6 bis Rue de Lyon, 12 Arr., Paris, 75012, France

Hotels.com Expedia.com Hotel Adriatic

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Good location, excellent price!

2002: I spent 7 nights here and I highly recommend it. The room I got was fairly big and I had my own shower and WC (even had TV!), and the lady at the front desk was really helpful and nice (mostly everyone was kind and helpful there). Everything was clean and nice, the only problem I had was that I got one of the rooms next to the elevator and it was VERY noisy, people would use it all night & day and it's somewhat annoying if you want to have a good sleep, so try not to get those rooms! Everything else was great though. The area is also very safe to walk even late at night.

2007: Spent 3 nights here as I liked my first stay, and I still recommend this hotel to everyone. The elevator is still a pain in the neck, since it's located in the middle of the staircase between one level and the next, so if you want to go to the 3rd floor you actually have to push the "2nd floor" button and then still climb a few steps to reach the 3rd. It's quite uncomfortable to put your luggage inside as the stairs are rather narrow, but well, that's about the only hassle I found. The hotel has been refurbished ever since my last visit and the rooms and bathrooms are nicer and clean. This time wasn't close to the elevator so, even though the opening and closing of the other rooms' doors was a bit noisy, I could sleep soundly every night I stayed there.

Unique Quality: This is a 2-star hotel located right on Rue de Lyon, only 1 1/2 blocks away from the train & metro station (Gare de Lyon) which is a good location, and it's close to several restaurants and small shops - even a supermarket - where you can get the basics to eat if you don't want to pay a restaurant meal. The price I paid there in low season was 51 EUR (approx. 68 USD, in 2002) and 56-60 EUR (78-80 USD, in the summer of 2007) per night single occupancy, and you can get continental breakfast for extra 8 EUR (rather poor and very expensive in my opinion, so I don't recommend it; there are little cafes and shops closeby and even some coffee stands inside the metro station which offer better options).

NOTE: I considered staying here for my 2011 trip to Paris but found out that the prices had increased, so now I was going to pay close to 80 EUR a night for a not so central location.... so I decided to look for something closer to downtown (which isn't too hard to find if you're willing to pay those same 80 EUR), but if you don't mind the location (which is still good but not the best) then I'd say go for it...

Directions: Three or four blocks away from Gare de Lyon train station, towards the northwest (Rue de Lyon is rather a wide avenue so you can't miss it)

Comments