Holiday Inn PARIS-REPUBLIQUE

Booking.com IHG Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Now the Crowne Plaza Republique

This was the Holiday Inn, and now it is the Crowne Plaza....no real surprise as they are part of the same hotel group. On the East side of the Republique square. I stayed in 2012 and the square was under construction....so my room with a view was a construction workers dream. Staff was helpful and courteous. I wasn't too jazzed on their resto recommendations, and sought out my own. The room was very comfortable and it was air conditioned. I tried the exercise room and it was below average for a hotel that big. The metro is right out in front. There are some nice places for coffee and croissants around the corner, but one must walk by homeless people.

Directions: Place Republique

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Christmas Visit

We landed at the airport and successfully bought train tickets. We found our way to the Place de la Republique and checked into our hotel (Holiday Inn on the square). There were four of us. Myself, my husband, our college age daughter, and our seven year old son.

The first night we went across the square for dinner

The next night we ate dinner at the hotel.

The following night, we picked up baguettes, nutella crepes, and McD's on the way back from the Metro and ate in our room.

We ate dinner at a pizzeria near the hotel on the next night

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Excellent Location near Metro with Five Lines

Regarding your question: "I am needing to know the best way to get from the CDG Airport to The Holiday Inn Paris republique in the 10e (10 Place De La Republique)."

We brought our 3 year old twins to Paris and we stayed at this very hotel - the Holiday Inn Paris Republique in 2007. We chose the hotel because it is very close to the Metro, with five lines going through it -- so you can go anywhere! But we decided to take the taxi to the hotel because it was quicker and we had our carseats anyway. It cost about 45 Euros. But, you can also take the train for about 8 Euro per person. You can take RER from Terminal 3 Charles de Gaulle airport to Gare du Nord (8 Euro) then Metro to Republique (100 metres from hotel). It is so easy to find! Good Luck!

Also, the price of our hotel was very reasonable compared to others and breakfast was included which was very good buffet - but if not included in your room price I think it costs over 20 Euros. Also, the room given to us was big with slanted roofs and if you stick your neck out the window, you can see the twinkling Eiffel. The twins had adequate space for playing... We were mostly using the Metro and just arrived at the hotel tired and slept...check in was easy. When we have bought a lot of stuff, we just leave it at the hotel and then go out again! It was fun! Hope this helps you...

Unique Quality: 100 meters to Metro and buffet breakfast was good (better if included in price of your room because otherwise you are charged over 20 Euro)

Directions: Metro: Republique

• Rilocomo's Profile Photo

The anonymous personality

BAD: Arriving at the Holiday Inn Republique is probably as confusing as can be. Allthough the lobby is small you feel unnoticed. The lines are LONG. The desk clerks have no idea what they are doing. And the service is inconsistent.
    BAD to GOOD: Travelling with three collegues we all got totally different responce to our wishing to check in around 1PM. I myself got a room right away: a very charming one actually. Top floor under the roof. Windows with direct star view and - standing on a chair - a pitoresque Aristocats look over the roofs of Paris.
    BAD: when arriving they neglected to tell us that breakfast was included. We didn't realise this until we payed the bill.

Unique Quality: A factory hotel.
    Does not live up to the fancy look.

• Superb location and service !!!

My husband and ?I along with our 15 month od daughter stayed at this hotel for 5 days in July '06. The hotel is in a excellent location just a minutes walk from teh metro station. there are very good connection.

Also must mention the service. Very good and effieicent. Made us feel at home. The food was also excellent.

Would surely stay in the same place teh next time around also.

There are a lot of eataris around the place and a super market chain - monoprix very close by !

Unique Quality: We really did not use teh facilities much ...but yes, the restaurant was very good and specially the breakfast.

• ladagspa's Profile Photo

A comfortable & a Clean Place

Just near the exit of Metro so Its very convenient. The place Republique is a a nice square with lots of places to eat, and shop.

Unique Quality: As a resident guest we were given a coupon for 50% discount on Buffet breakfast which was very tasty and a whole lots of choices.
    I liked the fruit Salad, Croissant, few types of Chesse and the hot choclate.

Directions: Metro : Republique
    Exit toward Place de la Republique

• surfluvr641's Profile Photo

Very accomodating

The hotel had very nice facilities, the staff was very helpful, and it was extremely clean. It was located across the street from a Metro stop, which made it accessible from anywhere in the city, and it was located on a square that had plenty of restaurants.

Unique Quality: When there was a problem with our wake-up call and missed our plane out of Paris, the manager was very accomodating and gave us a room for free for the night. We had spent all of our money on a taxi to the airport to try to make the flight, and the staff was extremely understanding and helpful.

