223 boulevard Voltaire, 11th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75011, France

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• An unforgettable stay!

I spent a week in Paris to celebrate our first Wedding Anniversary. Through booking.com, we booked the Grand Hotel Francais because this hotel had a lot of good reviews. And we didn’t disappoint with our choice.
    This hotel surpassed our expectations. It’s a great hotel which deserves to a 4 star one. The room was exactly as described on the website http://www.grand-hotel-francais.fr/en/. We stayed at the room 23 which is extremely clean, elegant, comfortable and well equipped.
    The service was excellent. All the staffs were nice and especially Zyad is a friendliest hotelier that I have never known before. He gave us many advices on where to go, where to eat, how to get there…
    A trip to remember. I’m sure that you will be extremely satisfied if you choose this hotel.

• Cohibaba's Profile Photo

Gastronomic stop and ergonomic stay

My stay at The Grand Hôtel Français was wonderful (is wonderful because i'm writing this in my room, wifi connected!). I'm living in a few hours with my girlfriend and we spent a very cosy time there. The métro and RER Nation (direct to the airport) is very near and this is pactical to visit the city with her (she didn't know Paris). I love my room at Grand Hôtel Français (nice design, clean and pure colors, soft materials, good TV) but I prefer more the bathroom (smal but well-arranged, with tub and colored lights. That's absolutly fabulous!)
    The other thing to mention about Le Grand Hôtel Français is its location. Near Bastille, in "Le Onzième", it's one of the best Parisain district, very authentic and full of good addresses for food and wine. We ate many time Rue Léon Frot and around, where there are some great restaurants.ou can't miss them!
    I'm sad my small holidays in Paris "le Onzième" is over. I wish I could live for ever in this small and friendly hotel.

Unique Quality: Le Grand Hôtel Français is a very charming and design hotel, with all the facilities (Wifi, TV, Bathtub, Queensize bed, Breakfast in bed...), very well situated, with the most warm welcome I've never had in France!
    Little more, and very practical, the Grand Hotel Francais created a blog where you can find all te good addresses in the district, recommanded by the owner and best clients. That is very helpfull to find goods restaurants or bars, fine shops and more. I've never been disapointed about any adress in their blog.
    This is the link: http://grand-hotel-francais-charme-marais-bastille.com/

Directions: Bastille, Nation, Onzième, Paris Rive Droite.

• guilbruno's Profile Photo

A friendly hotel well located in Paris

Grand Hotel Francais is perfectly located in the Marais and Bastille district and it is near to the Nation's Metro station, which is a transport hub to most of the interesting touristic areas in Paris.

It is one of those beautiful buildings that you can find in the area with moulded ceilings and balconies at the windows that make up the charm and elegance of Paris.

This attractive building harmoniously combines the intimate and the functionnal beauty and modernity.

The lobby and the bar recently totally renovated to represent the charm and the elegance of the French tradition.

It offers a non-ending list of service such as Wifi, restauration, excursion and satellite table.
    My favourite will of course be in the breakfast room, where I am allowed to rediscover the finest of French traditions : pains au chocolat, brioches, croissants and of course, the famous baguette !

No doubt one of the best croissant that I've ever eaten in my whole life (yeah.. if you compared to koln's croissant lol)

Unique Quality: charming, elegant, family business, france free wifi, paris center, strategic, three stars hotel, well located, friendly, antique,

Directions: Located at place de la Nation, one of Paris'major crossroads.
    5 minutes away from Bastille, the Marais and the Saint-Paul districts.
    (Metro stop-Rue des Boulets or Nation)
    Public transport options (buses, metro lines 1,2,6 and 9, RER line A)

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Nice hostel in a quiet part of Paris

I'd chosen this hotel off www.hostels.com on a whim. I just picked it out of a long list of places which seemed reasonably priced.

When I got to the hotel (which is next to Metro des Boulets and Nation) I was impressed. The pictures of the place actually look like the hotel.

I had gotten a private bedroom with ensuite washroom, for 100 Canadian Dollars. The room was clean, had a TV, a small table, and a bathroom with a bath. There is no air conditionning, but I'm not used to having that, so it was not a requirement (even though it was bloody hot while I was there).

I would definetly stay here again (and plan on doing so when I travel to France in summer of 2004).

Unique Quality: Great location in the Marais, quiet. Close to Pere Lachaisse.- for you Jim Morrison fans.

Directions: Metro des Boulets, get onto Boulevard Voltaire, and you should see the hotel on the corner.

• Rixie's Profile Photo

Petit but Nice

Le Grand Hotel Francais is actually petit, but as we prefer small hotels, we have had two lovely stays there.

It's in the 11me arrondissement, near Metro stop Nation. I liked the fact that it was in a neighborhood, rather than in the city center. It was restful to come "home" to a street uncluttered with crowds of noisy tourists.

Our 3rd floor room (4th floor to us Americans) had six-foot double windows that opened onto a side street with a little park.

The GHF was running an August summer special: 80 Euros/night.

Unique Quality: The personal attention we received here was remarkable.

