 Euros)

You will save money if you want to visit a few museums and monuments and also avoid queues. Other good point is that you can return to the same museum as many times as you want.

A top ten tip that I founded here on VT tips lol

The Place Charles de Gaulle

by kris-t

or Place de l'Etoile is the meeting point of 12 straight avenues therefore its historic name is "Square of the Star".

It was renamed in 1970 but it is still often referred to by its original name.

Paris "historical axis" (the line of monuments, buildings and thoroughfares that extends from the centre of Paris to the west) cuts through the Arc de Triomphe at the centre of Square of the Star. The twelve avenues (clockwise from the north) are:

Avenue de Wagram;
Avenue Carnot;
Avenue Mac-Mahon.

Run the Ads

by mrclay2000

Unlike us Americans, the Europeans tend to downplay their advertisements, at least to prevent them from dominanting any one setting or vista. On special occasions, the Eiffel Tower might light up with some advertisement or pronouncement, but by and large what we Americans will advertise on skyrise totem poles and gigantic billboards are banished to smaller, out-of-the-way murals or stands in Paris.

Rambouillet Forest - MTB

by duncanlbrown

A rather amusing day out in the countryside on my moutainbike. So after lots of cycling around the streets or Paris, I decided I needed some fresh air and off-road action.

I pulled out my Michelin Map "Environs de Paris" and found a route through Rambouillet forest. There was a trail marked "off-road cycle route". So I took it, but it turned out to be a asphalt single-track. Running along side was a gravel trail, so I thought I must be mistaken, and took the gravel trail instead.

Along came a horse (this get's funnier). The rider told me where to go - "C'est chemin c'est pour les cheavaux seulement" or something.

Merde!

So after tooling along the asphalt track I came to a bike hire shop, I nipped in to discuss the "not-very-off-road trail". In my best French (not that good), I suggested that an off-road trail wasn't supposed to be asphalted.

The shoppie man thought this was stupid - "Isn't it fantastic - we have tarmaced the entire forest for you!".

Errr, NO.

Anyway, at the end of the trail was a really beautiful village called Montfort d'Aulnay - where this picture was taken.

Comments