More about Holiday Inn PARIS-REPUBLIQUE

Excellent service at the Holiday Inn Republique

by TripAdvisor Member usa30

We stayed here on a very busy weekend, and we were really pleased that there were always plenty of staff on duty to offer assistance and advice. They were unfailingly friendly and helpful in a city that isn't always patient with English speakers. The bedroom was also very comfortable and well equipped. The location is excellent, right next to Place de Republique Metro with direct lines in all directions. There are also plenty of good neighborhood cafes and restaurants, and the hotel itself has excellent buffets for breakfast and other meals.

Holdiay Inn Republique, Paris

by susiemay about Holdiay Inn Republique, Paris

Its an historic hotel, with a lovely interior courtyard, that half of the rooms overlook. We had a large room with extra bed for child, big french windows that overlooked courtyard. Nice cafe right on boulevard, fabulous buffet breakfast, location-lots of restaurants, really close to metro(subway),Hopon, Hopoff bus has stop a few steps away. Great area.

Excellent hotel! Excellent Staff!!

by TripAdvisor Member abduke

What a hotel! I stayed at the holiday inn republique for 7 nights between Feb. 7 and Feb. 15 with my Girlfriend, mom and aunt. And we all loved it. I got a great rate at the holiday inn website with this offer they are running called See more of Europe for less (For U.S. residents only). I booked 2 doubles for 89E per night per room. The location is great, there are tons of restaurants for all tastes and all pockets nearby. The metro is right down the block and there are 5 lines. Gare du nord and Gare de l'est (2 major train stations) are 3 and 2 stops away respectively and on a nice day can be reached by taking a 10-15 minute walk. I dont drink coffee but my aunt was a bit dissapointed about the lack of a coffee machine in the room but there is a great boulangerie right around the corner from the hotel where you can have breakfast for less than 5E. To get there walk towards your right when you exit the hotel and then turn right on the first corner. The boulangerie will be on your left hand side its pretty hard to miss it. For lunch and dinner I tried a few spots around the hotel dont go to "Leon"(across the street from the hotel) the food was mediocre at best and we had a bad experience with a waiter who brought out 2 entrees rather than 1 and then refused to take the charge off and they didnt let me take the food back to the hotel either. I guess it was my fault for not polishing up on my french before going but they didnt even try to help us. Right next to Leon theres a great place called The Tavern of ... forgot the name it has red awnings and a little seafood shop out front where they sell fresh seafood to go. Pizza Pino is also a great place with great service and cheap prices. If you need to buy juice, beer, snacks etc. theres a great epicerie (grocery store) on the Rue Jean Pierre Thimbaud. To get there, when you get out of the hotel cross the street alllll the way to the other side where you see a sign that says INDIANA, if you are facing INDIANA turn left and walk until you find the RUE Jean Pierre THimbaud. Once youre on the the RUE Jean pierre thimbaud turn left and walk along the side walk on the left it is about 2 blocks down. Also on that same block is a Fran prix supermarket where you can find groceries at better prices than at the epicerie the supermarket address is 23 Rue Jean Pierre THimbaud. Mcdonalds and Quick are also close by. THe concierge at the hotel was great he helped us book a few tours, all of the staff spoke english. The rooms were spotless, the sheets and pillows smelled great. The bathrooms were comfortable the bathtub was a bit small for 2 people unless if you dont mind spilling some water on the floor ;) All in all i loved the hotel and will definitely stay there again when I go back to paris!

Place de la Republique, ParisPlace de la Republique, Paris

Fellow travelers with baby - July

by subbalakshmim

Are you travelling to Paris between July 2- 8th and have a little one? we are and I am hoping to compare notes. Please ping me if you are. Cheers!

RE: Fellow travelers with baby - July

by metallemon

I've been in Paris when my brother was 3 years old. We didn't have any problem with transportation, or the sightseeing tour. My brother was always in a bassinet (carry one with you, really helps), and he didn't get tired or anything. Also we went in Disneyland where he enjoyed very much. We visited Paris at August but I don't believe that it has graet differences in July.
In addition people in Paris are very helpful to those people who have babies.
Don't worry and have a very great time!!!!

RE: RE: Fellow travelers with baby - July

by subbalakshmim

Hi! Thank you for your note. I am looking forward to the trip. Cheers!

RE: Fellow travelers with baby - July

by SKeerthi

Hi there !

My husband and I are also travelling to PAris from teh 4th - 8th July wiht our 15 month old daughter...well...we are not really worried about her..but lets see...we are booked in holiday Inn paris Republique..what about you guys ?? From your name I can make out you are Indian...so are we...we live in the middle east and belong to Madras/Kerala.

You could email me at keerthanasm@rediffmail.com

We could probably meet and do things together !!!!

Cheers,