2002: The young man who managed the front desk, M. Ouali (like "Wally" with a French accent), was delightful. He fielded all of our tourist questions, explained the difference between a carnet and a Paris Visite card, and was very encouraging about my pidgin French.

He made return train reservations for us, and when I asked about a church for Sunday Mass, he recommended the 8:00 Mass at Notre Dame. That turned out to be the high point of our Paris visit, and I was so grateful for his guidance.

Mille fois merci, Ouali! We'll be back to see you someday!

Postscript 2004: We did come back! Ouali has been promoted and now manages two hotels in the chain. It was such a pleasure to see him again, and as before, he was so friendly and kind. On this trip we made the acquaintance of Mlle. Blandine, the lovely concierge, and she was always willing to help us, making phone calls for us when our French failed, and mapping out routes to restaurants. We will definitely return.

Directions: Near the Nation metro stop

• John195123's Profile Photo

This is a picture from the...

This is a picture from the website of our hotel:
    Well, if you can read French:
    Chambre douche, WC, TV, satellite : 85 €
    Chambre bain, WC, TV, satellite : 91 €, 100 € et 115 €
    Petits déjeuners : 7 €
    Taxe de séjour : 0,86 €

More about Grand Hotel Francais

Grand Hotel Francais is an Outstanding Value

by TripAdvisor Member Standby4321

Located in an active, working Paris neighborhood, the Grand Hotel Francais is well-maintained and offers small but well-kept rooms in a classic building that offers great access to all of Paris from the Place de la Nation metro/RER hub. Wally and his staff are friendly, attentive and speak excellent English. Because it is outside of the "tourist zone", you will find many great places to eat that are less expensive. This is safe neighborhood that is filled with boulangeries, pastry shops, brasseries, grocery stores and everything else to take care of visitors' needs. Best of all, it won't cost you an arm and a leg because the Grand Hotel Francais has very competitive rates for the quality of the property. We highly recommend it and we have returned often since discovering this little gem several years ago.

nice hotel

I enjoyed my stay at the Grand Hotel Francais. I found the accommodations comfortable and the staff courteous. I will certainly recommend the hotel

Friendly staff, great value

by TripAdvisor Member Malkmus

Just returned from a weekend at the Grand Hotel Francais. I can only echo what has already been written. All the staff were so very friendly and polite, most unusual- I even had to question whether I was in Paris! But if you ache for that famous French arrogance and abruptness fret not- just visit the Monceau florist down the road!

The rooms at the hotel are very good value- but at 10€ each, the breakfast certainly isn't (even if it is "all you can eat"). Our advice is to avoid the hotel's offerings and pick up a fantastic pan au chocolat from the patisserie across the street.

Enjoy your time in Paris!

Au Grand francais -Only Ok

by TripAdvisor Member Midland Corkman

We stayed at Au Grand Francais - its location is good - near 2 metros and in a relatively quiet area -only noise was from the Metro after 6am..but thankfully no noises from amorous neighbours!!Concerieges are very friendly -perhaps too much so - I was left with the impression of being watched continually by them - perhaps iots just me but sometimes its becomes too much...!The room was TINY and the big downer was that the shower was only attached to the bath taps there was no hole in the wall to hang it up...great advert for a shower for 2 !! but othertimes a little annoying.Rooms were made up each day .Watch out for final bill - the hotel adds city tax at Euro 1 per person per day which IS advertised but also adds a Sales Tax which IS NOT ADVERTISED. Its not much but they fail to mentiion it anywhere

they are so rude!

Honestly I feel the facility and the location is ok but the room is very small. Moreover, the front desk people are so rude that they don't allow my friend come up to my room The is yelling at us....

by TwoCanadians

What is the best way for two adults to travel to the Au Grand Hotel Francais in the Bastille district of Paris from the Charles de Gaulle Airport around noon on a Saturday in July? "Best way," for us, is more about dollars than convenience -- but convenience is also a consideration.

To help us get onto/off buses and trains with greater ease, we travelling with only two large suitcases.

RE: Arriving Charles de Gaulle Airport, travelling to Hotel in Bastille district of Paris

by qaminari

I wish people would check websites for the hotel they are going to before asking this sort of question! After checking connections to Bastille, I find that this says the hotel is actually near Nation, which changes EVERYTHING: http://www.hostelz.com/hotel/1040-Au-Grand-Hotel-Francais
1) To Bastille, you would have taken take RER B to either Gare du Nord, change to metro line 5 (direction Place de l'Italie), or Châtelet, change to metro line 1 (direction Château de Vincennes. To NATION, on the other hand, you would take RER B to Châtelet-Les Halles and change onto RER A to Nation.
2) However, there is a normal RATP bus, the 351, from the airport all the way to Nation. First take the free shuttle service that runs every 10 minutes to the "Aerogare Roissypole". Bus 351 leaves from platform E 20 yards from where the shuttle drops you off, takes approximately one hour and runs every half hour from 6am to 9pm seven days a week. It costs 4 EUR - buy 3 tickets on the bus from the driver.

Comments