1 out of 5 stars1 Star

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 32% lower than similarly priced 1 star hotels

• Close to Gare du Nord

The stay was pleasant. It is a no-frills hotel, with no bathrooms attached. Only one washbasin in the room. The toilet and bathroom are outside.

Unique Quality: Very close to Gare du Nord. So moving around is not at all difficult. And damn cheap also. Only EURO 35 per night. All major restaurants and fast food joints are nearby, like McDonalds, Subway, etc.

Directions: Outside Gare du Nord

• Brujas's Profile Photo

Stay away!!!

The last time I stayed there was 5 years ago, but I´ve been reading other forums and have found negative comments of people that have stayed there recently, so it seems the quality and service of the hotel continues to be the same.

The hotel is terrible. I stayed there twice...now you´ll be wondering how I stayed there twice if I found it so disgusting. Well, the first time I stayed there it wasn´t that bad. I was with two other friends, standing with our luggage at the train station, Gard du Nord (just a few blocks away from the hotel), with no hotel reservations. We had just arrived from Belgium. It was June (2000) and we were so "lucky", that there was a football match taking place (I think it was the Spanish football team Valencia), so it was hard to find accommodation in a budget hotel. We called some of the hotels in our Paris guide, and one of these hotels was the Magenta, they had room available. Since it was so close to where we were, we decided to stay there. We stayed at room 2, which was a more or less big room, with bathroom and bathtub. The room was divided in two, and even if it looked a little worn out, it had just been painted, and looked clean. We paid around 80 euro.

So, the second time I visited Paris, this time with my mom (May 2001), I decided to go to that hotel, mostly because it was close to Gard du Nord, and made reservations in advance. Big mistake!!! When we checked in we were told we would have a "very nice room with a balcony"....well, the room was terrible. The blanket had some whitish stains, that looked very suspicious...don´t want to even think what it was. We thought it was disgusting, so we asked at the front desk for a new blanket. It was too late to leave the hotel and try to fin another place to stay. We had no choice but to spend the night there. Another thing, the door, looked as if someone had tried to break into, part of the wood of the door was missing.

Would never stay at that dirty hotel again, not even if they paid me!

Directions: A few blocks away (2 or 3) from Gard du Nord

• ash2276's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel Magenta

This hotel is ok if you don't expect much. The rooms were small with old furniture and smelled of smoke. The washroom was across the hall and had no toilet seat and no sink! The shower was located 3 floors below us and was well bellow par. It had no fan or windows; mold on the ceiling, dirty tiles and was extremely small. The website says that breakfast is served but it isn't. Also, it states that there is 24 hour reception when there?s not. Grand Hotel Magenta was definitely one of the worst hotels I have stayed in.

Oh ya... One more thing: we had to pay 1 euro a day for use of the elevator and 4 euros for use of the shower!

Unique Quality: Located near Gare du Nord. Easy to get around the city.

Directions: From Gare du Nord train station, take the main exit, turn right and we are just on the right corner of the Boulevard de Magenta in the 10th area in Paris.

More about Grand Hotel Magenta

Budget hotel / hostel in paris

by klmn0

Hi,

I'm coming to paris with a gf on 28.2. and will stay for 5 days. Can you help me find accomodation... recomend something. I'm looking for a cheap room for two with clean sheets and a bathroom (up to 25 €). We'll be geting around with public transport and walking.

I searched the net and found:
Le Village, Mary's Hotel, Grand Hotel Magenta, Hotel San Sebastien (my favorite), Hotel Basfroi...

Your thoughts, recomendation..?

Regards, klmn

Re: Budget hotel / hostel in paris

by waiaupass

Arround Mont Matre are several cheap hotels.I had never a problem in Paris to find a budget hotel.Even
without reservation.
Just look and ask.

Re: Re: Budget hotel / hostel in paris

by klmn0

Ok, thanks for the info...

I noticed that I forgot to mention that 25€ is per person per night... hope you all knew that...

any more comens? sugestions?

anyway, peace, klmn